Page 425 of 738 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 7379

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 425

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ha!

I'd put hard money on any guy willing to whine about "false advertisement boobs" leaving a trail of disappointments in his wake.
    +1
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hulky is apparently at risk to lose his job because of how often he's been sick. Trying not to panic.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    hope he feels better soon. Men in general turn into whiney little babies when they get sick. My hubby sucks it up and goes to work regardless of how he feels. He's worked through strep throat, food poisoning and swine flu! He's tough that way
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Also...

I don't care how teh dude feels... women don't get a peek to see if they like the "goods" first.
    Nor a guarantee it'll work for more than 30 seconds.
    If a dude gets a little less tit than he imagined, I think it comes out in the wash for the women who went home disappointed in him at some point.
    Just sayn.
    w0rd!!

RE: hulky and sick - take him to urgent care after work. Likely he's got bronchitis. It's going around and doesn't go away on its own. My stepmom was just diagnosed and given TWO z-paks to kill it, and told to stay home from work for 2 days while they do their work. She felt horrible - like death. Hope Hulky feels better soon and that his job is safe. It's hard to be an hourly employee and get sick.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

The urgent care doctor had EXCELLENT bedside manner. He wanted to get invited to our surprise wedding. Hulky has bronchitis. He was given a prescription for hydrocodone, z-pack, and Albuterol (inhaler). He's not going to take the hydrocodone, doesn't like drugs making him drowsy and he doesn't have a cough. We met an adorable 1-year-old in the waiting room and chatted with his dad. Really nice guy. That kid was HUGE for one year, walking like a champ!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Way to call it, Jenn

Glad he's finally got a diagnosis - and getting treatment. He should be feeling better in a few days.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Glad he's got his drugs. At least he has a half-decent excuse for being a baby about it
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Dear Whatever, those were the most disgusting bananas ever! We had a bunch of bananas in the pantry, I was waiting for them to ripen. I was going to seperate them today and examine them, because while they were still half green, they had developed some dark spots. They practically fell apart in my hand! Half of the bunch opened up as I tried to just lift them, not even remove them from one another. I ate one, froze another, and will probably chuck the rest. The one I ate was super bland and the whole thing was SO soft. I think the temperate spike over the weekend messed them up. This is why I usually buy separate bananas at varying stages of ripeness, but when I went last time, they were all super green so I just grabbed some. Never again.

My mom gave me $20 for some cat furniture (co-worker is moving to one of the CA offices, I'm so jealous) and more money for the scooter payments. I am going to deposit today, call the hospitals tomorrow to set up a payment plan, and put the money I took from back into savings on Friday, when I get paid. I have enough from the check to pay off two of the older bills (same hospital, separate bill for physician and facility), but I don't want to go broke trying to take care of these. I might be able to pay more by the end of the month, but I want to make sure the hospital knows I'm not ignoring it. Plus we need to order our wedding/registry notices soon!

I think I found a short reading for the wedding I'll share that later.

I woke up around 3:30 AM feeling hot. The room was stuffy from the AC on auto (it was using the fan, but the air it was blowing was warm). It was cooler outside than in our bedroom, so I opened the window and the bedroom door. It's going to be cooler in the evenings for the rest of the week, so we shouldn't need the AC. I'm tired from waking up too early, but feel a lot better after my bike ride to work. I think I'm going to focus on replacing my jeans with some more business-like pants. They will be lighter in all ways, which should make them more comfortable in the summer and easier to transport. These jeans are toooooo tight, plus the threat of imminent tearing in the bottom. No good.

I found a layer of pollen on a lot of surfaces in the apartment today My allergies are doomed. I think I'll ask my doctor about a prescription for something that might work better than Allegra when I go in for my annual (probably next month).

I told Hulky that I want to trim down a bit before the engagement party. I just want my stomach a bit flatter so I hopefully won't feel as self-conscious in my bathing suit. He said he'll join me in eating less junk, but we'll start that focus on June 13th. I'm wondering if I could convince him to do my style of primal for the 30 days (no wheat, no soy, minimal dairy, potatoes are okay, rice is okay). He might go for it as long as we prepare ahead of time so he has adequate carbs for his lunches.

I will probably hold off on my birthday photo until the engagement party.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Regarding the wedding/registry notices. What do you have in mind? Could you make them? It's way more cost effective to make them yourself. Walmart has some nice printable wedding invitations - using vellum, card stock, etc. And there are a million ideas on Pinterest for making them yourself. Wedding invitations are EXPENSIVE and by "tradition" they're supposed to be mailed a month before the event, so you better get crackin'!! With only 60-ish guests, it shouldn't take long to make them. If it would be possible, I'd totally help you - but by the time I got them done and mailed, you could have finished them yourself, ya know? Or will these be sent out after the "surprise wedding" for the reception?

Additionally, I'm not sure how you feel about 'wedding etiquette', but "per the rules" you're not supposed to include registry information with the invite - that is supposed to be shared via the bridal shower invite or word of mouth. I know you don't like to cross any socially acceptable lines, so I thought I would share that with you so you could decide what you're comfortable with.

I wish we could come to the wedding. That'd be so neat to witness.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

We are making them on Vistaprint for super cheap, but I still have to wait for payday. I need to ask my co-worker if he'll have time to help me this week. He adjusted the ones I already made, and they look great, but he offered to mock some up with me from scratch (upload the template to the site) that might look better. I want to get them ordered before the 13th of June so we have them at least a few weeks beforehand. I should have enough extras (ordering 50, probably 30ish guests at the party, and they will not all need one) to mail to some of my MDA buddies who want one (for souvenir, not obligated to buy me shit! TBH, not expecting to get much towards our honeymoon registry).

We are handing them out at the engagement party, and then mailing them to anyone who couldn't attend. The notice has the URL for our "wed-site", which will have photos once people upload them (found an app that sends them straight to our site, so we'll tell people about it just before the ceremony, also an email address that people can send photos to) and includes a link to the honeymoon registry.

The co-worker that is moving had a box of free stuff and I grabbed "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". Might be crap, but it was free.