Page 465 of 769 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 7683

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 465

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Haha, you are right about the cost! Once I start using it again (for cooking & oil pulling), it never seems to last. I am happy now that it stays melted in the cupboard though. I don't really like the flavor so I usually buy refined, but I think Trader Joe's has it for cheapest. I wonder if I could tough it out just for the oil pulling :-p

I had ice cream for the "ice cream social" at work. Maybe 1/2 of a mug, loosely filled, so not much. I had two Lactaid before and am feeling fine. I feel good actually, but that was before the ice cream too.

The heat index is 110F. Please think of me while I bike home in an hour ><
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    If only the dentists would tell you that flossing gets the rotting food out from between your teeth more people would do it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    If only the dentists would tell you that flossing gets the rotting food out from between your teeth more people would do it.
    Excuse me while I go floss my teeth.....................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Gluten-free day 4

Bah, now I'm extra paranoid about my teeth and gums. The gums at my right lower canine are VERY VERY low. They've receded the most over the years. I can't tell if it's worse than earlier this year or not. The last time I saw a dentist, they said nothing needs to be done, it's just cosmetic. I don't want my teeth to rot out/fall out...

Wreck It Ralph at the Hatch Shell in Boston last night was fun. We stayed out late with some friends & checked out a kind of goth-y tequila bar in Boston. Not too pricey, nice ambiance, music was way too loud.

Food (yest)
    -Don't feel like trying to remember. It was all gluten-free
    -Had some alcohol last night

Body
    -Itchy toes this morning

Sleep
    -Took a benadryl, slept better, but I look like shit today

Girly bits (TMI)
    -Itchy yesterday and today. I am tired of trying to figure this stuff out.

My new hard drive arrived last night so I can get my computer back up and running today or tomorrow Unfortunately, it's still going to be absurdly hot today and the air-conditioner makes my allergies really, really terrible.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 07-20-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Gluten-free day 5

The bloat and inflammation is basically gone. Or maybe it is gone, I don't really know. I should take pictures, since there are plenty of me in my bikini from last weekend. My stomach is practically flat (which is probably "flat", it's really just a term for no bloat and low body fat, right?) again, which seems like it's natural state. With a little less muscle, I probably looked a lot like this through high school and college. Minus some hips.

It's too much effort to recall what I ate yesterday. I feel like I have to dig through piles of brain matter to get to that. It's difficult to explain to people how my memory works because I don't really know. I just know it's shitty. I know we had gluten-free pancakes. I put almond butter on mine which was AMAZING. Hulky added cinnamon to the batch. We saw RIPD, which was really fun, with a friend. We watched some LOTR. I guess after that, we had dinner, which included some rice. I ate some fruit at some point, including banana chips and a Larabar. I drank down my hydrolyzed collagen in a small glass of water.

There. I have to go through my entire day in order to remember what I ate.

If anyone ever suspected me for a crime, I would have no alibi past a day. I would not remember.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My memory is shit as well.If you need to know what I was doing, you better ask those around me, because the best you'll get from me is "what day of the week was it? I was probably doing...." If you want details, you're pretty much boned, unless it was a day out of the ordinary.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Having pretty much identical days at my job does not help my memory either. I think, with my health and mental state where it is now, my memory would be much improved if there was more variety in my day-to-day living.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing the oil pulling, and I love it! My teeth look great I noticed that one tooth was receding a little, which inspired to try it. You don't have to use coconut oil if you don't want to - olive oil is fine, and traditionally sunflower oil is used (but we won't go there )

Naia and Nameless: do you think memory and mental health are connected? Strangely, my memory is excellent: friends tell me it's like an elephant's! But when I was smoking dope it went to absolute shit, and sometimes when I'm stressed I'll completely black out about things.

have you ever had your b12 checked? Apparently low b12 can contribute to poor memory.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I always assumed that B12 was one of those things that is checked during annual blood taking and such, but I don't know for sure. Part of my memory issues are just my executive functioning disorder and there's only so much I can do to work around that.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    My memory has always been bad too. And more often than I'd like to admit, I forget whole weeks when some important event happened. Like the two weeks we spent flying off to help our daughter who had just given birth. I forgot the whole thing and even that we went.

That's why I picked the fields of science for my careers. You don't have to remember anything ever, it's all logic, at which I was pretty good - I'm not so sure I am anymore.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase