Page 440 of 737 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 7370

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 440

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Have a great day, Tasha!

If its any consolation - I was stupid last night and we had a tiff too. Sometimes I get all insecure and act like a moron!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I think Friday nights and Sunday nights are just mentally iffy. You weren't alone.
    That said, enjoy the zoo!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    The zoo was nice and I came home to find a surprise birthday party!

As you know from my entries lately, I suspected something was going to happen, but I didn't really figure it was going to be yesterday. Hulky was acting VERY suspicious. Then I saw the kids' shoes in the front entry. Then I turned the corner & saw my grandmother huddling with some of my friends & family in the hallway. I cried. Venus made it too! I am so freaking happy.

I'll have more thoughts, details, & photos to share later. Right now, I'm going to CVS to find a suitable Father's Day card & hanging out with Baba.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hulky took a few photos for me; this is my favorite one. Facebook compression is awful. Here's my mom, me, and Baba, unfolding the sari she gave me. I think she said something about her older sister getting it? She said she'd tell the long story later. It's more blue than the picture shows (not periwinkle), a great color for me.

So, we went to the zoo, it was nice, then Hulky and I were just driving randomly, which is not so unusual, but he kept making phone calls (on my phone because his needs a new battery) and being very bad about acting casual when I tried to ask what the call was about. Then we got the car washed. Then we get home & I see his niece and nephews' shoes in the doorway so I know there's SOME kind of party going on (for whatever reason, up until that point, I thought it might be tomorrow). I turn the corner and I see my grandmother, Venus, and some other friends huddled in the hallway. I burst out crying and starting hugging people.

Of course, once I start calming down, I see MORE people in the kitchen. There wasn't a good place for people to hide so they just waited out of sight. I'm so glad they didn't pop out because I got to cry in front of fewer people. I really didn't think I'd cry in such a situation, but Hulky apparently warned people that I would! He knows me too well. The party was great, I had a wonderful time, and I got a few nice presents.

My grandmother gave me the sari (which I think is also for my sister) and a silver cigarette holder that she'd had a hole put into so it can be worn as a necklace. She gave it to my grandfather for their second Christmas together. I got a couple of books from friends, including The Oatmeal's "How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You". My sister made gluten-free cupcakes, which were delicious (chocolate w/ chocolate frosting) and there was TONS of fruit (I have two sizeable bowls of fruit salad in the fridge). After the family left, we drank more, and a few friends stayed the night. Hulky made everyone pancakes this morning, but then had to take off to a Ren faire that he'd forgotten about. We were supposed to go with his family. Because my grandmother is in town, I didn't go, which I was a bit bummed about, but I'm sure it'll be a nice afternoon with my family once they get back from church. I wish I could have spent more time with Hulky though! I'm so glad he pulled this off for me.

I got to see the Facebook event this morning. He made sure everyone knew I needed paleo-friendly food and made a post about behaving in front of my little brother and that he is awesome & friendly <3. I made a good choice with that man.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds great. Happy Birthday!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That's an awesome birthday! And it does make sense to spend time with Baba while you have her. I'm sure his family understood.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    What a great pic and post! Thanks for putting a smile on my face

Kymma is offline Senior Member

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks guys. It's actually tomorrow, but I think I've done all of the celebrations at this point!

Aaahhh such a nice weekend. A bit of a bummer yesterday though, since it turns out Baba left really early after not sleeping & getting too excited. That makes me rather worried about the engagement party. I don't want her to end up in the hospital because of me! I am not sure if she could keep the surprise, or if the excitement would be too much if she knew about the surprise wedding beforehand. She's going to be excited anyway, I'm sure. I really want her to be there .

Hulky's family said the ren faire was not that awesome, but it still would've been fun to go. We all went out for a late lunch together and I had an awesome pot roast w/ smashed squash & broccoli. The entire weekend was full of over-eating and I loved every second of it. Hulky and I shared some chocolates last night while watching Angel. I needed some decompression time. We went to bed early and I slept really well.

With the excitement of this weekend, I'm not sure if the new amino acid doses are right or not. I think I'm doing okay, but we'll see how things go this week.

I'm a bit bloated from over-eating and some alcohol this weekend (half a beer and a couple glasses of wine), but I'd like to take my annual summertime photo this week. I mostly just want to capture my amazing thighs but I'm going to start doing push-ups again. I noticed I was struggling lifting my bike last week (then focused on pushing with my legs instead of lifting with my arms and it was fine) so i did some push-ups... only 4 kneeling. Oops.

I found a good door frame to practice squats in at the apartment. I'm working on holding the position just past neutral and trying to remember to stretch my hamstrings a lot because they have been pretty tight lately.