Page 451 of 777 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 7761

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 451

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Love the bottoms in the second picture. Cute, cute, cute!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I was curious about that mini-skirt style for bathing suit bottoms. I like the idea of extra coverage in case things shift, but I'm good with the regular old skimpy style. I felt like it detracted from my thighs =P. I need to try on one of my tops to see how it works with my engagement party dress. If I can't figure something out, I'll go back for the strapless top after I get paid next week.

I'm burning some beeswax candles (timing them for Hulky's mom, she wants to sell them on Etsy) and going through my clothes today. I have a lot of black t-shirts. Some of my pants don't fit. I'm holding onto them in case I don't cycle much this winter and my thighs shrink (or my bf% goes down and my thighs shrink, but even then, I don't think it'd be enough). I'm unhappy with a lot of things in my closet, but I'll just have to make them work. I ironed some of Hulky's and my shirts. Sometimes, that can be a nice calming activity.

Last night was another fun night, but I'm wiped after two nights of drinking and staying out late AND being active! I am re-hydrating today (with a splash of ACV mmmm) and going grocery shopping later. I hope I can get some energy back. At least the symptoms of dehydration are gone (sore eyes, lightheaded when standing).

I started taking peppermint oil, eleuthero extract, and magnesium citrate yesterday. The peppermint oil is 30-60 min before eating, definitely helps make my stomach feel calmer. I forgot to take the mag citrate with food and paid for it, but I think I needed that (more bathroom trips than I thought possible). I'm starting with 600 mg spread throughout the day. I'm not taking colostrum powder, Threelac, or Inositol for now. I may add the Inositol back in if I feel like I need it, but since I think bacterial overgrowth is part of the issue right now, I probably won't.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Guess who has two thumbs (but only one visible in the photo) and only got 2 hrs of sleep last night (maybe).

This gal!

I did it wrong.

Zzzzz

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm just going to say that you look adorable in those bikini pics. Absolute adorable.
    Georgette

Thanks Geo

I stayed home from work today. Feeling very blah. I bleached my hair, it came out patchy (damn hard getting all the spots on your own), so I'm pink-ing it immediately. The light spots came out to a pale yellow, so the color should be nice and vibrant. I'll probably buzz it off later in the summer. I'll start roasting some red potatoes soon and rinse the pink out after they get in the oven.

Our stovetop randomly stopped working Friday night. One of the burners clicked, and then nothing. None of the others would click. I made some eggs after lighting a burner with a match. We checked again in the morning, still nothing. We unplugged it, plugged it back in. The oven wasn't turning on either, but the clock was working so it's not like it didn't have power. The repairman shows up Saturday afternoon and it works. He replaced the heating thingy in the oven that ignites the gas, so it turns on within 30 seconds now instead of several minutes (this was definitely faulty). That was replaced when we moved in 2 yrs ago and they're supposed to last at least 7 yrs. He had no idea why the stovetop didn't work and it seemed like he didn't believe us. That was frustrating.

Anyway, that was random, but that's where my head is at. I guess I'm just recovering from a debaucherous weekend and AWFUL sleep. I don't even feel tired today .

The color is settling in now that it's dry and it's SOOOO much brighter than this.

Clickety click click

Aprons make great hot weather garments. And coconut oil is excellent styling product now that my hair is short.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Love your hair. So cute!
    Georgette

I think this haircut with this haircolor is my FAVORITE way to have pink now. I is adorable pink pixie.

Hooooly balls. Not sleeping (2 hrs barely counts) two nights ago was rough. I don't understand why BOTH of us couldn't sleep/felt exactly the same. I wasn't tired AT ALL yesterday. I just felt... kinda dead. My mood was decent though! It was nice to be home & have plenty of time to cook dinner. Hulky and I weren't tired until late last night. He had a post-coital craving for tacos, so we went out for a taco expedition. Everything was closed (the internet lied to us) so we swung by Burger King & got stuff. I just ate some fries. I don't care of they're made of evil, the texture and warmth was perfect. I got sleepy as soon as we got in the car and we both slept really well after our midnight snack. Of course, it wasn't enough sleep, so now we're both dragging, but hey, at least we slept.

We both did some push-ups and stuff last night when failing at falling asleep at the usual time. I can only do 4 kneeling push-ups in a set right now, definitely need to work on those again. I'm not very close to my goal of being after to lift (in a practical sense) 30-50 lbs. I found the PERFECT place to practice squats in the apartment: I can line my knees up with an inlaid portion of a closet door and it helps me keep my right knee from tracking inward. I can really feel the outer side of my knee getting worked when I hold it there, I just have to make sure I don't go so low that my right foot won't lay flat. It's going to take some time. I think this is going to help with some of my alignment issues. My hamstrings have been INCREDIBLY tight lately and I am doing my best to stretch the shit out of them. Sigh. I would love to go see our chiropractor soon. Maybe before the summer is over!

I forgot to write about this before: on Saturday, running off of gluten-free pancake fuel & cycling around town, I had a low blood sugar episode by late afternoon. It wasn't until I had some protein (chicken) that the feelings alleviated. On Sunday, I was running off of gluten-free pancakes again, but not active for most of the day. I ended up feeling exhausted & sick by dinnertime. I perked up a bit after eating (but then didn't sleep). Moral of the story: starting the day off with carbs requires a mid-day meal for me!

I'm back on L-Tyrosine since my Vitacost order came in. I take 1000 mg with my morning supplements and 500 mg around lunchtime. I might try changing my 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine dose soon, but I want to make sure I'm sleeping normally first.

We need groceries tonight. I'm out of apples and want more fruit! There's a new Stop & Shop open close to our apartment, so we don't have to go across town for groceries anymore. I hope they still have that ground beef on sale.

(Sex) TMI: My libido has been through the roof lately. It's pretty awesome, but I'm not used to it at all. I am not sure how long I've been taking the Vitex this time, but that's probably the cause (I want to keep taking it consistently for a few more months & then re-test progesterone levels). I've NEVER had a sex drive like this before and, as weird as this may sound, it intimidates me. We are definitely enjoying it though! I may need to invest in some toys soon. I am on PMS watch now.

Gut: The peppermint capsules that I take 30-60 minutes before eating sometimes give me...minty heartburn? It doesn't actually hurt, but it's weird to feel mint in my throat. Maybe I am just waiting too long before eating. Peppermint is a digestive bitter, so I think it raises stomach acid levels. It's very calming, but I'm not sure if I need this. I'll keep taking it for the time being.

(TMI) The magnesium is still keeping things moving. Taking it with meals minimizes digestive upset. I am considering adding magnesium glycinate at bedtime, at the recommendation of user Ron_Swanson.

Hulky has decided (we've talked about this before, but he's very definitive about it now) that he wants to train to pass the physical fitness tests for a federal agency. He wants to serve his country again. I am excited for him. At the recommendation of a relative, he has figured out a plan for getting in the system and increasing his chances of getting trained/picked/hired/whatever. He'll probably start looking into it by this fall, so he can hopefully get employed straight out of school next year. If he gets hired, wherever he gets assigned will be where we live. I find that exciting. He moved around a bit as a kid so he doesn't living in one place for a while. Plus he just doesn't like the Northeast. I've never moved, but I love travelling and would love to live in a new place. He said we can put in a hardship request to not move to Alaska ("because my spouse has SAD"), which I appreciate!

Hulky does sets of 20 push-ups at a time and can do 100 push-ups in a day. I don't think it'll be too difficult for him to get up to 50 at a time, which I think is part of the requirements. Pull-ups will be harder, but he's already good with the sit-ups and sprinting requirements. He's going to ask his dad to help with training because his dad will be willing to push him and be a jerk, which I guess Hulky finds helpful when working out.

It got me thinking about my hopes for fitness. I want to be able to lift (and walk around with) 30-50 lbs. This comes from a lot of job descriptions requiring the ability to lift that much (yes, in IT). I don't think the lower end would be too difficult to hit fairly quickly. I think I should get a heavier kettlebell at some point, but I'll focus on bodyweight exercises and cycling first.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Good for Hulky --- that's a excellent goal and long term investment for the future

You're fitness goals are also commendable. I'm sure with regular training you will both be seeing great results!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.