Page 461 of 776 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 7751

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 461

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrads Tasha!

Love the pool jump btw - doing something like that is how indigenous people get married! They'll jump over a stream or something: an action to demonstrate their movement into a new path of life. So cool you did that too!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If we'd done a more formal ceremony, I kind of wanted to jump a broomstick. I don't think Hulky would've gone for it, but he was totally down with "taking the plunge".

Apparently, doing shots is fairly traditional at a Russian wedding and I lost track of how many I did! My father-in-law initiated a few of them. My dad had some pepper vodka (hot peppers, not black pepper, ick), which he usually makes for Pascha (Easter) so that was a nice nod to my family roots for me .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Food (yest.)
    -peppermint tea (ran out of gelatin, hydrolyzed collagen arrives tomorrow)
    -leftover steak, onions, bell peppers, w/ some broc, apple, banana, Larabar
    -slice of cake (threw the rest out)
    -chicken drumsticks & oven fries
    -Klondike bar

We made a grocery store run last night. I got a few kiwis and apricots to try. I looked up how to tell how ripe they are this morning and I think only one apricot is ready so I'll be having that today. They're so fuzzy . I'm slowly working in some fresh veg into our dinners. I got us some organic broc and asparagus (not sure it's organic, but whatever). I think I'll roast the asparagus with some oil & salt tonight. I forgot to defrost meat for tonight, oops. I need to get some sweet potato so I can start shifting out nightshades.

I love seeing our yearly savings at the bottom of our receipt. Using our Stop & Shop card, we've saved something like $500 so far this year. With deals, sales, and a coupon, we saved 30% off our trip yesterday. I don't know how much we're spending monthly now, but I think we're doing okay.

Body
    -My gums feel irritated this morning, even though I brushed with the brushing oil blend. Probably from food choices yesterday. I also think I burned my gums a little above my top two front teeth on dinner last night.
    -Nothing ached yesterday until the evening, which may have been from the cake, or just from being the end of the day. That's progress, anyway. I elevated my legs and iced my knees a bit.
    -I'm stretching before and after every cycling trip now, starting this morning. My stupid hamstrings do not want to be anything but tight.

Sleep
    -When I sleep taking Theanine Serene, I feel very well rested, but I'm still waking up periodically. Hopefully this will continue to improve throughout the week.

Hulky left for work late today. He is waiting for Chip to get out of work (he works 3rd shift) to take him to drop off the marriage license. Hulky's phone took a swim on Saturday, so I can't call him (Chip is replacing it since he shoved Hulky in), but apparently we can get our certificates immediately after the license is returned! I can start my name change process on the 26th, which I took off to travel up to NY for our lakehouse weekend with friends. I'll probably just do social security right now because the RMV trip is going to require $$ (license, title, registration). Hehee, I wonder what color my hair will be in the new picture.

My grandmother brought me a white gold ring with an aquamarine last weekend. I don't think there was any story attached to it (that's rare with her). It's only a little too big and unfortunately doesn't fit under my engagement ring, otherwise I'd wear it as a wedding band. She really wants me to visit soon (I want to visit before it gets cool out!) to talk about inheritance stuff =\. I think she really wanted to give me her wedding band, which would be amazing, but I really don't like wearing yellow gold. Her wedding band is very wide, so it definitely could not be worn with my engagement ring. Hulky is hoping we'll be able to get the rings by the time we (hopefully) have our bigger reception in a couple of years.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 07-16-2013 at 06:46 AM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If we'd done a more formal ceremony, I kind of wanted to jump a broomstick. I don't think Hulky would've gone for it, but he was totally down with "taking the plunge".

Apparently, doing shots is fairly traditional at a Russian wedding and I lost track of how many I did! My father-in-law initiated a few of them. My dad had some pepper vodka (hot peppers, not black pepper, ick), which he usually makes for Pascha (Easter) so that was a nice nod to my family roots for me .
    Damn, that sounds like a mighty fun wedding.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    *Shameless plug* you don't need a precious metal for a wedding band. Ours are tungsten carbide. Less conductive than traditional metals, stronger, and can only be scratched by a diamond. We got both for under $120, including tax. Granted, they can't be sized unless they're melted and recast. All it takes is some water and cloth anf it looks like the day I bought it. Before we found the tungsten, we were looking at airplane steel. We both wanted silvery, but much more durable than most traditional metals. Just a thought, tungsten and steel are cheaper than everything except maybe silver.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    *Shameless plug* ....
    *shameless agreement*

Hulky wants black tungsten and I've seen them for fairly cheap online, so his isn't really an issue. I really want to wear my engagement ring w/ my band (too small to wear on my right and it's too beautiful to hide away), so I'm afraid anything other than 18k gold (what the e-ring is) will scratch the engagement ring. It was not the best choice for that reason, I suppose. I don't care about stones for the band, but in order to fit with the e-ring when it's cooler out (it fits slightly snug now, was loose but not enough to fall off during the winter), it has to be a certain height so as not to get caught underneath. A shape like this, with squared edges, is probably right. It sounds like over time, the e-ring will get worn down anyway, so I'd need to either solder it to the band, or stop wearing it eventually =/. I'm keeping an eye out for other 18k white gold bands with tall edges like that, but it's still going to be a while until we can spare the cash.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Very pretty ring, Tasha. I like. I don't know how it works in Mass, but in Iowa, the certificate is signed at the wedding by the bride, groom, minister, and witnesses (2 each) and from that moment on, your name is changed to whatever you sign on the marriage certificate. The minister takes the certificate to the courthouse for recording and then they send you a new copy for submitting to Social Security, DMV, work, etc. Sounds like the only difference is that you guys didn't sign the certificate at the wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Whoa, you got married? How the hell did I miss that? So confused and totally happy for you That is awesome. I wish you and Hulky the best. Awesomeness!
    How did you NOT know?? She spilled the beans to us WEEKS ago! Maybe you should stop taking vacations and moving and all that jazz so you can keep up? Hmmm? *eyebrowraise*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Very pretty ring, Tasha. I like. I don't know how it works in Mass, but in Iowa, the certificate is signed at the wedding by the bride, groom, minister, and witnesses (2 each) and from that moment on, your name is changed to whatever you sign on the marriage certificate. The minister takes the certificate to the courthouse for recording and then they send you a new copy for submitting to Social Security, DMV, work, etc. Sounds like the only difference is that you guys didn't sign the certificate at the wedding?
    Only the officiant has to sign the license (we signed the notice of intent when we applied for the license), Chip (our officiant) has to turn it into town hall, then we can get our copy of the certificate to use for changing the social security card and RMV stuff (but that one will cost $$ so I will wait). My work, our credit union, and health insurance require me to update my SS card first, the certificate is not enough to initiate the name change.

I have no idea if Hulky has made it to town hall with Chip yet (Chip can't drive, it's complicated), but it really wasn't necessary for them to go today. Chip has 10 days from the wedding to get it to town hall for registering or whatever.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    How did you NOT know?? She spilled the beans to us WEEKS ago! Maybe you should stop taking vacations and moving and all that jazz so you can keep up? Hmmm? *eyebrowraise*
    AWK! The dreaded eyebrow of doom!

fine, fine, fine, no more vacations for a while, though 8 hour days, 3 days off a week, hell, the furlough is like a vacation.