Page 442 of 798 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 442

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We solved the insurance points issue by insuring everything our name as a married couple, but listing Brad as the primary driver on everything. So, our rates stay low, despite the fact that I have gotten 3 speeding tickets in the last 18 months. The reason behind putting my name on there too is so we can get the "married couple" discount that seems to disappear even if you remain married but only list one person on the policy.

So, WE own the cars, but HE is the only one who drives them per the insurance company's records. The agent set this up to save us money and it works. He is in "elite" status (has been since he was 23 b/c of his clean record) but I have been naughty and have had accidents and tickets and all that, so my driving record would knock us out of "elite" status if we listed me as a primary driver on anything.

Something to consider. But we also have a small, private insurer (Grinnell Auto) whereas USAA and Nationwide are national and are probably too quick to allow something like this to work, but it's worth a shot.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PS, my last accident was in 2003 - car vs deer and even though that is a comprehensive collision and not a motor vehicle accident, the DOT still gave me points for it - which is BS. Any accidents since then were caused by someone else (rear-ended in 2010). I just tend to drive too fast if I don't set the cruise - like 65 in a 55 is where my foot rests comfortably on the pedal.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I didn't think about the marriage thing. Not sure how/if our rates will change with that (I will have him check & I will find out from Liberty Mutual next month). He is listed as the primary driver with USAA since I was added to the plan after that accident. I want to be listed for the insurance on that car since I use it plenty. At last it's not going up, it's just not going down like it should now that he's 25 because of my license points. He had to be listed as the primary driver for the Mustang too since the title was transferred under his name (because it was a gift & had to be in-family because of some issues with the last names not being the same), but I don't think that affected the rates at all.

Blegh, my throat is raw. I wanted to go out, but with the rain and my allergies (and being tired), I'm not sure anymore. I feel a little gloomy. I think I will change the 5-HTP dose tonight and start supplementing Vitamin D again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

it doesn't HAVE to be you listed as the primary driver even if you are the primary driver. Brad rarely, if ever, drives my car, but he's listed as the primary driver simply b/c it's cheaper. Insurance pays out just the same regardless of who the driver is. Insurance follows the car, not the person, so do it however is cheapest. And remind him that you guys are trying to get into a better place financially and if his insurance isn't allowing as great a premium as yours, then he needs to suck it up and move away. Pride in remaining loyal to a company that will no longer benefit you more than another company does not pay the bills.

I know it can vary from state to state. I would think it will be okay if I am insured through the Mustang, no matter what car I am driving. Some companies require that all licensed drivers in the home are on the policy. Liberty Mutual's rate didn't change when I added Hulky to the policy. He's going to ask USAA if marriage will change anything, if it's okay to remove me, and if the rate will change if I am removed from that policy.

My dad gave me a check for my birthday. I think Hulky and I will have a nice dinner out sometime soon with it.

Hulky's b.day present to me was going to be this sweatshirt The Bethesda Store - Vault 101 Hoodie - Fallout - Brands but they sold out, so I got this one The Bethesda Store - Vault Boy Thumbs Up Hoodie - Fallout - Brands. Hopefully, our friend's lakehouse weekend will happen this summer so I might have an excuse to wear it (on a cool night at the lake) soon-ish. It's super fuzzy inside and probably very warm.

I'm setting aside some of the b.day money from my dad so we can go out for dinner somewhere (maybe our favorite Italian place in the North End [of Boston]), the rest is going into savings for now. I can't help but imagine how nice it would be to have that money to go towards a vacation or something totally splurge-y, but there's nothing I want to put it towards yet.

As mentioned on Facebook, I got some travel guides & brochures about Texas in the mail! Mysterious. Hulky and I have decided that we'll look into taking a vacation to somewhere in Texas within the next year or so. Maybe, if we're lucky, we could pull off a trip over his winter break this year, maybe in January. It could only be for a few days because I need to save up my PTO for at least 5 days off for a honeymoon during his Spring Break next year (fingers crossed anyway). I guess I need to start researching what major cities we might like to live near and what kind of stuff is around there. We'll probably look into staying at a hostel or groupon deals. I really hope this doesn't end up being a pipe dream.

So, primal things.

I did "sprints" on my bike this morning. I pedaled standing for as many of the inclines that I could. I was left feeling a bit puke-y at the end of each, but that's me and cardio, I guess.

I am getting tired of fruit salad. There were two large bowls brought to my party and nobody had much. How long will it last for in the fridge? One is strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, and kiwi. The other is strawberries, bananas, mangos, watermelon, and apple...maybe more. Maybe blueberries? They're intense. I am loving fruit right now, but it's a bit too much for me!

I have to go grocery shopping tonight. We're out of leftovers from the party and have nothing in the freezer (and I think the potatoes in the pantry have sprouted). I'm only going to get enough to get by until Friday or Saturday because I got a coupon that won't be good until Friday that I can use for stocking up. Maybe I'll just make us eggs and sausages tonight, to keep it simple.

The gas is never-ending. Since cutting out oranges, it has lessened quite a bit. I have minor gas upon waking, none until mid-afternoon, after I've stopped eating. It's worst in the evening. If I could ever remember to take digestive enzymes, maybe that would help.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    How about pureeing the fruit and freezing it for future smoothies? You'd have to freeze it in smaller quantities.

You are eating something that doesn't agree with your system if you have gas all the time. The only time I am gassy any more is when I eat something that I shouldn't. I use the gas as an indicator. If i get gas, I shouldn't eat so and so.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 06-19-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I was going to suggest blending up and freezing the fruit also. Maybe make some pop cycles or ice tray cubes with it. The fruit cubes can be used to make flavored tea or sparkling water. Or add some rum or tequila

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Yep. I was going to suggest blending up and freezing the fruit also. Maybe make some pop cycles or ice tray cubes with it. The fruit cubes can be used to make flavored tea or sparkling water. Or add some rum or tequila
    Great ideas!!