Page 447 of 738 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 7379

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 447

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, I just had a look at the ingredients in a typical prog cream and I don't know if there's much overlap with Vitex... I'll look into it more. I've read great things about the creams though!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Canio, you raise a good point... I don't say anything to Brad about what he eats anymore, but on the same token, I also don't provide anything I don't want him to eat. We haven't had chips in our house in so long I can't remember when we last had them. I stopped buying fruit snacks for the kids b/c I didn't want them eating them. I can't control what they eat at other peoples' houses so they get plenty of fruit snacks at MIL's house. At home, as long as I'm cooking, they get wholesome, healthy, mostly primal meals. That's all I can control - easily and without a great deal of stress.

I see Nameless doing this same thing and she's just thinking out loud about what she's needing to pick up at the store, but doesn't know what to pick up b/c he hasn't said what he wants. That's how I read it. I didn't read it as her being upset with him for choosing poor snack foods, just that she didn't know what to get him so she's not getting him anything right now.

I understand your sentiment about nagging too... when we nag, they buck us and do exactly as we DON'T want them to do - just like children. I don't nag Brad anymore. It does me no good. He's a big boy and can make his own decision. However, like I said, I don't buy junk food anymore, so if he's going to eat it, he has to go buy it himself. He's coming around though and keeps elluding that he wants to lose weight and try a whole30 since he's seen it work so well for me and his sister.

Hulky just isn't at a place where he thinks there's a problem with what he eats, I think, and there's nothing wrong with that... of course, down the road there MIGHT be an issue, but most people are reactive instead of proactive.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I totally get both of your points about the snacks, and if all it is about is indecisiveness then Hulky will get over it or make a decision. I also do not mean to imply that Nameless would nag or have anything but Hulky's best interests in mind. I'm just chiming in with the dude's perspective, which is often skewed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    [edit] nevermind, things are fine.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 06-25-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Today's a local election day in MA. Hulky and I are going to vote after work.

We car-pooled today. I think Hulky has a hard time saying no when we get to spend our mornings chatting together (and he makes me drive). There's a threat of thunderstorms for the rest of the week, which gets worse as the week goes on. I hope the chance gets a little more firm above or below 50% so I know if I can bike or not.

I managed to get up a little earlier today in order to cook us up some drumsticks for lunch. I used to try to get up early to cook and just couldn't manage it. I was too tired in the morning. I'm tired today, from the exercise last night & getting to bed a little late, but I still got up & cooked. w00t.

I felt more anxious yesterday afternoon than usual. Factors: forgot to take Threelac, no L-Tyrosine, no BM. I just ordered more L-Tyrosine and some other things on Vitacost. I had two meals in the past two days that were likely cooked in PUFA oils of some kind. The first meal was Sunday night, when we ordered out, and I had stomach pains immediately after eating. I had the rest of it for lunch yesterday. This just reinforces that my constipation issues are largely based on inflammation (I also got a few small sores inside my lower lip & some acne). I didn't have much gas yesterday until after I took Threelac in the evening. Seems like I may have some new gut bacteria issues. We'll see if the peppermint oil I ordered helps with that. [[shrug]]

Last night, Hulky and I went over to a local playground and did pull-ups and chin-ups. Well, he did full ones, I did negatives (jump up and try to lower myself down). I couldn't control the entire descent, but it's more than I've ever been able to do before! We also jogged to and from the playground. I tried swinging on the monkey bars, but I couldn't move more than one bar. My back, calves, quads, glutes, and armpits (more towards pecs) are sore today. It feels good! He wants to go practice every night. I'm not sure how likely that is, but it'll be good for both of us to do it even occasionally. He wants to be able to do 15 pull-ups and 20 chin-ups by the engagement party. I think he was at 3 and 5, or maybe the other way around, last night.

My crooked hip/leg was very pronounced while jogging . I need to stretch more and do more squats!

Stress: Hulky and I messed up. He reported something to insurance that he should not have, so now we have to get the car repaired, which means finding the money for the deductible (otherwise we would be responsible for the full cost of the repair, paid to insurance). I don't know how much time we have to do that, but this is awful timing when we're worrying about September's rent. First step is getting an appraisal at a certified repair place, since the car has already been examined by insurance. We'll work something out.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    As far as Hulky wanting crunchy, salty snacks, I have found that pork rinds satisfy my need for both of those things.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

^I'll have to keep an eye out for some.

Random thoughts:
    -An apron makes excellent hot-weather clothing when you want to cover up the important bits in a kitchen without curtains. Of course, anyone on the 2nd floor next door might get a glimpse if I turn around when on the far side of the kitchen, but I wear panties too. Not to mention, it's a bit sexy. Hulky approves.
    -If I can get some new pants and maybe shirts at a thrift store, I'd still have a fair amount of birthday money left over. I think I will get D-Phenylalanine finally to see how that helps focus/energy/anxiety (primarily the latter). DL-Phenylalanine (aka. DLPA) gave me insomnia and the D- form is recommended in The Mood Cure if that occurs. I'm going to wait until after my Vitacost order arrives so I can see if the Eleuthero does anything. I'm also considering moving my first dose of 5-HTP up earlier in the day, or splitting it into 3 doses (mid-afternoon, evening, bedtime) to try and get rid of that afternoon anxiety that's been occurring.
    -I think I will get my hair trimmed this weekend! Whoo! Maybe I'll bleach it too... Once I dye it, any small amount of roots that grows over the next two weeks won't be noticeable anyway. So excited!
    -Hulky has a moustache. It's growing on me. I think it looks good, I'm just not used to him with a stache! He looks even more like his dad now. I still need to get a picture of it and I may ask if I can share it here.

I think this song is cute (I'm jealous of her voice). Hulky thinks it's annoying. I haven't seen Pitch Perfect. The song started popping up on the radio somewhat recently. I used to play that cup game at church camp (yeah, I went to an Orthodox church camp from ages 10-13, a funny fact for those who know me now).

Note to self: Gas started one hour after eating.

I hope I don't have to cut starches . I feel great eating potatoes! I think my gut is still inflamed and I had more leftover french fries (not homemade) so I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can really evaluate.

Man, if there's any way we could not pay rent for a month, that would help a LOT of our money woes. The only way that's going to happen is if we move out, shack up in my parents' house for a month (that would be ROUGH), and then find another place to live after.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Man, if there's any way we could not pay rent for a month, that would help a LOT of our money woes. The only way that's going to happen is if we move out, shack up in my parents' house for a month (that would be ROUGH), and then find another place to live after.
    But they always make you pay a deposit up front when you move to a new place right?
    So it's like double the first month...
    You'd have to shack up at the 'rents house for 2-3 months to make it really worth the trouble I think.

At least that's what I remember from renting 20 years ago.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.