Page 468 of 678 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 6775

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 468

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Re the booze, hate to break it to you, but beer contains gluten. Not much gluten (especially if it's a lighter beer like Corona), but it does have some. Sad cuz I love beer. I, too, recommend hard liquor plus soda or seltzer water.
    Squeeze of lime too.
    Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I can't find the QOTD, so not sure what you're asking buuuut -

Beer also contains oestrogens, which is bad if you have low progesterone...

Red wine can induce hypoglycaemia.

I think the reason you pooped more with beer in the past could have been the kind of beer (whenever I drink beer in the East I have significant BMS, but I believe it's due to the level of impurities in the drink).

I would go for a nice whiskey or gin Actually, I still nail red wine when I drink, but I tolerate it less and less these days... One small glass makes me woozy now!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-24-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Blegh, don't like whiskey or gin. G&T's are okay, but mostly because of the lime mmmmmm. I guess I'll be avoiding beer then, don't want to break my gluten-free streak yet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I can't find the QOTD, so not sure what you're asking buuuut -

Beer also contains oestrogens, which is bad if you have low progesterone...

Red wine can induce hypoglycaemia.

I think the reason you pooped more with beer in the past could have been the kind of beer (whenever I drink beer in the East I have significant BMS, but I believe it's due to the level of impurities in the drink).

I would go for a nice whiskey or gin Actually, I still nail red wine when I drink, but I tolerate it less and less these days... One small glass makes me woozy now!
    Sounds like you're drinking some cruddy wine. I never used to get woozy when I drank with my parents (wine snobs) but the cheap stuff I can afford gives me a headache. Better to buy quality and drink occasionally anyway, though I will second a decent whiskey. gotta be careful because some whiskeys also contain gluten. Don't quote me on it but I think Jack Daniels does contain gluten or possible contaminates.

Gluten-free day...7?

Yay, a week! Joints are good, bloating is minimal. Been a bit gassy the past two days, unsure why.

Food (yest.)
    -Peppermint tea w/ hydrolyzed collagen
    -Larabar, sausage & broc, 3 dates
    -pork chop & broc
    -apple with almond butter
    -a bit of chocolate

Definitely not enough food. I was hungry at bedtime, but didn't want anything we had. I feel like I might have snacked on something else, but I can't remember what now. I'm really hungry this morning and wish I had some hard-boiled eggs.

Sleep
    -I woke early this morning, but don't know if it was still "night" or within an hour or two of my alarm. I was grumpy because Hulky was laying on me (I don't usually sleep well snuggling) and the cat was on my other side so I didn't have anywhere to move.
    -I felt pretty tired upon waking, but fine within 30 min. This is acceptable to me.
    -150 mg of 5-HTP last night and one Theanine Serene tablet. I felt like I had a little trouble falling asleep, but no idea how long it took.

Body
    -My right knee has been hurting lately, but I think it's from activity and sore in a good way. I still can't do squats away from a wall or my knee will track inwards. Since I can't hold it any other way, I'll just have to continue doing this. It's okay though, I still need to work up more strength in general so I can hold a squat past neutral for longer. I hope this helps reinforce the proper position for my hips to be in.
    -Doing lunges before my cycling ride feels really good.
    -[EDIT] No tingling toes this morning. I added a drop of Iodine as well as the B12 back into my supplements a few days ago, so it could be thanks to either. Hmm.

I have not been keeping up with using my neti pot lately and I am regretting it this morning. I'm all stuffed up.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 07-24-2013 at 08:17 AM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the broccoli caused the gas. Anything in the cabbage family does it to me.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I eat a lot of broccoli. It's my go-to veg. Guess I have to find a way to change things up.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Beer is a possibility... because there is gluten free beer. And yes it is really gluten free because it is made with non-gluten ingredients like sorghum, rice, buckwheat, and gluten-free barley malt.

It's not cheap though, and you generally have to look for it in specialty shops or larger liquor stores that cater to the specialty market.

Here are some options, from easier to find lower quality taste... to top notch taste but harder to find.

Anheuser-Bush Redbridge... American (Sorghum), darker lager, tastes a bit like Yuengling, shouldn't be hard to find.

Estrella Damm Daura... from Spain (GF barley malt), tastes like maybe Stella Artois. Easy to drink. Not hard to find.
    Even though this isn't my favorite GF beer because I like some of the craft GFs better, it really would probably be considered my "go to" because I can pick it up so easily at the grocery store if I'm grilling and want a cold one... no need for a trip to the specialty store.

New Planet Tread Lightly... American (sorghum, corn, orange peel, hops, yeast), a crisp sort of cider/beer hybrid. Different, but good. Harder to find? There is a link for sourcing...
    Locate Beer | New Planet Beer

Bard's Tale Dragon's Gold... American and up in Buffalo, NY so it may be easier for you to find (sorghum, yeast, hops, water), bolder flavor like a Newcastle.

Dogfish Head Tweason'Ale... American also a north east brewery and should be an easier find for you (strawberries, sorghum, honey), it's a fruitbeer in the style of Lindeman's Framboise, a wonderful summer fresher when really cold.

Green's Discovery... UK (sorghum, rice, buckwheat), English style dark amber ale... may be a tough find. It is yummy though.

New Planet Off the Grid Pale Ale... American (Hops!), Yeah, it tastes like a real IPA/pale ale. And I don't like it much for that reason, but my husband and some of his buddies that don't even know that it's GF love it.

Green's Quest... UK (sorghum, rice, buckwheat), Belgian Tripel, a mellow low ABV style tripel, a little spicey, a little sweet, so pleasant to smell and drink. It's always good to pick up a couple of these if you're into the style. Harder to find. Specialty store.

Brunehaut Ambrée... Belgium (barley, with gluten extracted), Amber ale similar to Ommegang, has residual gluten tested at "less than 5 parts per million", for me it's a worth it once in a while since I don't drink often and I rotate through different GF beers and ciders. Hard to find. Specialty.

Green’s Endeavor... UK (Belgian candy sugars, Belgian yeast), Belgian Dubbel style, deep and dark, this is where I go theses days if I want a rich BLACK beer, it's sweet, super dark, and malty. Hard to find. Specialty.

Brunehaut Bio Blonde... Belgium (barley, with gluten-extracted), Belgian Tripel, hazy golden color, mild fruits and spices, nice head, slightly thin body. Very nice little ale. Has the residual "less than 5 parts per million" like the other Brunehaut. Hard to find. Specialty store.

And of course if you and to avoid gluten without the hassle of looking for GF beers, there are ciders everywhere these days!
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-24-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It's not cheap though
    if you are buying cheap beer you are already doing it wrong.

As for the rest, that is a damned good list. I've never explored gluten free beer but now I might have to. Thanks cori.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Seriously! Thanks. I am thinking that soda & hard liquor will be easiest. I don't think I'll drink all that much because everything will irritate my gums anyway. Shots are my best option =P