Page 444 of 748 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 7479

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 444

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Its getting so close! HOW EXCITING!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    How to cure lactose intolerance
    I think I want to try this. Up until last year, I could eat dairy just fine. If I start having a few spoonfuls of homemade yogurt with each meal... Who knows? It'll be delicious, anyway. Two quarts of yogurt would last me quite a while that way . I need to make sure I get the bifidobacterium longum strain ingested somehow. I will have to see what Threelac has and maybe switch to the recommended Jarro-Dophilus.

I don't think I really need dairy in my life, but dammit, it would be really nice to be able to eat some yogurt at least.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad the constipation is gone. I hope Fae doesn't escape. Good luck with your next experiment.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

^ ditto

I've been lactose intolerant since the age of 30. I would get severe cramps (like birthing pains) and have diarrhea to the point that only water was being eliminated. Its not fun. Its a very common thing for adults to stop making the enzyme that digests the lactose (lactase). I've always taken Lactaid when I want to have dairy. It would be great to be able to eat dairy without a pill. I will watch with great interest if you decide to take on this experiment! Good luck!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Operation Free-Boobing is going well (yes this whole paragraph is going to be TMI about my boobs). The shape of my breasts has changed a bit over the course of the week w/o a bra. It's interesting to me. I think I might've worn a bra earlier this week, and I wore a tank-top with a "bra shelf" at least once (starting to feel more uncomfortable in those too, might cut the bra out). With tighter fitting tops, I just need to make sure it's tight enough to smooth the nipples. A bump is fine, I can't help that, but I'd like to avoid having too much definition through the fabric. A fitted camisole would probably be enough for a lot of my shirts. In fact, I should get a few "nude" colored ones for my white shirts! Cycling w/o a bra is no longer weird. I think they're getting less sensitive to air flow, which is convenient.

I got a nose bleed this morning and couldn't use the neti pot. I hope I can use it without any issues tomorrow. I woke up with a lot of snot. It was probably from having the window open all night. I took a stinging nettle leaf capsule before bed, but I guess that didn't help. I won't bother refilling the bottle when I'm done with it.

Yesterday at work, I felt all fatigued and irritable. I got out of work and started cycling and immediately felt better. That's very nice, but also inconvenient. I don't think I'm going to change professions anytime soon and my line of work is very stationary and VERY indoors.

I've been back at 150 mg of 5-HTP and 1500 mg of L-Tyrosine for a couple of days now and I feel better. I need to place a Vitacost order soon. I think I want to get Lactoferrin to replace the Colostrum and try a different probiotic soon. Cori says Primal Defense. I saw a recommendation elsewhere for Jarro-dophilus. I'm undecided. I kind of want to up the Threelac dose for a little, but I don't want to waste it.

Current supplements
    -5-HTP
    -L-Tyrosine
    -Inositol
    -Colostrum powder
    -Stinging nettle leaf (for allergies, don't think it helps)
    -digestive enzymes
    -Allegra & Zantac generic (for allergies)
    -Threelac
    -Vitex

Thinking of changing to
    -5-HTP
    -L-Tyrosine
    -new probiotic?
    -Lactoferrin
    -Magnesium citrate
    -Eleuthero (for libido/anxiety?)
    -Peppermint oil (before meals)
    -Allegra & Zantac

I'm not going to run out of the gut stuff for a little while yet. I guess I can start with just re-stocking on 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine and acquire some of the other things as I run out.

I'm not having any rice today. I brought a mashed up sweet potato to eat with my sausages & apple for lunch. I hope I can figure out what's causing all this gas soon. I've been using some anti-gas pills to help get it out more comfortably. I woke up with gas this morning. I didn't eat late so I guess my digestion paused overnight?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could STAND to go without a bra, but mine are modestly large and without a bra, they lay against my rib cage, which creates a sticky space - much like going without deodorant causes a sticky space under the arm.

I have read that not wearing a bra allows the breast tissue to do the work of holding them in place - i.e. strengthens them, much like wearing no shoes is suppose to strengthen the arches of the feet - it allows nature to do its job. Lucky you - a natural breast lift.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Two things. Just venting/thinking, not really looking for feedback or advice.

Hulky is really bad at communicating about health issues. I just found out this morning that his stomach has been hurting for at least a week, on and off. I gave him some digestive enzymes for the hell of it, but then he told me how long it had been going on, so it doesn't even matter if it helps. Could be stress, could be something wrong. I don't know, but I'm going to implement the weekly health check-in with him that I threatened about. He also just told me his other shoulder (the one that didn't tear/get the surgery) is hurting like his post-surgery shoulder does. I don't think it's torn if it's not hurting so badly as the other one did, but it definitely needs to be checked out. He'll probably see the chiropractor first, which I think is a good idea. I'm frustrated that he seems dedicated to the idea that if he's broken, he will always be broken (and only medicine/doctors can treat it). He thinks his body is breaking down. I understand that sorting this stuff out on his own is very contrary to how he's lived his life so far and, if that changes, it will take time. I am mostly taking a hands-off approach, but trying to encourage him to see a doctor when something is wrong, since that is what he wants to do. He is just resistant to seeking help even when he knows he needs it.

Hulky is ready to trade in his car. We've talked about it and I think it's a good idea. We are looking into getting some minor things taken care of to boost the trade-in value. We're looking for some pretty specific features in a new car (could be used, but would rather be at least a 2011 model with less than 15k on it), like a manual transmission and mpg at least as good as the Civic we have now (rated for something like 27/35, but gets more like 30/40 in the summer). This is the first time I've hunted for a car through a dealership, so I don't really know what I'm doing, but it's an interesting process. The thought of getting a new car is exciting to me . I hope our credits combined get us a good rate, his credit score might not be very good because of medical bills going to collectors and that bed payment fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I wish I could STAND to go without a bra, but mine are modestly large and without a bra, they lay against my rib cage, which creates a sticky space - much like going without deodorant causes a sticky space under the arm.

I have read that not wearing a bra allows the breast tissue to do the work of holding them in place - i.e. strengthens them, much like wearing no shoes is suppose to strengthen the arches of the feet - it allows nature to do its job. Lucky you - a natural breast lift.
    When I want to go bra-less, such as when camping or boating........ I just put deodorant under the girls too works GREAT! and if its a really hot day, an extra little bit of talcum powder is all that I need. and yes, at 52, the girls are saggin' so there is lots of skin to skin to cause issues...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I can't tell if I got a light cold. The sinus pressure has been bad all week, my throat has been sore from post nasal drip, I have a light cough from that, and, starting this morning, my nose has been running. Sorry for the grossness, but the mucous is thick. I haven't been sick in so long, I don't remember what it feels like! I have felt a bit more tired this week, but nothing really bad. I mean, I still cycled to and from work 3 days (when it didn't rain). Well, tonight I will take some Vitamin C and Dayquil or Nyquil. Tomorrow, I will use the neti pot again. If I am sick, it's not that bad and I am doing all the right things to get rid of this anyway.

If this is just a new and terrible form of allergies, I would feel really depressed if not for the 5-HTP.

I think thick mucous indicates a viral thing - not allergies - but I could be wrong. I hope its just a quick cold and you'll be on the mend soon
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: