Page 433 of 797 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 433

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Mmmm XM radio would be nice. Someday...someday... We are hoping that if we take good care of the Civic, it could be traded in someday. Maybe a hybrid, if we're still commuting a lot at that point, otherwise something economical for travel.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Oh snap, it's Father's Day weekend coming up. Gotta find good cards for Hulky's dad and mine. Maybe my dad would like to help change the brake fluid in Hulky's car with me? I think he has a home-made pump device that makes the fluid easier to flush. Otherwise, I will see if I can help with pool prep. They got new filter fins for the pool pump, but we are almost 1 month away from the party and our pool takes a while to get clean (slow efforts) & warm up reasonably (it is always cold).

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Your dress is amazing! You're going to look absolutely stunning! Strange, my fear with strapless bras was always that the dress would fall down (or below the bra). The bras are always fitted so tightly they can't fall down (also, you have to be a determined breather). And they have a wide variety of padded strapless bras.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    I love your dress! So pretty...
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

Okay, next time I want to make gluten-free pizza, I'm going to try a different crust mix. I could limit myself to a slice a meal, but that's no fun. Gluten-free is not enough. This stuff is not friendly like the pancake mix, which is tapioca, potato, and rice flour (maybe a little almond meal). This stuff has sorghum flour and a bunch of real grain gluten-free flours. At least I know for sure that stuff does not sit well with me. I'll have to talk to Hulky about that so maybe I can pick out the gluten-free cake mix he uses for me (if he makes me a cake).

We had hot Italian sausages last night. They didn't burn my mouth much, but my stomach burned once they got there. I told Hulky and he said, "Sounds like IBS." I don't think IBS really has anything to do with the stomach, but perhaps I do have low stomach acid. Unfortunately, the HCL I have is way too strong and gives me really terrible heartburn when I use it. I guess I'll keep an eye out for a lower dose and pick up a bottle to try at some point. Not wasting my money on a bottle of 300+ doses again!

Anyway, I do think I have IBS, but to me it's kind of a catch-all term for inflammation of the bowels. I mean, there's no one cause or cure for it. I just have to identify my food triggers and keep eating well. Part of me still wants that "official" diagnosis, but I know it won't do anything for me except give me a leg to stand on if I need to argue my way of eating to someone.

Long story short, my gut is pretty swollen today. I don't get the gluten-gut like some people do, I don't "look pregnant" or anything. It's just a feeling of pressure in my lower gut and slight distention there from my gut actually being inflamed. I could not put on my higher-waist pairs of pants today, but my low-waist Old Navy jeans fit fine.

Blah, blah, blah. I am sick of the rain and looks like it's going to continue into next week.

Good news: I think I managed to fit buying a radiator for the Mustang into the budget. We'll find out at the end of the month if I was wrong. The radiator should be here by sometime next week.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like your paying close attention to what your body is doing in response to the foods you eat. That's the best thing you can do. Then when you find a trigger make sure you don't have that again.

My all protein diet is working great to control my diarrhea so far. 13 days in and I can pin-point every episode to a certain food or beverage. At least I know now that high fat doesn't work for me - and I can't take magnesium in any form - and more than one rum/diet coke is going to cause issues the next day. A small portion of green beans didn't effect me at all I'm not ready to start adding in more stuff yet --- I'm enjoying the pain-free/diarrhea-free world I've found!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I listen to NPR a lot. They're always calling women sluts and bitches.
    Generally only if talking about Anne Coulter...

Tomi, I'm glad you've got something work so well for you, at last!

Hair: Okay, my scalp is not doing as well as I thought/hoped. Frankly, it stinks! I think I need to try some kind of essential oil treatment (some kind of blend with tea tree oil) for a few days to a week, see if it's some kind of fungal thing that keeps my scalp flaking and the sebum from building up so much. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the hard water at the apartment. Making my own mixture is going to be pricey, thought it would probably last a while. Time to do some research.

Apartment: The rent is going up this fall, but they are getting insulation blown in next week on our floor so this winter should cost MUCH less to heat the place. Very excited about that. The extra $50/mo from each of us should be nothing compared to what we'll save in heating. It was exciting to tell the land lady about our impending nuptials (since the lease will need my updated last name) too. Can't believe I'm so close to being Mrs. Hulky! Anyway, this means we REALLY should get a washer & dryer. It's hard to arrange because, even if my mom can cover costs (she offered last Winter), we need help moving them to and from a vehicle (too heavy for me to help), and a vehicle to move them in (C has a '79 VW bus that's stripped inside so there's plenty of space, but he's not really readily available). Scheduling is a bitch when you don't have transportation or muscle at the ready. Being able to squat/lift 90 lbs (guessing about half the weight of either machine) someday would be pretty badass, but I don't think I can manage that this summer.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if you cut out ALL grains - maybe that would help your scalp issues? You could try it for a good month and see what happens?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, I have done that for months and it did not help. This has been an issue for a long time.