Page 459 of 683 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 6822

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 459

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Happy wedding day!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on getting married, chica! Here's for many years of happiness, health, and love.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the nuptials!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Congrats! I'm sure you're having a wonderful time -- hope it all falls together and you and hulky make wonderful memories today!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Congrats and best wishes for a wonderful and prosperous life together!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Based on the pictures on facebook, you're married now and it went well. I can't wait to hear the story!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator

I got frickin' married.

My friends, I don't know where to begin! There is a lot I want to say that will end up on the blog, but I'm going to think it out here first.

First, the recap:
    Friday night, we had dinner at Hulky's co-worker's place. Homemade empanadas and Coronas. It was a fun time. His co-worker is like a girl version of Hulky, so we get along pretty well (but it's definitely weird!). Saturday, we had gluten-free pancakes and decided to clean out our desktop computers. My computer had overheated recently, so we had to take off the heatsink too and replace the thermal paste. It took forever to get the heatsink back on because the pins were messed up, but we finally got it. This effectively wasted several hours for us, including a bike trip to get more compressed air canisters to the local strip mall (2 miles roundtrip). I also ran out and got markers, a sketch book (as a guest book), and some temporary tattoos for the niece and nephews. After that, we got ready & headed up to my parents house with secret stuff (programs & stickers) in tow.

When we got there, it was just my family, including Baba and my godfather. We putzed around and tried to find things to do. Hulky swam with my brother. Some friends came right on time so we chatted with them for a while. Finally, most people started coming in closer to 3PM. We had plenty of people to talk to and keep busy. My mom had bought us a 1/2 keg of Sam Adam's summer ale, which is now on our kitchen table with an unknown amount left (no idea what to do with it! it's still good for another week or two). I had a few drinks and was feeling nice and chatty. Our last couple of friends arrived after food was being served and people were asking about dessert, so we rounded up our parents and my grandmother and told them the big secret. Our moms teared up immediately. Baba took it in stride and I think my dad went into shock. Hulky's dad had overheard Chip talk about our vows on the phone somewhat recently and figured it out already. We went out, announced it to the crowd, watched the mouths drop, and got our things together! We had asked a friend with a nice camera to bring it so we could take some family photos, and I gave my camera to another friend who does some video stuff to shoot the ceremony.

I have the video on Youtube, unlisted, so PM me if you want the link. I'm not sure I want to make it public, it's not even linked on my Facebook page.

We jumped in the pool after the ceremony, took a ton of pictures poolside, probably forgot to take a bunch, and then cut the cake. It had said "Tasha & [Hulky] are getting married!" so they just crossed out the "getting" . We did some shots at various points (for friends! in memory of my grandfather!) and eventually moved our friends down to the apartment, after most people were leaving, after lots of swimming. We kicked them out pretty early because we were exhausted.

Yesterday, we were sitll really wiped. I woke up to find my hard drive had died between cleaning my computer yesterday, turning it on once, and then turning it off for the day. My data is safe, the hard drive was a solid state (super fast, no moving parts) that just had my OS and some programs installed on it. We saw Pacific Rim (giant robots vs. giant monsters = awesome) and went out to dinner at our favorite Mexican place. I have some leftovers w/ broccoli for lunch today.

1373751578-2599884.jpg
    1373811050-2582995.jpg

I am pooped! But very, very happy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Love the pics! Your happiness shows right through in them

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Y'all are married now! Now you're stuck with each other!

Best of luck for your future together. Such a happy story. Glad you shared it with us.

How did your sister react? Just wonder if there's a bit of sibling rivalry/bitterness/jealousy that will come from this since you got married before her.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks, everybody Blog post with gushing incoming.

My sister, to outside observers, probably would have seemed mad. She said she was surprised, that it was "totally us". It's possible she was jealous, but I don't care! :-p She's a big girl, she can handle it (or not, but that's her problem).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).