Page 469 of 926 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 9259

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change?

  1. #4681
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    13,153
    Shop Now
    Sleep was bad before I gave up gluten too, but that was also the week+ leading up to the engagement party. I used to sleep this poorly before I started taking 5-HTP, now it seems to happen randomly sometimes, but not for this long. I'm not taking 5-HTP tonight and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have a melt down tomorrow. I will bring it with me to the lakehouse just in case.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

    Depression Lies

  2. #4682
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sleep was bad before I gave up gluten too, but that was also the week+ leading up to the engagement party. I used to sleep this poorly before I started taking 5-HTP, now it seems to happen randomly sometimes, but not for this long. I'm not taking 5-HTP tonight and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have a melt down tomorrow. I will bring it with me to the lakehouse just in case.
    I had such serious sleep difficulties for most of my life, and now I'm finding on a high fruit diet I sleep really well! Optimal sleep happens for me after 300gs carbs. Total calories plays a role, but no matter how much I ate on HFLC, my sleep was shit.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  3. #4683
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    13,153
    It has been a my whole life kind of thing too, even as a toddler. Not taking hours to fall asleep is a huge improvement in recent years, but I'd like to sleep the whole night.

    I took magnesium last night because I'd only taken 400 mg during the day. I woke up around when my alarm usually goes off but otherwise slept well!

    Sent by carrier pigeon.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

    Depression Lies

  4. #4684
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    13,153
    I am probably breaking my gluten-free streak today for some fast food on the road. We're just killing some time now until we leave for the lake house. It's raining now, but hopefully will be clearing up later. Should be fairly hot tomorrow & sunday!
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

    Depression Lies

  5. #4685
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Suburbs of Toronto
    Posts
    1,239
    I sleep like the dead eating higher carb.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

    Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

  6. #4686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I sleep like the dead eating higher carb.
    I do to but during the day. I guess I have average sleep, not great but nothing to really lose... Sleep over... Oh god. Anyway, after going moderate carb I have more energy and no swings so I can stay awake during the day easily but sometimes my body/mind won't shut up at night.

  7. #4687
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Hope the weather clears up for a nice weekend
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

  8. #4688
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It has been a my whole life kind of thing too, even as a toddler. Not taking hours to fall asleep is a huge improvement in recent years, but I'd like to sleep the whole night.

    I took magnesium last night because I'd only taken 400 mg during the day. I woke up around when my alarm usually goes off but otherwise slept well!

    Sent by carrier pigeon.
    Isn't it interesting that so many of these symptoms correlate? insomnia, gut issues, depression, anxiety... I have all these issues as well.

    Have you ever tried charcoal for your gut issues? I need to start sorting mine out...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  9. #4689
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,202
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Isn't it interesting that so many of these symptoms correlate? insomnia, gut issues, depression, anxiety... I have all these issues as well.

    Have you ever tried charcoal for your gut issues? I need to start sorting mine out...
    Gut issues = serotonin = cause of most of those issues, if you really think about it. However, it's not the only, as I have a pretty iron stomach and digestive system, and still have mild insomnia and anxiety. I think there are too many neurotransmitors to really narrow down a lot of symptoms, just some are pretty self-explanatory when related to the gut and where most serotonin is located.
    nihil

  10. #4690
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Gut issues = serotonin = cause of most of those issues, if you really think about it. However, it's not the only, as I have a pretty iron stomach and digestive system, and still have mild insomnia and anxiety. I think there are too many neurotransmitors to really narrow down a lot of symptoms, just some are pretty self-explanatory when related to the gut and where most serotonin is located.
    Yeah, I hear you. There's too much of a physiological dance going on to ever really know what's causing what. I'm pretty sure now that my depression was mostly due to high oestrogen, but my gut has been really inflamed for the last two days, UGH. Getting sick of it.

    I'm quite ignorant about the serotonin-gut link tbh. I don't really understand it. Has Peat written anything on it? Actually, I have loads of questions for you! maybe I'll take it over to my journal instead of clogging up Tashas
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •