Page 455 of 793 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 7928

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 455

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'll go be quiet in my corner in a minute, I just wanted to gush again. Hulky got 3 emails from people after seeing my ad. Even if he doesn't earn enough to quit this job early (it is seriously soul-sucking) before he goes off to Maine for class, it will help a lot. Any amount will help. It looks like there's one larger job, one small job, and a job that could either be 30 minutes or a whole day, depending on severity. I'm not sure how he'll sort out rates and it's possible he'll get paid less than he could, but even if this just covers gas & our contributiones of groceries for the lakehouse, that would be amazing (it will cover more than that)!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Hell, I'd pay Hulky to come clear out my basement. He'll make good money doing that - maybe he could ask for estimates/pricing from local competition (in a stealthy way of course) to get an idea for a fair rate of pay?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Good for Hulky for stepping up and being willing to take on extra work to help with the finances! What a good thing for him to do since his illnesses took him away from his job for a bit.

4 days.............. tick tock tick tock.......... time to start counting down the hours! Does anyone besides you, hulky and the officiator know that this is going to be more than an engagement party?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Well, aside from you guys... One friend knows because Hulky accidentally told him while drunk and my godfather knows because we wanted him to be prepared with the reading. This is what I chose:

To love very much is to love inadequately: We love — That is all. Love cannot be modified without being nullified. Love is a short word but it contains everything. Love means the body, the soul, the life, the entire being. We feel love as we feel the warmth of our blood, we breathe love as we breathe the air, we hold it in ourselves as we hold our thoughts. Nothing more exists for us. Love is not a word. It is a wordless state indicated by four letters.
    - Guy De Maupassant
    I can't find the source, only the author.

It's been an exhausting couple of weeks. I am exhausted from not sleeping well and grumpy from the same. I think Hulky and I will order a pizza tonight. Flat belly be damned.

I suspect I am feeding my gut bacteria and that it is full of bad bacteria. I honestly don't think I can have a fulfilling meal without starch. Meat & veg is not enough. I have to eat a LOT of meat to fill the gap because that would be an absurd amount of veg fiber otherwise. Man, what did I used to eat? Was I always hungry? I forget how to low-carb.

Low carb is pretty easy. Eliminate fruit first off. Or eat only berries I guess they are pretty low on the carb scale. Lots of veggies are very low. Like a small zucchini is very low carb. Try googling low carb veggies and see what comes up. I'm sure you can find something on the list that is to your liking.

Sorry you aren't sleeping well - that makes everything else harder for sure!

the reading is beautiful Is someone going to video - and if so are you going to share with your cyber buddies on MDA?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I do want to film it, but it'll be tricky because of how the backyard is shaped. Not sure you'd be able to hear anything.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Low carb is fairly simple, but you're right, it takes a fair amount of meat/ veg to get there, unless whatyou're eating is downright greasy. When I'm eating "native" to what my body usually wants, a full day's intake is roughly 1/2- 3/4 lb meat, a tablespoon or less of whatever oil/ grease we use that day (usually butter, olive oil, or pan grease), and probably 3-5 cups of veggies, with maybe an aside of a couple handfuls of the berry/ cherry of the week or a piece of a larger fruit. Mind you, that comes in a myriad of forms, but that's what it boils down to. On a fat heavy day, I end up eating less meat and more cream or butter. On a veggie heavy day, the meat can dial all the way back to a single chicken breast with probably easily 6-8 cups of veggies going down my gullet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My low carb looks like this:

breakfast: 4 eggs cooked in butter or olive oil
    Afternoon snack: pork rinds or jerky
    dinner: a large beef patty or some other meat or fish cooked in its own fat or a little butter or olive oil.

No veggies, no fruit. Pretty basic and very simple. Unfortunately also pretty boring. Not sustainable for the long haul but okay for a couple weeks - then I need to add some variety.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks ladies. I think I'll only need to dial this back temporarily, but it's going to be tough with how active I've been. I will probably go through some carb flu =\. The trickiest thing is that I'm going to need to figure out breakfast because I've actually been hungry in the mornings lately. A protein shake probably isn't the best idea, but it has to be portable because I can't eat before cycling to work. Hard-boiled eggs got really boring. I could make some soups and bring them in a thermos.

I think I'll get some cherries at the grocery store soon . I let my sweet potatoes rot accidentally but I guess that's okay since I need to cut back on starches... I'm still going to have at least one piece of fruit a day though.

Ugh, today was a bad day to cycle. I trusted that 40% chance of rain meant it probably wouldn't, since that's been the case lately, but I was wrong. It wasn't too bad on the way in, but the wetness certainly accumulates as you ride. I'm glad I have my Fast Flats at work to change into. I hope my clothes are dry by the time I go home (they're hanging up in the coat area) and that it's not raining then! Hulky checked out two jobs last night and might start on one today if the rain eases up. He's waiting to get clarification from one or two people, and waiting to see if one of the jobs he checked out last night wants to hire him or not. There's no way he could do the work they wanted before Saturday, so he said he could probably finish by Sunday morning and they're supposed to get back to him.

I'm not sure how often I can reasonably spam the town email list about his services, but I'll probably send another next week assuming these jobs go well and if no one else emails him. 4 emails in one day (on the day of posting) is pretty good, IMO .

Hulky wisely suggested that I do something to keep physically busy Saturday morning, otherwise the time is going to pass very slowly and I'm going to be anxious and over-excited. He's hoping to do a job in the morning. Perhaps I'll go for a long bike ride. I finally tried on my dress with one of my bikini tops. It looks fine.

We both slept better last night. Hulky was excited, but I think that ended up helping him sleep. I woke up early, but I could tell it was more like 6 AM instead of 5 AM, so that's fine. I feel energized today!

Both sites of itching are fine today. I was able to put my earrings back in this morning, using saline solution from my neti pot to clean everything & lubricate the earrings.

I had to take 1000 mg of mag citrate yesterday and got things moving this morning. I'll take 400 mg with meals today and see how that goes. I need to get more Vitex soon. I think I might get it in a liquid extract.

Tonight: must shampoo hair & dye it again! I hope it's not too humid so my hair doesn't take too long to dry.