Page 469 of 679 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 6783

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 469

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Shots are my best option =P
    lol. I never understood shots. You don't get to taste the drink.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    if you are buying cheap beer you are already doing it wrong.

As for the rest, that is a damned good list. I've never explored gluten free beer but now I might have to. Thanks cori.
    I agree.
    No cheap alcohol. Good alcohol.

There are more GF beers... Widmers Omission... Sprechers... New Grist... Fox Tail... St. Peter's Sorghum Beer...
    Lots.
    I just haven't managed to try them ALL... yet.

While I do like the occasional shot.
    Shots would be intensely irritating to your gums I would think with the alcohol concentration.
    And I think there is something to be said for sipping on a nice cold tall drink too.
    Have you tried ciders?

Or at least cut the strength of the liquor with soda like you said.
    Good old rum and coke! Or 7&7... LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    The lakehouse weekend is more about the result of drinking, not the products. You taste enough of it though [[shudders at memory of shot of whiskey at surprise wedding]].
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The only ciders I've tried were intensely irritating to my gums. Maybe I should bring a straw, haha. It's the sugar, not the alcohol, that's the problem...so soda and liquor is probably a bad idea after all. Diet sodas are evil, but they don't bother my gums =\. Whenever I have sugar in my tea, my gums get irritated. They are stupid and sensitive and I hate them.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    If you don't like G&T, try out a V&T with one of the citrus flavored vodkas... then add a piece of citrus to it to compliment it... it's very nice and refreshing... tall and cold. and should be easy on the gums.

And no herbal gin flavor to put you off.

You could get some of the little flavored vodka snips to try the flavors to see what you like that way.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

This is why I'm glad I have you guys here to think for me.

I am a bit anxious today. More than a bit. I was hoping lunch would help. I apparently lost my apple at some point today or forgot it at home, so my lunch is slightly smaller and I am hungry. Poo.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am fueling my mood with music. Not a great idea, but I'll do lots of singing on my way to pick up Hulky in a bit.

DSC03347_0003 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    I liked my outfit today. I want more vests. My hair is so faded. This color brand was great for tone, but not longevity. I think I'm doing purple for this weekend.
    Love the pics.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Beer is a possibility... because there is gluten free beer. And yes it is really gluten free because it is made with non-gluten ingredients like sorghum, rice, buckwheat, and gluten-free barley malt.

It's not cheap though, and you generally have to look for it in specialty shops or larger liquor stores that cater to the specialty market.

Here are some options, from easier to find lower quality taste... to top notch taste but harder to find.

Anheuser-Bush Redbridge... American (Sorghum), darker lager, tastes a bit like Yuengling, shouldn't be hard to find.

Estrella Damm Daura... from Spain (GF barley malt), tastes like maybe Stella Artois. Easy to drink. Not hard to find.
    Even though this isn't my favorite GF beer because I like some of the craft GFs better, it really would probably be considered my "go to" because I can pick it up so easily at the grocery store if I'm grilling and want a cold one... no need for a trip to the specialty store.

New Planet Tread Lightly... American (sorghum, corn, orange peel, hops, yeast), a crisp sort of cider/beer hybrid. Different, but good. Harder to find? There is a link for sourcing...
    Locate Beer | New Planet Beer

Bard's Tale Dragon's Gold... American and up in Buffalo, NY so it may be easier for you to find (sorghum, yeast, hops, water), bolder flavor like a Newcastle.

Dogfish Head Tweason'Ale... American also a north east brewery and should be an easier find for you (strawberries, sorghum, honey), it's a fruitbeer in the style of Lindeman's Framboise, a wonderful summer fresher when really cold.

Green's Discovery... UK (sorghum, rice, buckwheat), English style dark amber ale... may be a tough find. It is yummy though.

New Planet Off the Grid Pale Ale... American (Hops!), Yeah, it tastes like a real IPA/pale ale. And I don't like it much for that reason, but my husband and some of his buddies that don't even know that it's GF love it.

Green's Quest... UK (sorghum, rice, buckwheat), Belgian Tripel, a mellow low ABV style tripel, a little spicey, a little sweet, so pleasant to smell and drink. It's always good to pick up a couple of these if you're into the style. Harder to find. Specialty store.

Brunehaut Ambrée... Belgium (barley, with gluten extracted), Amber ale similar to Ommegang, has residual gluten tested at "less than 5 parts per million", for me it's a worth it once in a while since I don't drink often and I rotate through different GF beers and ciders. Hard to find. Specialty.

Green’s Endeavor... UK (Belgian candy sugars, Belgian yeast), Belgian Dubbel style, deep and dark, this is where I go theses days if I want a rich BLACK beer, it's sweet, super dark, and malty. Hard to find. Specialty.

Brunehaut Bio Blonde... Belgium (barley, with gluten-extracted), Belgian Tripel, hazy golden color, mild fruits and spices, nice head, slightly thin body. Very nice little ale. Has the residual "less than 5 parts per million" like the other Brunehaut. Hard to find. Specialty store.

And of course if you and to avoid gluten without the hassle of looking for GF beers, there are ciders everywhere these days!
    I'm going to have to try some of these they look great. I've never dealt well with beer, even before I found out I was allergic, but I still love a good one.

Vanilla vodka is a cruel sweet mistress. It's the only thing I've ever really overdone. So good. Just beware haha.

Rum is actually pretty tame I think as well flavour wise. Especially anything pale.

Have fun!

Gluten-free day 8? I seriously can't remember.

Sleep
    -This continues to be an issue. I think I need to have a night or two of no "sleep aids", but I'm not sure what to do about 5-HTP at this point. I'm afraid of a bad mood crash.
    -Last night I took 100 mg of 5-HTP and 2 tablets of Theanine Serene. I had a lot of really weird and vivid dreams (same thing happened with 150 mg 5-HTP and 1 tablet of Theanine Serene). I woke up several times and had a hard time falling back asleep. At least the kitty snuggled with us a lot.
    -When I fall asleep, I like to be on my back, but if I wake up, I can't seem to fall asleep unless I'm on my side. This is not as comfortable for my body upon waking.

Body
    -No tingly toes again. I'm wondering if I should cut out the Iodine or the B12 for a few days to see which one is helping so I can tell the doc when I do my annual. Because my toes were peeling and constantly inflamed, she thought it was something I should see a dermatologist about. I think it might have been a fungal infection at first, coupled with whatever is going on again now.
    -Still working on squats. Not putting them in fitocracy because they aren't "full" and I still need a lot of support.
    -My butt looks awesome, IMO, but I feel uncomfortable about being somewhat "bottom heavy". I'm sure I'm not, it's just my body image. Hulky helps to try and set me straight.
    -I used the neti pot this morning. I woke up with a sore throat. I hope another morning of use (tomorrow) will be good enough for the weekend. It would have been better if I'd used it all week.

Hair
    -The doggy shampoo continues to work nicely for me. My scalp is still minorly flaky at times, but a lot better than it was.
    -I can't decide if I should dye my hair purple tonight or just buzz it. It's a new dye, so I'm not sure how it'll look, especially with my hair so faded right now. If I don't buzz it tonight, I probably will once the purple fades out, or after this weekend.

I need to pick up more Allegra. Or Zyrtec. And Zantac, because I ran out a while ago. I have a couple of coupons that will hopefully be useful.

Why does my office smell like pot this morning? It's giving me a headache.

We are going to see The Wolverine late tonight. Hooray, late-night movie dates!

We got all of Hulky's makings for drunk brunch on Saturday. It was a lot, but I should get plenty of money back from the other folks going. It comes to less than $9 per person for our brunch. I hope it's less for the other meals that people are contributing. I need to make pancakes to freeze tonight or tomorrow morning.

PrimalCon New York
    I am doing a pretty good job managing my anxiety lately. I can recognize it pretty quickly and shut myself up or deal with it. This is all well and good, but I don't think it's going to improve/go away until I can sort out this sleep issue.

I'm exhausted today. I'm frustrated about some communication issues at work that I don't think I can talk to my boss about until I have some more "evidence".

I'm so tired that I'm feeling queasy. I think I'll just buzz my head tonight. It's less work and the fuzz will be awesome.

I think I might make some hot cocoa if there's some mix in the cupboard. It's just Swiss Miss. The little sores (painless canker sores) that I used to get frequently have not been going away lately. Maybe it's from eating more fruit? I don't know. Cocoa will be tasty and will probably make them worse.