- you were low carb -> became constipated
- took all manner of pills -> didn't help.
- Reintroduced starch -> got things moving
- Developed a fuck it attitude and began eating gluten every now and again.
- Now have (what sounds like) indigestion quite a lot.
Is that close?
My gut instinct (harhar ) is that you'd probably notice an improvement just giving up gluten. If you give up too many things at once it's going to be too hard to maintain, and I'd suspect that gluten is your main culprit. Just try it for two weeks and see how you feel. I honestly notice such an different if I start having gluten in my diet: chest feels tight, knee pain comes back...
If that doesn't help, try reducing starch, but I wouldn't bother doing that yet. And I definitely would not go low carb.
Also, please don't do that burpee challenge if you've got pains in your knees!!! Unless you've got perfect positioning, burpees are murder on your knee joints.
And, to finish my stint as the bearer of bad news: peppermint tea isn't good if you've got low progesterone! It's my favourite kind of herbal tea, but when I got diagnosed I had to give all mine away and start drinking raspberry!