Page 434 of 762 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 7619

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 434

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    you've got to be pretty frustrated with it! Have you tried putting coconut oil on your scalp at night? It makes the pillow case a bit oily, but might be worth a try.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Too oily to deal with, honestly. I shower at night so it would be in my hair all day.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    well, I guess I'm all out of suggestions! Unless you wanted to slather it on after work for a few hours pre-shower! Hulky might enjoy that "wet" look.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Mixing your own oils can be fun, but like you said it's pricey to get into buying all the individual components.
    Also... it can be a let down when you've spent the money and it misses.

You might be able to get a custom blend done for you at a local herb shop.
    I know it's something that I can get done locally. You tell them your issue, they suggest a blend for the problem, maybe add something to make it smell better too... then add carrier oil and everything.
    You can do this in a trial size and they keep the recipe for you so that they can make it again for you or make adjustments.

I have one other weird suggestion.
    It's actually a dog grooming product, so maybe it's a little "weird". Whatever.
    It's called TT Sandalwood Spice Grooming Spray, its from an Aussie company, it's all natural(no dyes, parabens, any of that crap), it has Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lemon Myrtle, Australian Sandalwood, and Lavender oil in it... and it smells really fabulous.

Tea Tree and Lavender are both great for dandruff issues.

It's for dog grooming, but safe for people use too.
    The smell is a bit woodsy as you might imagine, but I consider it gender neutral.
    It's non-greasy but leaves a good shine and softness.
    I put it on my dogs, and me sometimes.

A 4oz bottle is like $10. But with your short hair rubbing a few sprays into the scalp it should last a while.
    Would you consider it?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I don't even have any damned hair and I want to try that, Cori!
    My dogs smell wonderful.
    You could spritz your man hairs?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Both of them!
    You know... chest, armpits, back, where ever!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I would definitely consider it! Will look into both options.

I am currently waiting for my therapist. I think she had an appointment at another office before mine and got stuck in traffic. I have had a lot of anxiety today, nearly resulting in tears at work, and am hoping that is a sign of the circus' imminent arrival.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have one other weird suggestion.
    It's actually a dog grooming product, so maybe it's a little "weird". Whatever.
    It's called TT Sandalwood Spice Grooming Spray, its from an Aussie company, it's all natural(no dyes, parabens, any of that crap), it has Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lemon Myrtle, Australian Sandalwood, and Lavender oil in it... and it smells really fabulous
    Haha, the Amazon reviews even say some people use it for themselves!

I had to fill the car up today for Hulky... $$ is going to be tight again this month (need to stop whining about this, it's not going to change anytime soon), but I ordered it. Free shipping w/ Prime, at least! Should be here before the weekend. Looking forward to having a nice smelling head.

I do have some nice shampoo and conditioner (Yes to Cucumber), but I want something that might destroy any fungal weirdness going on.

You know what's not fun? Experiencing nauseating menstrual cramps during your bicycle ride to work.

At least it had the decency to wait till I got to work for the opening number.

Also not fun is wheezing your way through 99% humidity.

But I powered my way (standing & pedaling in higher gears) through some of the inclines, better than I have before. I think it's a good sign if I can push through the discomfort of the humidity to try and make progress in my strength and stamina!

So, really, don't take my whining too seriously.

I am amused by my water retention today. My belly is a little jiggly. It feels funny to me.

I'm still dealing with significant gas! It was okay last night. I think oranges might not sit well with me. I haven't had any in several days and the afternoon gas has been reduced/absent. I had been eating one with lunch everyday up until the end of last week. I woke up with gas this morning, but I think that was from the avocado I had late last night.

I had an inflammation attack last night, I think that might also have been from the avocado, sadly. My knees and hands started to hurt a lot when I got into bed.

You know what sucks? That I started getting arthritic pain, at the age of 24, AFTER I started cleaning up my diet. But at least I know how to

Wow, my mood is SO much improved today. Thank Whatever for Vitex. Without it, today would have been a pile of sobs. My anxiety was nasty yesterday, but still manageable.

Therapy was good. As fun as therapy can be, I guess. I'm checking in next month, have to email her about scheduling something. She said, "Sounds like you're doing pretty well." I said, "Yeah, I guess ". She said, "Sounds like you're doing REALLY well." Then I felt all awkward. On my way out, she said, "Nice work!" and I again felt really awkward and thanked her. I WANT THIS TO BE LESS AWKWARD AHHHH DON'T PRAISE ME

crrapp nnooooooo my next period is due the day before the engagement party
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 06-12-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    So do you take any gelatin, NW? I started supplementing with it a few months ago, mainly for vanity and hoping it makes my hair, nails and skin look nice. But, my pre-menstrual cramps have dwindled down to almost nothing and my joints don't hurt anymore, even when I'm doing intense exercising. It also seems to help with regular bowel movements, if that isn't TMI. I had issues with that for years but that has improved a ton with the gelatin.