Page 463 of 682 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 6815

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 463

namelesswonder is offline Moderator

Gluten-free day 2

Primal Fuel
    Holy balls, I am fucking tired.

Sleep
    -Same as "usual" recently: probably woke up during the night, woke up tired
    -Feel like I'm struggling to stay awake & sane right now and it's only 9:30
    -Is is still from excitement/stress or something else? No idea.

Body
    -Ride to work was difficult this morning., I forgot to bring eleuthero root so my ride home is probably going to be rough too
    -My toes were itchy this morning. This hasn't happened in a while. I laid on the couch while lunch was cooking, with my feet elevated on the arm, and the feeling went away. Definitely related to inflammation & circulation. It's not like the pins & needles feeling of a body part "falling asleep" though.

Food (yest)
    -Peppermint tea
    -3 chicken drumsticks, tiny bit of broc, apple, banana, Larabar, 2 brazil nuts
    -pork chops & asparagus
    -hot cocoa (water, tablespoon of hydrolyzed collagen [aka. gelatin w/ the gelling properties], 2 tsp sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder)
    -last Klondike bar

Going to have tea w/ the hydrolyzed collagen now. From my one week trial of a pack of gelatin daily last week, my toenails grew quite a bit. I usually only have to trim them every few weeks, if that, but they grew enough in one week to trim! That seems like a good thing?

We're meeting some friends in Boston tomorrow evening for a movie being shown at the hatch shell (where the July 4th concert occurs). I'm trying to think of a portable dinner that we could prep beforehand and bring. Hulky wants to makes empanadas (a friend showed us how, now he's obsessed), but I can't eat them. All I can think of is fruit and almond butter. I am sure the PUFAs won't do me any favors, but I really want some almond butter.

Groceries for tonight: some kind of fresh veg, empanada disc thingies, cheese or whatever else Hulky needs for those, almond butter (will have to be separate trip to Trader Joe's), eggs (separate trip to Whole Foods), I don't fucking know but I need more food. And fruit.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My answer to every food question this time of year is salmon. So many wild caught varieties right now. So good for inflammation too.

I'm late! Congratulations! Re: wedding rings-I spent a bunch on mine now I wish I would have banked that money and bought a cheap one. I do a lot of manual labor so mine stays scratched and scuffed, the texture/ribbing it has lasts about a week when I have it redone.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Hulky was dead set on a tungsten band, but I told him I'd be worried if something happened and it needed to be removed. My grandmother has had her rings cut off by a hospital more than once, but they're all gold, so easy enough to repair. Tungsten would be VERY difficult to remove. Titanium is very strong, but not as hard as tungsten, so maybe that would be a better option (a quick Google says a ring cutter can remove it in an emergency). He's wearing a $20 stainless steel ring right now and it's incredibly scratched up after 6 months. He was hoping to have a black ring, and it looks like you can get some pretty cheap titanium rings in black.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If they have a diamond saw (many jewelers and hospitals do) the tungsten ring can be cut off.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    -I am backing off on push-ups again while I work on squats. I want to strengthen my back more. Perhaps I'll still do planks.
    Start doing deadlifts, but start light. They work your hamstrings, butt and back, if done properly. Eric Cressey (Deadlift | Eric Cressey | High Performance Training, Personal Training) has a good tutorial video on his website. If you sign up with your email, he'll send you 3 or 4 emails about deadlifts, how to do them properly and which variation is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Holy balls, I am fucking tired.

Sleep
    -Same as "usual" recently: probably woke up during the night, woke up tired
    -Feel like I'm struggling to stay awake & sane right now and it's only 9:30
    -Is is still from excitement/stress or something else? No idea.
    This could very well be carb flu from cutting out all gluten. By doing so, you likely reduced your carb intake significantly. Could also be the "come-down" effect from all the stress and excitement from last weekend too.

Can you believe it? You've been married almost a week now!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Good. He has ultimately decided he still wants tungsten. He doesn't get hurt that often, but when he does, it's usually bad so... I worry. I am probably worrying needlessly about the ring stuff. The lack of sleep is not helping.

Other thoughts
    -Hulky leaves for his 3 weeks in Maine in 3 weeks (plus 2 days). I will miss him and probably be lonely, but it will be good for me to have some time alone, I think. This could be a really useful time for me to dial in my diet, since I'll only be buying & cooking food for myself. Aspects of the intro diet for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet seem like they could be beneficial to me, but I can't say for sure without reading the whole book. For now, I'll just continue focusing on staying gluten-free!
    -I am going to have to make sure I have things to do in the evening. I have a few sewing projects I've been putting off, but nothing major. Maybe I will actually feel like reading! I read a book a couple of weeks ago, but it was just a Rick Riordan novel (in the Olympians series), so not that brain-involving.
    -Fae seems to be doing well on a mix of raw food (slightly ground chicken necks & backs) and canned food (Wellness). I can feel her ribs when she's lying down, so she's lost at least a little weight. Still haven't borrowed a scale to check her weight.
    -I think I'm about due for my annual physical. Maybe I'll do that while Hulky is away so I don't have to worry about transportation. I kind of don't see the point in going at all, since I have no specific concerns that my doctor is going to be able to fix/answer.
    -Also probably due for a teeth cleaning. Meh.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    There was a Marine who was so dedicated to his wife and felt his ring was so incredibly important that he had his finger amputated instead of his ring cut when he was injured on deployment. I thought that was incredibly stupid. lol

Since I'm not taking birth control anymore, I wonder about the necessity to see the dr for my annual... but I suppose it's probably necessary for screening purposes, right? To make sure things aren't morphing into something bad?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I guess it would be good to get my Vitamin D levels checked again. There's no other standard blood work that I really care about. I really don't want anymore doctor's bills right now though.

diene is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I think hospitals are able to cut tungsten rings so I don't think you need to worry.