Page 453 of 784 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 7833

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 453

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hope the puddin' was good!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I think next time I will make it with melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder. It came out kind of "milk chocolate" and I would like it to be darker. Hulky said it was "different but good". I'm unsure if I want to bring it over for our BBQ at the future in-law's today...feel very self-conscious about things I make for other people and this isn't "perfect".

I had a small bowl of it for breakfast
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Eh, if Hulky approved, then I think it's fine to feed to the masses
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

You are very right, but I wussed out anyway. I had some episodes of anxiety yesterday when we were out and about (was able to manage them by having Hulky tell me to calm down or recognizing it & kind of mentally putting it aside), but overall felt great and had a wonderful day. I ate lots of hot dogs and some potato chips, had a few beers (watermelon flavored one in a can? it was barely anymore flavorful than Budlight), and then Chip, Hulky, and I went swimming at my parents' house in the early evening. The chlorine stripped a bit of pink from my hair, so I'll probably refresh the color sometime next week so it's super pink for the party. It's kind of more faded watermelon shade (if they were more pink than red) now. I read that a diluted vinegar rinse can help seal in the color, so I will try that next time. Maybe it will help get more dye off my scalp, since I always have trouble with that. If I had a pull-down shower head and assistance, we could probably scrub it all off in one go.

I got some sun yesterday, but didn't burn because I was sufficient with sunscreen application. Also, I'm just awesome. I think the higher blood levels of Vitamin D helps.

I started taking Eleuthero root extract randomly (in capsule form). It seems to be giving me more energy, which has been great this week since I haven't been sleeping normally/well. Anybody know of any online resources or articles about adaptogens (or how to best utilize them)? I guess the idea is that they kind of "cure what ails you", that they're supposed to help any kind of imbalance (thyroid or hormonal). That sounds like a lot of hooey to me, but I can't deny that I feel pretty damn good when I would not expect to.

I'm taking 200 mg of mag citrate at meals now, with another 200 at night, to see how that works. I think 400 mg at meals was too much. I woke up hungry this morning so that's a really good sign for my digestion. Not so bloated to affect my appetite!

I realized the other day, when I randomly sold a book on Amazon that's been listed for a couple of years, that I could sell some books for a little extra money... but there's no way I'm doing that. 1. They're my books, get away. 2. They're not new enough so I really wouldn't get much & it might take a while for them to sell. 3. NO MY PRECIOUS BOOKS. But Hulky has some textbooks that might go for a little more, even though they're not the most recent editions, so we'll get those listed. I need to follow-up with my friend about selling my laptop & ask my mom about it.

Tonight: Grocery shopping (gelatin at last, hot dogs, melon, hot dog bugs, gallon of water...I don't know what else), hopefully sleeping well!
    Tomorrow: Heading out early to stake a spot at a state park with friends for a birthday celebration. I don't know what other kinds of foods I want to bring for us. Hulky might want to bring some covert booze, but I just want to relax in the sun & swim. Must remember to bring towels & sunscreen.
    Sunday: Laundry and cleaning up my parents' backyard. Maybe also cleaning my bike chain again because I don't think I did a good job with that last weekend.
    All the while: Reminding both my mom and Hulky's mom to talk to each other b/c I didn't want to plan this party and I thought that was the whole point of my mom OFFERING TO THROW IT.

Mark's post from yesterday was excellent. Why You Should Let Yourself Succeed and Go Get the Life You Want | Mark's Daily Apple

I realized yesterday that the reason why I probably don't have the attention span/ability to get absorbed into a book this year is because I'm reading a lot at work. I started 3 books at the start of the year and couldn't finish any of them. I read all day at the office, trying to keep busy, and I have no desire to unwind with more reading, even if it's glorious fiction. Comics are actually very appealing to me right now, however, so I'm starting to take more photos here and there to get back to the visual side of my thought process. I might start using my Flickr account more, but I'll probably put some stuff on my blog too.

I feel strong today. Hulky is coming down with something (again) so he didn't go to the state park with our friends, but I did. I swam in the lake and did some laps. My upper body was tired, but none of me is sore. I'm kind of fatigued, but I feel like I could keep moving. This is such a great feeling. I was there from 10:30 AM till close to 5 PM! We had lots of bbq meat, cantaloupe (that I brought), and hidden beer. I only had one small cup. I drank tons of water and am still drinking more because I've been fighting headaches for the past two days. I've got lots of water retention going on and am giggling at my jiggly stomach.

I got some sun today! I've got a tan line from my bikini bottoms and a light burn on my face & shoulders (no matter what I do, I ALWAYS get burnt on my shoulders). I need to get some beach cover-up clothing with UPF ratings to wear around pools and such.

I'm ordering out for us tonight. Not sure what yet.

7 days .

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Where did the time go? It was six weeks not that long ago!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I am guilty of staring at Hulky with a goofy smile on my face lately.

Today, he whispered to me over the busy dinner table (out to eat for my mom's b.day, I got some delicious roasted free range chicken dish w/ an amazing potato & sausage stuffing) something about my family taking care of "my wife" while he's at his class in Maine for August .

It was a good day. I cleaned up my bike gears & chain again (did a sloppy job of it last weekend), reminded my dad to do the same for my sister's old bike for my mom. I put away the winter pool cover & swept a bit in the backyard. We'll go back later in the week to dig the UFO grill out of the wild garden & see what kind of shape it's in. No one has used it in years. We just wanted to use it for ribs, so if it's busted, we might just make them in the oven.

My parents' washing machine is busted. The spin cycle won't go so I only got a small load of laundry done. Hulky has some boxers (really need to get him some more so we don't run into this issue) and I will make do with some of Hulky's soccer shorts for cycling. The forecast is looking questionable, so I'm not sure I'll be able to cycle tomorrow & Tuesday anyway.

We car-pooled today; the forecast calls for rain. Hulky is feeling better, but I don't think either of us slept well. Either one of us was sleeping poorly and woke the other up or we both slept poorly for some reason. We let some meat go bad in the fridge yet again (keep not freezing it in time), so I will have to go out for groceries after work. I will either slough through traffic on my way home or walk over to the new grocery store to grab a few things. I think I want to roast some broccoli. Everyone keeps saying we're crazy for using the oven while it's hot out, but it honestly never occurred to me not to.

I've been at 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine and 100 mg of 5-HTP for several days now. My schedule has been very unusual so I really can't say how the lowered 5-HTP dose might be affecting my sleep. If that's the only thing keeping me from sleeping well, but my mood is good, I'd rather find another way of dealing with it. I don't know if it's from the mag citrate or the eleuthero root, but my energy during the day has been great lately.

I discovered that a packet of gelatin mixed into a lazy hot cocoa (not measurements, just pouring & stirring) hides very well, but in tea, more sugar is required. The Knox gelatin is a little stinky and has an odd flavor. It smells the way I imagine powdered bones would smell =P. I think I will order the nice stuff from Amazon soon, which I've read has no scent. I think I want to make some lemonade jello from scratch. I'd have to eat a lot of it to get in as much gelatin as I want to consume per day, but it just seems like a fun thing to try making.

My digestion has been iffy, but so has my food. This weekend, I had popcorn at the movie, gluten-free General Gau's chicken (I wanted to try it, definitely uses a rice-based "breading", a bit chewy but satisfied my curiousity), beer at dinner last night, and I'm sure there was some flour in the stuffing. Sometimes, it seems like the magnesium works too well, other times it seems like it doesn't work at all. It should be easy to stay on track this week so I can start up with just 200 mg at each meal (400 for the day) and add another dose before bed if needed.

Engagement party planning is going well. My mom has sorted out the menu stuff. We are figuring out how to make our big announcement. We never practiced the ceremony w/ Chip, but I guess we could run through it Friday night after hanging with my aunt & her husband.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For anyone into Diablo, there's a free game called Path of Exile. It's honestly what I wanted Diablo III to be. D3 just didn't deliver. There were so many issues early on and I was disappointed by the storyline. The gameplay wasn't improved much either. Path of Exile has a very confusing passive skill tree, but you can customize pretty much however you want w/ the available classes. It's a lot of fun.