Page 430 of 750 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 7492

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 430

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    You know what? Fuck it.

I will have whatever body I have when I get married.

My only concern is health. I don't want to feel physically uncomfortable due to my bloated intestines. I don't want want to struggle with the fit of my clothes or swimsuit. I will focus on eating well for the sake of my poor gut because I want it to treat me well for a long time, not just for one day. I will still encourage Hulky to eat healthy and we will cut back on eating food that we don't prepare, but it's starting to seem silly to me to adopt a 30-day meal plan if I don't mean it for the rest of my life. I'll eat how I eat, which is overall really well.

That said, Hulky and I are going to have to figure out how to make a lot of cookies in the week leading to the engagement party. Maybe I will take the day off before and cook a bunch on my own. My aunt and her hubby will be in town that night so I think we want to go out to dinner with them, which means not much time for baking. I saw a thing on Pinterest or some wedding site that cd sleeves (the paper kind with the cellophane windows) work really well for cookie favors, we'd just need some fun stickers to hold them closed. Otherwise, we can just bake a ton and have them on display with the other dessert things and make a little sign about them being favors =P

I have no idea how many cookies we'll need. I don't think we're expecting more than 40 guests.

I also want to make a batch of dairy & gluten-free cookies and a small batch of vegan (probably also gluten-free) cookies. I'll have to make a test batch, which means my sister and I should hang out so she can try some . I'll use palm shortening for the fat (the consistency is like soft, smooth butter, but it weighs less and doesn't really taste like anything) and probably try some flax seeds (or ground flax, gotta Google) for the egg replacement.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for good sense! You already look great, so how you feel really is more important
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Hooray for good sense! You already look great, so how you feel really is more important
    ^this
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhh... another "This!"

And also, about cookie baking.
    See if you can find recipes that is receptive to mixing, portioning, then freezing.
    Do that part in little steps, one recipe at a time leading up to said weekend... then you can bake in succession when the time comes.
    This is MUCH easier. *nods*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    You know what? Fuck it.

I will have whatever body I have when I get married.

My only concern is health.
    It's not possible for me to agree with you more than I do.

If you're looking for 'cookies', have you tried coconut whiskers? They have replaced wheat based biscuits in our household.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

I'm not actually a big fan of coconut

So, I keep forgetting that Hulky is high on cough syrup. He acts fairly normally, like he's just in a really good mood! Anyway, I found out today that the vet did say more, including that Fae has gingivitis and plague on some of her back teeth. I wonder if going back to raw food for a while would help. Just too much of a hassle to do it all the time because I forget to defrost, or the meat goes bad, or she pukes it up because she ate too fast..

Sssiiggghhhsss

Well, I'm just a ball of something lately, aren't I?

I know what it is. It's PMS. I am mad that it's here, that I'm suffering from it again. I had hoped this was fixed. I took some Vitex last night and again this morning and I definitely feel more stable. The circus is expected on Monday. I'll continue taking Vitex daily.

I bought some cat furniture (a post and a little round hut-like thing with a platform she could jump up onto) from one of my co-workers that is relocating to the West coast (so jealous). $20 . Tonight, I will take them home, vacuum them thoroughly, and then sprinkle on some cat nip in the hopes that Fae will love them.

Plan for Fae: Whole Foods has the semi-ground chicken necks and backs again, so I will get a pack, portion it out, and start adding that to her food. I will also get some drumsticks and chop up the meat/strip them for her so she can gnaw on the raw bones (okay I'll finally get a damn place mat/tray for her too so I don't have to wash the floor after she eats). I wish I could examine her teeth on my own so I could monitor for improvement over the next month. She struggled with me last night and I didn't have good visibility. I'll try again tonight. At least my paychecks went up enough that I can afford to get her teeth cleaned within the next couple of months, if I stop setting money aside in savings. I called the vet and am waiting for a call back on an estimate for the cleaning. I know what I did wrong. I got her food with green peas in it. She is super sensitive to food with any kind of non-meat. I thought it might still be okay because it's grain-free, at least. According to my research last night, Wellness has the best grain-free food. I'll see if my mom wants to buy the big bag of dry food that I was feeding Fae, for the family cat, who has a grungy coat and is underweight.

I think I might have to cut rice out of my diet again. I've been gassy all week and still feel a little bloated even if my stomach feels better. A while back, I was able to eat rice a couple times a week, and then I noticed that each of those times, I'd have some gas and bloating. I stopped eating it for a while, then started again a month or two ago. No issues until recently. I wonder why I can't tolerate it consistently. I will need to find another carb source for lunch.

It's the weekend (basically)! Yay! Now Hulky can finally friggin' REST and recuperate. He's feeling better, finished the z-pack today, but still feeling run down. I hope the weekend off does him some good. Apparently, he might get the opportunity to work Saturdays soon. I'm worried about his stress level, but he wants to do it for the extra money, which we could really use. He said it's completely voluntary, so he'll be able to take the Saturday before the engagement party (friend's 30th birthday) and the day of the party off.

He asked me last night if I want cake for my birthday. I was feeling so grumpy and was inadvertently mean about it. I hope he asks again because I would really like a gluten-free cake.

Hulky declined eating like me for the Wedding30. I decided to straight up ask him, but put it in the framework of not getting sick (since I rarely get sick and I eat this way, maybe he could eat this way for the 30 days before the wedding to see if it helps keep him from getting sick? "No.").

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    So happy you going relax and eat for health before the wedding. Why make yourself crazy? Cori's suggestion to make cookie dough ahead of time and freeze is a good one. You'll be glad to just have to pop them in the oven and bake. Oh, you're in MA, right? If you have have a Michael's store in the area, they have a ton of things that can serve as cookie sleeves/containers. And they aren't that expensive. Avoid the wedding-specific products cause they are overpriced. You can find other containers there for a lot less.

Definitely going to try to freeze the dough. We use a pretty basic recipe (which is why they're so good, people LOVE them). Flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, chocolate chips, egg(s), whatever other stuff you need. A quick Google says we just need to roll the dough into balls, freeze on a tray, then put into ziplock bags until we want to use them. They shouldn't need long to thaw. maybe we'll start making some batches next week. No idea how many cookies we should make, but I guess that depends on the size of them and how many we want to give to each guest. I'll be making the "alternative" cookies the week of, as those probably wouldn't freeze well.

I'll check out Michael's or a dollar store. Not sure how Hulky wants to present them, but I'm ordering stickers with our wedding notices (might be placing that order today, squee!) so we can keep packages closed with that, or just leave them out for people to use however they want

Fluffy hairs. I like how this is growing out. At no stage so far have I disliked this decision. It hasn't quite been a month since I buzzed it. I think it'll be about the length I hoped it would by the engagement party. I'll need a trim in about a month (and then bleaching and dyeing yaaaayyyyy).

I just love how I look in this picture.

*edit* Holy balls that's huge. Let me try to resize.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 06-07-2013 at 09:39 AM.