Page 456 of 748 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 7479

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 456

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Last year, within a month of seasons changing, I was ready for the next one. I spent summer perpetually yearning for fall, fall wishing for winter. The winter was long and spring felt short, so I felt like I evened out. I was ready for summer weather right when it arrived. Recently, I've had two (random) intense moments that have left me wishing for Autumn. Fall has always been a very nostalgic time for me. It is definitely something I would miss about living in the northeastern US.

The other morning, the cool humidity made me think of being at the beach with my family for a week every summer. I expected to smell salt in the air at any moment. I wish I could go up with them this year, but it's always for a week starting on a Saturday. I don't think I could spare that gas money and I want to make sure I spend my weekends with Hulky before he's gone for 3 weeks. He doesn't have any desire to go up for a day and a half, but I might ask again and tell him I'll do the driving. It's almost worth it just for lunch at Percy's, the family-run diner/convenience store at the beach.

Lovely fog III by ~cloudysoul on deviantART
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey NW, you probably know my stance on low carb, so I'm not going to go there BUT, I will say that there's a big difference between starches and fructose. Like you, I have a lot of gut issues, and I realised in the last month that starches are not my friend. I eat tons of fruit now - no starches - and I feel amazing! Like, better that I ever have. And BMs are fantastic Low carb is a fast track to constipation for me.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

That definitely happened to me last year, but I'm having different symptoms now, very indicative of bacterial problems. I would seek my doc's help, but I'd need the money for another SIBO breath test and that just ain't happening. I think starches are not my friend anymore (though they DID help for a while, I think the probiotic supplement was overkill). Perhaps I'll keep the fruit and ditch the taters :'(.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'll go be quiet in my corner in a minute, I just wanted to gush again. Hulky got 3 emails from people after seeing my ad. Even if he doesn't earn enough to quit this job early (it is seriously soul-sucking) before he goes off to Maine for class, it will help a lot. Any amount will help. It looks like there's one larger job, one small job, and a job that could either be 30 minutes or a whole day, depending on severity. I'm not sure how he'll sort out rates and it's possible he'll get paid less than he could, but even if this just covers gas & our contributiones of groceries for the lakehouse, that would be amazing (it will cover more than that)!
    my grandparent occasionally hires some local guys to do big yard and tree work, she pays 7$ an hour if that helps
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

We figured $10-15 depending on the job, for the area we're in. He got some money today for demolishing a mostly rotten shed. He might get a little more for going back to help dispose of the remains (the guy has to ask his neighbors if they can use the dumpster in the neighbor's driveway). Every little bit helps! This pays for gas for our trip to NY in a couple weeks .

2 days

Supplements
    -I need to order more peppermint oil capsules & I'm running low on Vitex. I'm thinking of trying a progesterone cream, but a lot of them are soy-based. Maybe I should just switch to a liquid vitex extract instead. My PMS symptoms have been fine. I'm just trying to see if there's anything else worth getting from Vitacost while I have this 10% off coupon. I'm checking Amazon too in case I get a better deal w/ free shipping there.
    -I ordered a tooth brushing oil blend from OraWellness. I probably should not have, but I wanted to try something new for my teeth (but may just try baking soda & oil pulling in the future). I should go in for a cleaning soon, it's been about a year (I'm bad about scheduling those 6-month appointments). I've been oil pulling sporadically lately and my teeth feel smoother.

Sleep
    -Another night of rough sleep. I'm sure the excitement over this weekend isn't helping. I woke up around 4 AM and slept restlessly after that. I don't think the Theanine Serene is going to be here until next week.

Gut
    -It's so hard figuring out what's the right amount of things. I went with another 1000 mg of mag citrate yesterday. I had a "catch-up" BM shortly after waking and a small one later in the day.
    -Some bloating by the end of the day, but not bad. I woke up with some mild bloat, but it was expected from dessert.
    -I've found that taking the peppermint oil capsules 30-40 minutes before eating is best. I start to get peppermint burps if I wait too long. Not that unpleasant, but it makes me worry about acid creeping up my throat.

Food (yest.)
    -Peppermint tea w/ gelatin
    -Steak strips & broccoli, Larabar, 2 brazil nuts
    -broccoli, pork chop, roasted red 'taters
    -Klondike bar (We did some late-night shopping and they sounded appealing. SO worth it. I got the ones with the dark chocolate shell.)

Exercise
    -I cycled in to work today. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain on my ride home. It was VERY humid this morning, which made for a very uncomfortable ride. Plus, my cycling shorts are dirty (the washing machine gets fixed today, yay!) so I'm wearing Hulky's soccer shorts and the lack of padding is not fun.
    -My joints have been hurting a lot recently. It's not just my knees, so I know I'm not over-working my joints. I'm not taking any eleuthero root today to see if that makes a difference. So far, so good, but it's early. I'll be sad if I can't take it because it was really nice for the energy boost. The same thing happened to me with Maca root.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

Hulky wisely suggested that I do something to keep physically busy Saturday morning, otherwise the time is going to pass very slowly and I'm going to be anxious and over-excited. He's hoping to do a job in the morning. Perhaps I'll go for a long bike ride. I finally tried on my dress with one of my bikini tops. It looks fine.
    You could help him with the job... might help it to go faster so you can both get pampered for the wedding after.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I don't really have a lot of experience doing yard work and I think he'd have a hard time directing me around. I'm fine mucking around in my parents' yard, but I don't want to pretend like I know what I'm doing for a stranger. He hasn't heard back from the other people who asked for help, so they are either being slow or don't want him. He may not have anything to do after all.

We still need to make cookies though, so he could do that.

Wedding pr0n for you guys! My co-worker made us a fight poster! He recently faced off against a 5 lb gummy bear (was trying to eat it in under 2 hrs) & lost, but made a fight poster like this one for the event.

I edited out Chip's real name (future bro-in-law/officiant), my godfather's name (our reader), and Hulky's name (because even though you can probably easily find it elsewhere online through my blog and such, I feel like I should maintain some level of privacy for him). The photos were scavenged from Facebook. Mine is from Liz's wedding last October. Hulky's is two years ago, when I gave him ninja-monkey footed PJs for Christmas.

Yeah, I said to my co-worker, "I don't know if [Hulky] will be embarrassed in a bad way or think it's hilarious to use our nicknames for each other," but I told him what they are and he said, "You have to do it." I think Hulky will laugh. I told him the fight poster was being made, but haven't sent it to him yet. I think I want to show it to him in person or save it for Saturday.