Page 47 of 779 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147547 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 47

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, you are all brilliant. That looks wonderful.

Boyfriend picked me up from work around 10:30AM. I feel weak and achey. No fever. Bad cramps in the period and intestinal way. I went out and got us soup at Whole Foods (flavorless chicken soup for him & butternut squash for me, mine was tasty anyway).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Or you could make a real egg sandwich...
    That is fucking awesome. It's like a hyper-protein meal. I wants it!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Still feeling off today. Not sure if I'm going to be making mini-Thanksgiving after all. I have to go get my scooter from the work parking lot and it's raining. I think that's about all of the adventure I can manage today. Shopping would just be too stressful, I think.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Feel better soon! You know, you can always do your spiffy Thanksgiving after the family one- on Saturday or something. No reason to waste organic and primal stuffing if you're not quite right.

Don't you hate that when you've got a great series and you have to wait for the next one?

Of course, since it's about giving thanks, sometimes all you need is a nice hot cup of tea, a blanket, and someone to cuddle with to be thankful.

My dad is in the hospital. He's just feeling generally awful and has some chest pain. Given our family history of heart disease (all on his side), it was pretty clearly an urgent case and my mom called an ambulance for him. I am really worried about him, but my boyfriend's calm presence is helping. I shed a few tears and got back to making my stuffing. I hope my sister is doing okay.

My dinner for tonight is getting downscaled to probably a simple bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Since I just used up everything I could possibly put into a regular meatloaf, it'll be pretty plain, but nothing that a lot of pepper & garlic powder can't fix.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    sending healing thoughts and hugs~~~~~((()))
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    sending healing thoughts and hugs~~~~~((()))
    +1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks for the happy thoughts. My dad is sleepy and bored, but doing okay. Whatever enzymes indicate heart blockage are present in his blood tests, but very very low (which is good). The fact that they are there at all is concerning to the doctors though, especially since his heart is very strong (from biking everyday to work) and resting pulse is good etc. So they are going in either tomorrow or Saturday with a catheter to look for any blockage and put in a stent if need be.

Now is the time when I am REALLY struggling to keep my mouth shut about how fucked up the SAD healthy diet is. He eats well, he does plenty of cardio, and apparently he's got heart issues. His father did too, and he lived a pretty healthy life, but his health severely declined when, of course, they put him on loads of drugs and told him to stop eating real butter. It breaks my heart to hear my grandmother spouting the same CW crap as her health declines. I have no doubt that my dad would thrive living a primal lifestyle. I think the exercise style would really help him shed those extra 30 pounds or so (he's 6', maybe 220lbs).

Thanksgiving was good. It was a bit odd not being with my parents, but I had a good time in Maine with my sister, her boyfriend, my brother, my aunt, and my grandma. My mom wants to have another dinner on Sunday for my dad, when he should be home. I'm not complaining! Plenty of free tasty food. I indulged in ice cream last night with the boyfriend, 2 small cinnamon buns this morning, and some pumpkin pie after dinner. Everyone liked the grain-free stuffing I made Toiling over it for 4 hours was not fun, but it really came out tasty. Savory Stuffing [Grain-free] I think I forgot to link to it before...

I've got some belly bloating going on and my random nausea is kicking in again. I'm beginning to worry that the nausea and general stomach unease I've had this week is related to my period. I've got some mouth ulcers that are most likely caused by excess sugar, so they should diminish within the next couple of days as I go back to avoiding sugar.

I felt really happy today. My mental clarity was good, but that odd disconnect between my brain and mouth was present again. I just cannot speak properly!

Happy gluttony day everyone!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Glad your dad is doing well. I hear you, though, about having a hard time keeping your mouth shut. I hate that "But I can fix this!" that you know they won't listen to. Still- healing thoughts his way, and comforting ones yours.

That's funny- my parents went from Maine to Mass for Thanksgiving this year Glad your stuffing was a hit! It looks gooood!

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Thanks for the happy thoughts. My dad is sleepy and bored, but doing okay. Whatever enzymes indicate heart blockage are present in his blood tests, but very very low (which is good). The fact that they are there at all is concerning to the doctors though, especially since his heart is very strong (from biking everyday to work) and resting pulse is good etc. So they are going in either tomorrow or Saturday with a catheter to look for any blockage and put in a stent if need be.

Now is the time when I am REALLY struggling to keep my mouth shut about how fucked up the SAD healthy diet is. He eats well, he does plenty of cardio, and apparently he's got heart issues. His father did too, and he lived a pretty healthy life, but his health severely declined when, of course, they put him on loads of drugs and told him to stop eating real butter. It breaks my heart to hear my grandmother spouting the same CW crap as her health declines. I have no doubt that my dad would thrive living a primal lifestyle. I think the exercise style would really help him shed those extra 30 pounds or so (he's 6', maybe 220lbs).

Thanksgiving was good. It was a bit odd not being with my parents, but I had a good time in Maine with my sister, her boyfriend, my brother, my aunt, and my grandma. My mom wants to have another dinner on Sunday for my dad, when he should be home. I'm not complaining! Plenty of free tasty food. I indulged in ice cream last night with the boyfriend, 2 small cinnamon buns this morning, and some pumpkin pie after dinner. Everyone liked the grain-free stuffing I made Toiling over it for 4 hours was not fun, but it really came out tasty. Savory Stuffing [Grain-free] I think I forgot to link to it before...

I've got some belly bloating going on and my random nausea is kicking in again. I'm beginning to worry that the nausea and general stomach unease I've had this week is related to my period. I've got some mouth ulcers that are most likely caused by excess sugar, so they should diminish within the next couple of days as I go back to avoiding sugar.

I felt really happy today. My mental clarity was good, but that odd disconnect between my brain and mouth was present again. I just cannot speak properly!

Happy gluttony day everyone!
    I got sick post thanksgiving food too. Feel better!
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"