Page 441 of 798 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 7976

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 441

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    One more squeal about the surprise party: my sister made gluten-free cupcakes! They came out great. Even the frosting is not too sweet. I'll have to ask what she used. They fell apart more than regular cupcakes, but were not too dry or crumbly either. I'm going to freeze most of the rest so I can have them later
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you had a such a great birthday celebration!!! Hulky gets LOTS of points for this one! I'll save my birthday wishes for tomorrow
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

2013 - a set on Flickr
    Double rainbow! It was a full arch, but I would have had to drive around like a crazy person to get the full shot. Really beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen a full rainbow like that before.

Pretty ! I've always why the sky inside the arch looks lighter than the sky outside the arch............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I got caught in massive downpour on my way home yesterday. It sucked (no reflective gear, no lights, not even my bright yellow water-resistant jacket), but I couldn't help but feel a bit badass. I shaved a few minutes off my commute, too. I only shifted gears once. The way back is mostly downhill or flat, so it's easier to just power through the inclines. My shoes are still soggy this morning. I left them in the oven last night, after Hulky made himself a pizza, and that at least got them to stop dripping.

My allergies are ATROCIOUS today. I am sneezing a lot and my nose is running. I woke up with a sore throat, probably from mold in the air conditioner. We cleaned it out really well, washed the filter and everything, so I think I'm just screwed. I think I want to ask my doctor about a prescription allergy medication when I go for my annual (I think that's due next month?). I think the stinging nettle leaf does help, I take it before bed sometimes and my eyes don't itch, or in the afternoon on a weekend and I think I sneeze less, but I have to remember to take it. I don't think it'll do anything for my indoor allergies though (mold & dust). I am saddened when people talk about getting a reprieve from allergies due to wet weather. Mine only lightens immediately after the rain starts, before the mold has a chance to really come out, while the pollen is getting washed away/held down.

The forecast calls for rain so I drove in and will have to pick Hulky up later. He pulled something in his back last night so it's a good idea for me to drive him anyway (this prompted him to say he needs to start working out again, which makes me happy, but he is in so much pain that the endorphins are making him high). I might go to a concert with some friends tonight. It's in Cambridge, so close enough to take the T and not be a hassle. I might get back a little late, but will probably aim to be home by 11.

I think I might bring the 5-HTP back up to 150 mg. I don't feel like I slept restfully last night. I woke up pretty tired. My mood seems okay though. I'll probably give it another day. I'm working on compiling my next order of supplements to see what I want to restock or try next. Lots of options and I really have no idea. What I'm doing now is working quite well for my digestion. The fruit I've been eating lately seems to help too. I'm still having a lot of gas though (been thinking of trying peppermint oil capsules before meals).

Awr, I forgot to wear the necklace from my grandmother today. I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear for a nice birthday outfit and I wanted to wear the necklace. I'm so used to not wearing any jewelry aside from what stays on 24/7 (the engagement ring & my earrings/body jewelry). I miss having a necklace that I can wear all the time, but this gift is not suitable for that role. I still want another ankh pendant. I lost my other one at least 2 years ago now and haven't been able to find one small enough since.

The "dog shampoo" hair spray that Cori recommended smells great! My scalp is still a little flaky, but not as much. I just spritz it a little around my head after a shower, let it rest a minute, then rub it into my scalp. Pretty easy with my hair so short. It may not be a complete solution, but if it helps mitigate the effects of the hard water on my scalp, that's good.

Hulky has a birthday present for me that was delivered at his parents' house. Hopefully, we can pick that up on the way home tonight .
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 06-18-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TASHA!!! I'm glad Hulky had a party for you and pulled it off flawlessly! What a nice surprise and such a swell guy to attempt it. He's definitely a keeper.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Unhappy discovery about car insurance: Hulky loves USAA and insists on using them for the Civic. The accident I was in August of 2010 put points on my license. Had we paid attention at the time, we would have gotten a Notice of Surcharge from his insurance, which we should have appealed. It's much more difficult to do now. Basically, the rates won't reduce this year. Not clear at what point USAA will ignore the points, but it will take 7 YEARS for the 4 points to go away entirely. MA does not allow point reduction through safe driver's courses. Liberty Mutual insures the Mustang and our apartment and ignores the points if the accident is over 2 years ago. If he would change insurance companies, the insurance rate would probably reduce, especially now that he's over 25.

Grumble.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    The essential oils in that spray may work better and better on your flakes over time depending on what is causing them.
    But I'm glad you at least like the scent as much as I do...

Also I saw this and thought of your red mixer...

Hulky would LUV it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    haha maybe I should make him a Wonder Woman apron.