Page 429 of 769 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 7685

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 429

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    getting him to define junk is probably your best start.
    That sounds like this to me.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    my hubby won't even talk about what constitutes junk. If it tastes good - its fair game.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    That sounds like this to me.
    Hahah!

I don't mind junk defining...

Ahem.

Last night, he said he was really fighting the urge to go get more of the ice cream he had two nights ago. Later, he said he'd wanted to make cookies, but it was too late. I just said, "Eating lots of sugar probably isn't going to help you get better!" I'll bring up the smoothie option. He could do with some more fruit in his life. He said to me today that he wants to get cereal to leave at work for breakfast . I asked him, "What about fruit? I thought that's what you wanted the bananas for," and he said that just makes a good snack. Phooey.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I feel not awesome today, but not awful. I got so sad and stressed out about Fae last night. I feel like I'm letting her down. She's just a cat, she doesn't know that. What if her little kitty joints hurt? But you know what? I'm feeding her the best food that I can. She's super soft and shiny, not oily and not flaky often. Poor girl was stressing out really badly at the vet yesterday, Hulky had to hold his head against hers and stroke her neck to make her stop mewing and she was flaking a lot. From what he said about the vet, they were not as attentive as the ones I've spoken to before. Last time I took her (two years ago, Hulky took her last year too), the vet told me she was fat, but had good muscle underneath. I don't remember how much she weighed then, but I don't think it was 14 lbs. Sounds like this vet didn't say much of anything this time.

I am really glad that Hulky scheduled the appointment though. He took the initiative and took care of her. I'm glad he cares for her as much as I do.

I'm going to borrow my parents scale once a month to monitor her weight loss. I guess the combination of wet and dry food I have her on right now is too much, though it seems like such a small amount of food. I'll keep her on dry for now and give her wet meals occasionally as I use up the cans I bought. I would have to feed her 1 1/4 cans per day for a 10 lb goal weight, which is way too expensive to keep up .

I think I am PMS'ing, but something else is going on too because I am still waking up very tired. Not sure what to change.

How dare I forgoe my silver lining? One more bad thing.

Gut (TMI): Even though I've been going daily for the past few days (missed one day earlier this week and over the weekend), I feel constipated all day long. My BM has switched to the evening. I didn't feel bad when it was mid-morning or mid-day. This feeling really kills my sex drive, from both physical and mental pressure, which in turn makes me feel worse mentally.

I have noticed, however, that my bloat is reduced and stomach is getting flatter again. So that's my silver lining. I think my gut inflammation is reducing. Now to keep it that way! No more wheat this week!

I remembered that I've been skipping breakfast lately and that could have to do with my sleep, mood, and overall energy levels. I nearly took a nap last night after work. Still need to find a non-egg portable breakfast alternative.

I think I'm going to replicate Naiadknight's sourdough experiment at some point. Maybe with some sourdough french toast! In essence, I want to get some fresh bread with minimal ingredients (there's a local sourdough bread that I believe fits those requirements) and see how it affects my gut. Plus sourdough is fermented, so maybe it would sit better. The presence of yeast may still make it an issue for me, as yeast doesn't really play well with gut bacteria issues. Maybe I'll make it a full 3-day experiment and have a little with every meal. I know grains are still not optimal, but I like to know all my options. If it's easier to get something on sourdough than try to avoid bread altogether while I'm out/travelling/whatever, so much the better.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    If Fae is moving more than she used to, and is soft and glossy from the inside (not because you've been adding oils or something to her coat), then I think she probably feels fine. Animals don't move much when they don't feel ok.

Re: sourdough- Didn't Mark's article on it say that you had to make sure it was real sourdough to get the fermented effect? As in- not all modern sourdough is actually fermented?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

She used to be an outdoors cat, so not moving as much as that (but her belly was dragging and her coat was awful), but she can get up and down from the beds and window sills. She moves around the apartment and keeps us company when we move into a different room. She's definitely not more lethargic than any other cat, and she even plays by herself (that was a change when I put her on grain-free food, she'll play with strings and bits of stuff on the floor on her own).

Are Traditionally Prepared Grains Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Just comments on sourdough being VERY DIFFICULT to make gluten-free.
    The Health Benefits of Fermented Foods | Mark's Daily Apple
    Because it's fermented, it's the best option (but you need to look for the real stuff, and get long-fermented, which can be up to a month or longer, if possible)

So you're right. I probably won't find long-fermented sourdough at the grocery store, even from local brands with minimal ingredients. I may ask the artisan bread stand at the farmer's market if they have some.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhhh, Tash!
    I saw that banana bread.
    The pufa police are gonna get you!

I'm keeping that recipe for a rainy day when I have some brown bananas BTW.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Hahah

It was really good! I don't have a loaf pan, so I had to use a wider/lower pyrex dish. I think it would not risk falling apart in the middle if the slice was more square. I definitely want to make it again, might have enough ingredients still, but no bananas. Ooo, I'm a bit low on honey actually. I have maple syrup though!

Oh dear Whatever, I need to stop eating oranges. I choke on the juice almost every other orange that I eat (seeing as I have one everyday for lunch, that's frequent). Today's coughing session took a few minutes to get past =\