Page 466 of 748 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 7474

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 466

namelesswonder is offline Moderator

Gluten-free day 6!

Shop Now
    I think it's day 6 anyway. Bah, whatever, close enough!

Hulky's first email of the day to me:
    "Proud of you, booger! Biking to work all the time and taking such an interest in your wellbeing. Have to make sure you stay healthy, you have to be a role model for our adopted children named Arizona and Icedtea."

When I asked about the lovely name choices, he said, "I needed a set of names that goes together and would get me shot by my parents."

My husband is a funny dude.

Food (yest.)
    -water w/ hydrolyzed collagen
    -apple, banana, apricot
    -maki rolls (about 13 total)
    -3 eggs, scrambled in coconut oil (refined, because ew)
    -banana chips
    -bunch of medjool dates

Doesn't look like I ate much. Hmm. Quite a bit of dried fruit. Starch definitely exacerbates my bloat & gas issues, as I was very gassy after dinner last night, and the night before, which also included rice in the meal.

Body
    -When remarking to Hulky about the changes between my body on the wedding weekend and this past weekend, I got a bit negative and he said, "I like your body both ways." It's good to have him keep me on track. I FELT GOOD and I'm focusing on that.
    -30 second plank last night!

Sleep
    -I was exhausted yesterday and took a 2-3 hr nap in the afternoon. I had a headache for the rest of the day after that.
    -I decided to up the 5-HTP back to 150 mg (and L-Tyrosine to 1500 mg). I had some weird dreams last night, but slept like a rock.

This weekend is the lakehouse weekend. Our friends are not being responsive about what food they are bringing up. Hulky has already said he'll make brunch on Saturday and another friend said she'll make dinner Saturday so I assume she's bringing what she needs for that. We are planning to provide something for Friday night, to snack on as people get in (Hulky was thinking empanadas, but I think we might make an actual dinner for the two of us), since we'll be up early. I can only hope we get paid back immediately. I'm tired of bitching about it to these people and getting no responses. I have no idea what food I want to bring for myself. I want an easy dinner for us on Friday night, something that won't break the bank.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nameless Wonders: Link love
    Includes a link about marriage that I think many of you will enjoy.

I lied, in my blog. My hands are aching today. I think it might have been something from the maki rolls last night.

I read something about Vitamin B12 deficiency and that it can sometimes present as tingling or numbness in fingers and toes. I wonder if that's what's going on with my toes? I have some liquid B12 I can try supplementing for a little while. My toes were itchy when I woke up again this morning. This wasn't an issue for months, but has been bothering me for more than a week now. I can't think of anything in my diet that has changed aside from removing gluten, but this started before I cut out gluten again. I am eating dairy infrequently and haven't noticed a correlation with that.

I wore a necklace (that I've worn before with no issues) on Saturday. On Sunday, I woke up with a rash on my neck where the chain would have sat. It's still a little irritated, but going away. Weird. My mom has a nickel allergy, but I've never had problems with jewelry before.

BTW, liquid vitex tastes awful.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    allergies to things can pop up for no apparent reason. I wore gold rings for 30 years before I became allergic to gold - I developed a burning/itchiness under my wedding ring and had to stop wearing it. Now I can wear it for a few days and then have to stop again for a few weeks. Very weird............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    if you're annual includes a pelvic/pap and breast exam........... please done skip it. Bad things can happen really fast and missing a yearly exam can be the difference between preventive maintenance - and things more drastic and invasive. I speak from experience.

In 2000 I was going to skip my annual well woman exam. Something told me I should go ahead and have it done. While doing the vaginal exam the doctor says, "oh wow........ I have never seen anything grow this fast - you're last exam was totally normal!" When I asked her what it was she told me I had white spots all over my cervix. She rushed a biopsy and I had SEVERE cervical dysplasia - had I missed that yearly exam I would most likely not be sitting here cautioning you to not skip yours. She told me had I waited another year for my exam I would probably be at stage 4 cervical cancer. I had to have a cone biopsy to remove all the pre-cancerous cells. I have been fine since.

Don't mess around with that stuff. Teeth cleaning can wait........ in fact buy Rembrandt whitening tooth paste and you won't need cleanings - it takes off all the tartar. But yearly exam and mammograms are not something to poo-poo off. If you haven't had a mammogram yet - you should think about having a baseline done soon.

That's my 2 cents!
    I had mild cervical dysplasia. Never got tested for HPV but was told that HPV is the cause of CD. They got all of my bad cells through a colposcopy and I've checked out clear every year since. My sister had to have a colposcopy and a LEEP - through the leep procedure, she lost roughly 1/4 of her cervix, which produced problems when she was delivering her son (scar tissue prevented dilation).

With the new health insurance laws, I believe well-women checks are now 100% covered by insurance. Mammograms too, but it's standard practice for a woman to not need a mammogram (unless there are extenuating circumstances like extensive family history, lump discovered during exam, etc) until after the age of 40.

I think you should get the exam - that being said, I need to schedule my own as well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

time for my annual also. yuck.

Requested my appointment via NextMed.
    Last edited by tomi; 07-22-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Gluten-free day...7?

I think by the end of today, I'll be gluten-free for 7 days! Doing well.

Nameless Wonders: Missing Popham Beach
    Poem-ish thing I wrote yesterday. I miss my family's vacations in Maine. Hulky's family never took vacations and the two of us have taken many trips since being together. I'm glad travelling is a thing for us.

Sleep
    -With 150 mg of 5-HTP and 1 tablet of Theanine Serene, I slept like a rock. We stayed up a little late so that is probably why I was tired this morning. With 100 mg of 5-HTP and 2 tablets of Theanine Serene, I sleep soundly, but still wake up during the night. With 150 mg of 5-HTP and nothing else, I sleep well. This is going to take some finagling.

Body
    -No cycling today, it's rainy. Not sure if I'll be able to tomorrow either.
    -My toes weren't itchy this morning! I took some vitamin B12 after work yesterday and this morning.

Food (yest.)
    -Peppermint tea w/ hydrolyzed collagen
    -Ground beef w/ onion, green pepper, and rice mixture; apple, banana
    -pork chop, broc, oven fries (kept the fries light on my plate, more broc, and reversed that on Hulky's; the chop came out EXCELLENT because it's warm enough out to get it to a reasonable room temp before pan frying)
    -Smoothie w/ almond butter, plain rice milk, bunch of fresh blueberries, banana, bit of cocoa powder, ice
    -chocolate coated halvah bar (mmmmm so good), half a bar of chocolate (with some pepper and citrus in it, also very good)

I made a sweets/snack run when I went to get more ground pet food for Fae. I got Hulky some organic gummy snacks . He said it was a nice surprise and he loved them. I have more chocolate in the freezer, whoo.

The honeymoon phase is great . I can't wait until we take our actual honeymoon!

Question of the Day: I want to drink this weekend at the lakehouse. I was going to ask what I should get that might be minimally bloating, but probably anything will have adverse effects for me. I think I'll bring up some Corona (and lime, of course) and some cheap vodka, carton of coconut milk, & knock-off Kahlua for a White Russian. I've never tried dairy-free milk in one before, but according to Google, it's a "vegan" substitute . And I'll probably do some shots.

Oh, dudes! I forgot to tell you! I lifted something near 50 lbs yesterday! We still had the 1/2 keg on the dining room floor from the engagement party. I had no idea how much was left, but when FIL stopped by last week, he moved it off the table and told me it was probably about 50 lbs. I squatted, braced my arms, and lifted with my legs. I had to keep it on my hips to keep the weight on my lower body and walked it over to the counter (to empty it). I had to use my arms a little more, but made sure to involve my core & hips in getting it onto the high counter-top so I didn't hurt anything. Not sore at all from the endeavor and wishing I had more heavy things to move!

I guess I'm a lot closer to my "lift 50 lbs" goal than I thought.

Note to self: make gluten-free pancakes ahead of time to freeze & bring up this weekend.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the heavy lift.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So you've been married a little over a week now --- feel any different?

Congrats on the weight accomplishment! Next time you're at the grocery store try picking up a 50# bag of dog food! We have a wood pellet stove and the bags are 40# so I get my daily workout of lifting at least one 40# bag every day from October - May. Pitch it up over my shoulder and carry it about 60 feet from the garage to the stove. Then I have to put it down, cut the top - lift it up again to pour it into the hopper. That's my heavy lifting............ In the summer --- I have to lift my dog in and out of the boat - he's 55#.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: