Page 427 of 762 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 7611

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 427

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Oh right, cabbage does not agree with me, I think. I didn't have any usual effects from eating saurkraut, but when I ate it cooked with the pork chops, I had awful gas (burping AND farting) for the two days I ate it for lunch. The gas lasted throughout the entire day, so I woke up with it the next morning too. Unless I have suddenly developed issues with onions or apples... I eat an apple everyday. Perhaps I should swap them for a different fruit for a week to see what happens. My gut has overall been a bit iffy lately and I don't think it's entirely from wheat exposure and off-eating.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    If he's bored at work you could help alleviate that by every couple of days or so sending him one of Mark's nerdier articles- the ones with lots of links to studies

Other than that, getting him to define junk is probably your best start.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

That would be great (he did like the primal fitness PDF!), but he cannot access any external websites while at work.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oh right, cabbage does not agree with me, I think. I didn't have any usual effects from eating saurkraut, but when I ate it cooked with the pork chops, I had awful gas (burping AND farting) for the two days I ate it for lunch. The gas lasted throughout the entire day, so I woke up with it the next morning too. Unless I have suddenly developed issues with onions or apples... I eat an apple everyday. Perhaps I should swap them for a different fruit for a week to see what happens. My gut has overall been a bit iffy lately and I don't think it's entirely from wheat exposure and off-eating.
    Maybe all those probiotics waged war with the con-biotics (what is the word for the bad guys??) and the gas and all that you felt was the die-off?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Seeing as I take a very strong probiotic everyday, I doubt it. The saurkraut was "dead" because I cooked it.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Seeing as I take a very strong probiotic everyday, I doubt it. The saurkraut was "dead" because I cooked it.
    Some people get gas from cabbage. It happens.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I think I've heard that. I wonder why that is. When I ate it "alive" it was probably in lesser amounts than this, plus the probiotic factor helped, I'm sure. Moving on, I don't intend on eating cabbage anytime soon. Not even saurkraut. I'm just sticking with Threelac for now, for my probiotic needs.

I think I've heard that. I wonder why that is.
    from my good friends over at yahoo answers...

Flatulence-producing foods are typically high in certain polysaccharides (especially oligosaccharides such as inulin) and include beans, lentils, dairy products, onions, garlic, scallions, leeks, radishes, sweet potatoes, cashews, Jerusalem artichokes, oats, wheat, yeast in breads, and other vegetables. Cauliflower, Broccoli, cabbage and other cruciferous vegetables that belong to the Brassica family are commonly reputed to not only increase flatulence, but to increase the pungency of the flatus. In beans, endogenous gases seem to arise from complex oligosaccharide (carbohydrates) that are particularly resistant to digestion by mammals, but which are readily digestible by microorganisms that inhabit the digestive tract. These oligosaccharides pass through the upper intestine largely unchanged, and when these reach the lower intestine, bacteria feed on them, producing copious amounts of flatus.[6] In the case of those with lactose intolerance, intestinal bacteria feeding on lactose can give rise to excessive gas production when milk or lactose-containing substances have been consumed.

so bacteria and a bunch of words I can't pronounce
    Last edited by canio6; 06-05-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Eh, well I already know my gut bacteria is weird, but not all of those things give me gas (have eaten sweet potatoes daily for months at a time with no apparently issue). WHATEVER BODY BE WEIRD IF YOU WANT.

Dammit, this makes me want Mexican food. The local Mexican restaurant has this amaaaaazing steak. I don't know what they do to it, but it is absolutely to-die-for. Hulky loves it to so I know I'm not just crazy. They have one with peppers and onions and one with mushrooms and they are both fabulous. I could not eat it without the rice and beans, that's just how it has to be. We could go this weekend before our Wedding30... [[mentally slaps self]] no, save teh moniez!

Eh, well I already know my gut bacteria is weird, but not all of those things give me gas (have eaten sweet potatoes daily for months at a time with no apparently issue). WHATEVER BODY BE WEIRD IF YOU WANT.
    I'm pretty sure it affects different people different ways. I can eat a gallon of dairy with no issues. The same for potatoes, cabbage etc. Onions, well, I would suggest clearing the house.