Page 423 of 784 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 7833

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 423

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

Gluten-free pancakes (got a small bag of the Pamela's mix again because we like it) and sausages.

Happy alive-aversary to me.

Going to see After Earth later (probably will have freshly popped popcorn, maybe ice cream that I won't finish, and some root beer to wash it down). It's already 87F outside!

BTW, my pork chop experiment is pretty good, thanks to whoever chimed in. Granny Smith, onion, applesauce saurkraut, pork chops, all in the slow cooker. Not in that order. It smelled like warm saurkraut when I got home (Hulky complained) and I had some for dinner. The pork chops got shredded as I tried to remove the whole thing and it was really tasty. Apples and onions are such an unexpectedly pleasant mix. The leftover applesauce was my breakfast yesterday morning mmmmm.

I may have a surprise photo for you guys later, otherwise sometime early next week.

Landlady emailed today: she's raising the rent this year (our lease is up August 31) by $100. She's getting insulation blown in to the first floor within the new few weeks, so that should drastically reduce our heating costs (and cool things down this summer). We are still going to look into moving elsewhere, but I don't think we're going to find anything. If we get the 4br place with C, we'd be paying less than here, but Hulky is going to be away for most of August, so that would make moving very difficult.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    YOU look wonderful! Um and I'll take some of those pancakes. I will probably visit Boston several times this summer as my in laws will be there, so maybe we can get together.

P, that would be fabulous! Keep me posted!

I wore my favorite tank-top (practically my favorite shirt, TBH), favorite shorts (they finally fit me! been too large for years), tiger's eye good luck necklace, and Chucks (because they may not be comfortable, but I love the aesthetic). I feel good today.

Time to play some Batman: Arkham City! I suck at this game

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Cute picture! Happy Alive-anniversary! I too am very thankful you are still with us - because YOU are a very sweet girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Totally cute! I love your hair.

Happy Alive-a-versary to you!!!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Happy Aliveaversary! I'm really happy you're still on this side of the mist.
    I love that grown out buzz on you!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks I'm pretty happy with how it's growing out. I think I'll just need a little trim around ears and neck before the engagement party, but I like it right now, too. Very possible I'll re-buzz later this year. My hair feels nice and thick!

Today was good. Hulky and I ran some errands (which is fun because we get to hang out in the midst of getting groceries and such), then saw a Revolution soccer game with Coach (C's dad, coached them in high school). We lucked out: my very first real soccer game and they won, 5-0 vs. LA Galaxy. Had David Beckham not retired, I would have seen him play, and possibly dominate. The Revolution is pretty awful, but there was one player that even I could tell was really good (fresh out of college). I hope he gets the chance to move up.

Now we're a bit sunburned (we lotioned up so not too badly) and tired. Hulky is living off of Robitussin and now resistant to going to the doctor. I hope he gets better this week. Off to move or grab laundry from my parents' house, then vacuum and clean the shower because those are long overdue.

TMI (gut): Didn't poop yesterday. Gut started to hurt last night and again this morning. I don't know if it was not eating enough? Maybe? I ate the same things that I usually eat on weekends. I had a rough time of it today, but did go successfully. Hoping it will normalize tomorrow once I'm back on a regular schedule.

TMI (boobs): Not TMI for some people reading, I'm sure . I've been going braless more often. It's a weird thing to get used to, mentally and physically. It's very comfortable, except that my nips are pretty sensitive so that, uh, reflects through shirts. On the one hand, I want to not care because pretty much everybody has nipples. On the other hand, I'm so aware of the attention it might bring and I don't want that. Then again, people still stare at my short hair quite a bit, so they'll be sufficiently distracted. I am riding braless on my bike, however, because I don't want to wear a sweaty bra at work, and don't have enough to change into another when I get there. Hulky's soccer t-shirts are baggy enough to be very comfortable for riding, and the sleeves are long enough to cover my tattoo so I don't have to put sunscreen on.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I've kinda got the same issue with the braless thing. I always went for the slightly padded bras to cover all of that, but tank tops don't do it. So- let people deal or try to cater to them? I do still wear bras when I'm supposed to look nice, though
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I keep getting this idea that some women think that wearing padded bras is "false advertising." I don't know if I've read that somewhere or heard people talk about it, but it makes me uncomfortable. I guess it invokes the sense that women exist solely for looking at. I'm not personally worried about "false advertising" because I'm not trying to attract anybody. It just bothers ME that padded bras make my boobs look different than they are. It makes me insecure about their size! I'd rather they just look like "themselves".

I've got my pork/applesauce/apples/onions/saurkraut monstrosity for lunch today, along with some fruit and rice. I just nibbled on my 3 brazil nuts, but I'm actually really hungry this morning and might eat my Larabar soon. I'm VERY tired of eggs, mostly in hard-boiled form. I haven't tried eating right before cycling, it just strikes me as a bad idea, but if I keep waking up this hungry, I might have to risk it.

No biking today, rainy, but should be fine for the rest of the week. Someday I'll get 5 days in a row!

So the fungal spots that I get are not reducing with the consumption of more selenium through brazil nuts; in fact, they might be spreading. I'm going to keep having the brazil nuts daily for at least another week. If the spots are still spreading, I'll start using Selsen Blue until they're gone, but I won't stop eating the brazil nuts. If they can't get rid of the spots, maybe the selenium content will help keep them away once they're gone. Once I figure it out, I'll share the news with Hulky, since his are spreading now too. It's that time of year (sweating ftw), I guess!

I learned this morning that straight up orange juice from a freshly sliced orange does not deter cats, it's just something about the peel. I need to peel an orange at home so it's fresh, instead of bringing some back from work after eating the orange at lunch. I think they dry out too much during the day to impart whatever substance deters the cat from scratching the door, after I rub the peel on it. I can deal with the quiet, pathetic meows, but I can't deal with the clawing. It makes the door rattle and as;dljaw;eij I want to kick her! But she's so damn cute.

I have therapy after work in just over a week. It'll be interesting to check in. I think I'll schedule another appointment for next month, but I don't feel like I need to be going all that regularly anymore .

TMI (Gut): Gut caught up with me last night, fortunately not in a bad way. Looking at my lower abdomen in profile, I think my intestines were inflamed by something. Perhaps this weekend just wasn't a good time for my usual snacking. I don't remember exactly what I ate on Saturday now. Oh well! Glad it is moving along.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    This needs to be your new avatar pic. Such a good pic of who you are!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.