Page 445 of 676 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 6760

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 445

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I used some of my birthday money to take us out to dinner tonight. We went to a local BBQ place with Chip. I had some kind of sweet tea lemonade alcoholic beverage. It was nice. Something in the mash potatoes or maybe just the alcohol decided I needed to clean house later, however.

Now I'm sneezing a lot and my nose is gross & I have gotten more nosebleeds. It's a lovely combination, let me tell you. Time for some Nyquil and passing out, I think.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Braless...I love to do this at home, but I have teen sons who notice stuff like that. So now I have a collection of fabulous bras from Victoria's Secret via the husband. I finally had to stop him. "Honey, how many red and black lacy bras do you think one girl needs?"
    I would like a simple white or beige one. Lol

Another nosebleed this morning! I had hoped it would be healed enough, but I forgot that it bled last night too, so I used the neti pot. I have to take a few days off from it, which is unfortunate, because it really helps flush things out so I can breath! I guess I'm going to use Dayquil to keep things dried up for now =\.

Hulky mentioned going grain-free (I don't know if he meant for this morning?) to see if it helps his stomachaches. Maybe it will, but I have no idea, since he woke up with a stomachache this morning. I hope he'll give it a few days try. He'll probably still eat rice in his lunches.

I am still gassy as all hell, but my stomach is flatter today than it has been in a while.

Even if Hulky doesn't have pancakes this morning, I think I will! Time for some grocery shopping.

I'm feeling better today. I had a long nap yesterday afternoon. We checked out the new (one and only) bar in town with Hulky's family. I had their signature drink, which involves molasses, rum, egg white, and pumpkin. I think I would like it better in the fall, but it was pleasant. Sadly, they didn't have much of a dessert menu. It only opened a week or two ago so I'm hoping they'll work with local places to get more dessert options in time.

I realized yesterday that I have been using Hulky's willingness to eat junky foods as an excuse to eat them myself, without really wanting to. I'm going to pay more attention to my real feelings & cravings to make sure it's entirely me that wants something before I acquiesce.

We had lunch with my dad (and the dog) in town today and might swim in the freezing pool later. It's only about 68F, which is pretty chilly for water!

We went swimming yesterday and it was as cold as I expected. Unfortunately, we waited too long so there was a very comfortable breeze when we got in the water, which made it seem much colder. It was fun anyway. Hulky beat me in laps, both freestyle and breast stroke. If we swim more this summer, I should be able to beat him in breast stroke by the end. My dad observed our strokes and said that Hulky has more power, but I get more glide. I am even more buoyant this year than ever before and Hulky still sinks like a rock.

I'm monitoring my sick-feelings very carefully now. It's strange, being able to move around and function normally, but still feeling sick. I've never experienced this before. If I think about feeling sick, I feel less inclined to move or I move more slowly, but if I remind myself to move, I can function at a regular pace. I got geared up to cycle to work this morning, but I was feeling pretty sluggish. Hulky offered a ride, so I accepted. I'm going to have to push myself today because we need more groceries so I'm not going to get to rest after work before picking him up from work. Some of the meat we bought was dated as sell by the 25th, but it was bad by yesterday. Too stinky to hold onto for a refund, plus it was only a few bucks. I think I'm going to check the fridge temp because this is not the first thing that's gone bad recently.

I am also monitoring how sick I feel because I want to make sure this doesn't settle in my chest. The cough feels different today and I feel like I might lose my voice. My throat doesn't hurt, at least, and I can breathe through my nose. I think I'll resume using the neti pot tomorrow. It seems like all of my friends have gotten some variation of this virus recently. I probably picked it up from one of them at the party, unless it just took a long time for me to catch it from Hulky.

I've decided to spend some of my birthday money on some much-needed new clothes. I think I'll take out some cash and go to a thrift store (maybe this weekend). I want to get some dressier pants, something light, so I'm not wearing jeans to work all the time. Some more shirts, maybe ones that I wouldn't mind wearing at work or at home, would be nice too. We'll see what I can find. If the thrift store doesn't have anything appealing, I might try Old Navy (maybe the Gap outlet nearby, but not sure what their prices are like). I rarely find anything I like at TJ Maxx that isn't the designer crap that's 50% off, but still a million dollars. I might get some Xero Shoes too. I have some Teva sandals, but the soles are so thick and I always get blisters on my baby toes when I wear them.

Oh man, there's a chance of thunderstorms all week. Glad I am using wunderground.com and not weather.com, since the latter does not report this!

Need some advice: I got a bill for my eye exam the other day. Yeah, the eye exam I had SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR. The date on the statement indicates they billed insurance (or re-billed) in May, so it took them 8 MONTHS to sort it out. Now, I have a separate vision service, through Vision Service Plan. Apparently, the office didn't have that info so they tried to bill through my regular insurance. It would have been 2 months too late for VSP anyway and it was denied by my regular insurance b/c I don't have vision coverage through BCBS. The bill is not that large, but I don't think I should have to pay it. It seems to me that the optometrist's office dropped the ball on this one. Thoughts? I'm not good at this kind of thing and am afraid of just getting angry w/o having a productive conversation.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'd find out if they had your vision plan information at the time of the appointment. If they DID and they incorrectly billed BCBS, and their error caused all the delay that resulted in the denial --- then they should have to eat the bill. If you provided proper information and they made the mistake you should not be responsible to pay for it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

It sounds like they didn't have the info about my vision service plan, but I do not remember what info I gave them at this point. It was 9 months ago! If they don't have that info in their system, that doesn't necessarily mean I didn't tell them =\. The woman I spoke to didn't understand that Vision Service Plan (no matter how many times I explained it) is the name of the vision service provider that I have. So maybe I did tell them and the person thought I was crazy and ignored it? I have no idea.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Provide them with your information and tell them to resubmit. Not sure why it took 9 months for the bill to get to you. Seems excessive. And I'm not experienced enough with medical bills to determine if you can get out of it or not.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hulky wants snacks for at home. I think snacks in his mind means chips or pretzels. If I'm hungry and don't want a full meal, I eat an apple. Nuts are the only kind of semi non-perishable snack food I can think of that both of us could eat. Dairy is out. Paleo trail mix would be expensive. I'll get him his cereal for work, but if can't tell me what snack foods he wants, I'm not inclined to get anything! Besides, he usually snacks when he should be eating an actual meal (tends to only eat one meal a day on weekends unless we make pancakes). Unfortunately, this is dependent on me right now because of our income situation, so he can't just go out and get whatever he wants.

I bought more gluten-free flour mix last weekend and need to get some ground flaxseed to try making vegan & gluten-free cookies. I'll use the Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chips for now, but the soy/dairy/nut/gluten-free chips for the final batch (for the engagement party). Oh poo, looks like you need to grind them yourself to avoid oxidation. I'll have to see if my parents still have a coffee grinder.