Page 432 of 678 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 6779

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 432

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Very pretty dress! How nice of Naiad.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful!

I love the one shoulder wrap... it shows off your other shoulder/ink wonderfully!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad it looks as good on you as I had hoped. I prefer either the one shoulder or the strapless, and I'm honestly torn on which way. I guess it depends on your swimsuit as to which you roll with. The color is absolutely gorgeous on you.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Great picture. 10/10 would expect to see sculpted in marble adorning a Greek temple.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Good taste, Naiad!

You look great, Wonder!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I tried the strapless without a bra and...well I was very nervous. Large breasticles would help a lot, but I do not have those. I think it would slip off very easily with a bathing suit top underneath (they are usually pretty smooth/kind of slippy).

I prefer to have the waist of the dress at my waist instead of below boobs, as shown here, for length (on the knees) and comfort, but some of the wrap styles work better with the waistband higher. The wrapping occurs around my waist either way. Perhaps I will do some comparison photos. I was just thinking about what styles would hide the strapless bra for today, so I had the waistband higher.

I have the Sunday afternoon/evening grumps. I'm not dreading work, but there's a definite sense of gloom about my weekend being almost over. It's hard to just enjoy the time I have with this feeling of unease. My PMS is not nearly as awful since I added the Vitex back in 2 days ago, but I'm still a little gloomy/stressed.

I think I'm going to go out and get a gluten-free pizza mix.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    She chose it. All I needed was the size.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Very pretty! I had no idea you could wear it so many different ways! The big day is closing in! How exciting!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I don't listen to the radio that often, but when I get tired of the mix cd in the car, I'll pop it on. I made a rule for myself that if a song I don't recognize is playing on one of our preset stations, I have to listen to it. I've found some good new music that way. Unfortunately, I also hear awful snippets of talk radio while I'm waiting for the sound to process in my ears. I need 5-10 seconds to understand what I'm hearing on the radio when I'm in the car, mostly from separating road noise (the car is not really loud, it's just an auditory fault of mine). By the time the sounds process, I am bummed about having wasted that time. This morning, I heard some bullshit about "sluts" on "Boston's rock station". It's sickening to me that this kind of shaming is acceptable to some people. They were talking about how it's slutty for a woman to hook up with a guy and then hook up with someone else the next day, not sleeping with someone on the first date. So, "slut" is defined by the person who isn't getting any. That sense of "ownership" is disgusting.

AAANNYYWAAAAY. Rant over. Sorry.

I slept poorly last night. Hulky and I spent most of yesterday playing video games and I think it was too much engaging time on the computer. During the week, I don't really feel very engaged when I'm at my desk, no matter what I'm doing. I think it helps that I have a lot of sunlight in my line of view at work (my back is to the north-facing windows in the apartment when I'm at my desk). It's not the same kind of stimulation as gliding around Gotham (playing Arkham City, the end of the main quest line made me sad) all "night" (it's seriously never day in that game). I woke up several times in the night, feeling perfectly awake, and annoyed to be so. Did not help to have the cat sitting on my gassy belly. I drove Hulky in to work today and will do so again tomorrow because of the threat of thunderstorms. I have therapy tomorrow at 5PM.

Did I mention I made banana bread this weekend? It's not as dense as shown in Slim Palate's photos. Mine breaks apart easily, but it's very moist and has a great texture. It's really proper banana bread to my palate. I'm out of all my gluten-free flours now, sadly. Hulky ruined a batch of pancakes on Saturday with an experiment (making a giant pancake, but it was too thick), so the mix I bought two weeks ago is almost gone too.

Last night was pizza night. Hulky made from scratch (dough was bought at local pizza place), I got a Bob's Red Mill crust mix. It's a bit upsetting to my digestion, D instead of C, but it's honestly worth the trouble. It comes out too thick for my liking, so I throw out the "crust" when I get to it, but I like being able to indulge in a pizza without the heartburn. Any tips for working with fresh mozzarella? Last time I used it, a lot of water came out during baking so it was a bit rubbery. The shredded stuff is always this dehydrated reconstituted crap with lots of additives. Wondering if there's a "healthier" option.

I asked Hulky what "junk" means to him and he got snippy and said that he didn't think it needed defining. So I'm completely dropping that discussion (about not eating junk for the month leading up to the wedding) with him. Not worth the argument. He can do whatever he wants. Not eating out will save us some needed money, at least!

My birthday is in 8 days! I think we're doing something this weekend. I got some more palm shortening for Hulky to use if he makes me a gluten-free cake. I think I requested chocolate, but now I can't remember.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't listen to the radio that often, but when I get tired of the mix cd in the car, I'll pop it on. I made a rule for myself that if a song I don't recognize is playing on one of our preset stations, I have to listen to it. I've found some good new music that way. Unfortunately, I also hear awful snippets of talk radio while I'm waiting for the sound to process in my ears. I need 5-10 seconds to understand what I'm hearing on the radio when I'm in the car, mostly from separating road noise (the car is not really loud, it's just an auditory fault of mine). By the time the sounds process, I am bummed about having wasted that time. This morning, I heard some bullshit about "sluts" on "Boston's rock station". It's sickening to me that this kind of shaming is acceptable to some people. They were talking about how it's slutty for a woman to hook up with a guy and then hook up with someone else the next day, not sleeping with someone on the first date. So, "slut" is defined by the person who isn't getting any. That sense of "ownership" is disgusting.
    I used to drive from NH to Lexington MA every day, which was 125 miles round trip. I listened to a LOT of radio and have to agree with you. Most of the morning DJ shows used to make me mad enough to want to call in and bitch at someone, lol. I think that's why they are so obnoxious - it drives up the audience. Changed cars a couple years ago to better accommodate heavy road travel and the new one came with Sirius. It is so nice, I never listen to regular radio anymore.