Page 422 of 798 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 7976

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 422

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Definitely would not be able to read more than one article there per day, or every few days. One was heavy enough for today

Definitely not TMI. That's weird. Also the concept of "sharing". Bi isn't poly- necessarily... or is he just talking about checking out people? If someone is in a relationship with another person and they're happy, their gaze on others really shouldn't matter anyway. Hulky and I check out folks together. It's always funny when we chime in at the same time with the same conclusion. "Oh if only she wasn't smoking..." "That girl was really cute!"
    Brad and I do this too. We look at girls' butts and indicate whether or not we like it. We have differing views on butts. lol

It's gonna be a hot one today (and tomorrow) ! Fairly humid, high near 90F! My ride to work this morning was very comfortable, temperature-wise, but my legs had NO energy. I wasn't sore or even really taxed, but I just felt like I couldn't move my legs enough. I made good time, so maybe it was just in my head. At least my legs are not as painfully sore as they were yesterday and Tuesday. My upper calves hurt so badly that they felt like they were about to cramp up! They don't really hurt at all today.
    Sounds like you're using your calves more than your quads. Try to be sure you're pushing with your quads and not pushing with your toes/calves. If you only move your foot and don't lift and push with your quads, you'll over use and tire your calves more quickly. I learned this while running and have learned how to engage my quads/glutes to relieve my calves of the duty.

Canio & Jenn, are you guys guilty of pointing out military-related discrepancies in movies? Hulky does this a lot (more with fighting & guns than anything else). "He's holding that wrong." "That badge is not for that job?" "That is a not a real rank in the Army!" "He would have gotten shot in the head if he'd done that in real life." I don't mind it, I learn quite a bit, but it can be distracting .
    Yes. Pisses Brad off. He hates watching military based movies with me.

RE: Hulky and his illness. If it's walking pneumonia or they suspect walking pneumonia, they'll do a chest xray to confirm. Have him check with his insurance about his xray benefits too.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 05-31-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    But it's not people. That's no fun

That's a good point on motivation. Maybe that's my problem right now. I am healthy enough that I could push myself some, but I'm finding myself not bothering. I guess a year of not being able to does make it something of a habit.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you need to paste little notes around your apartment. "I am confident" "I am motivated" "I am worthy" ???? One time my doctor suggested I do a nightly "mantra" of things that I wanted to change about myself. She said every night, or every morning - either one - recite the same thing. The power of the mind to change itself is pretty powerful! You can write it out and read it until you have it memorized - but do it everyday.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I do think I'm worthy, now more than ever, but the more I push, the more I shy away from things. I think it's just habit. This kind of idle "I'll keep these things bookmarked in my mind" and keeping them in my periphery seems to work pretty well. I haven't picked up my kettlebell lately, but as long as it's around, I do swing it from time to time. I still work on push-ups sometimes. I think the sporadic exercise that I do works okay for me. I am getting stronger overall from riding my bike and pretty much have the body I want!

Jenn, I think the calf pain was from walking because my legs haven't been sore there from cycling yet. It was probably just compounded by cycling the next day, too. The first time I went out to try to bike to work as a test run, I pushed a lot with my ankles and they were SORE. Based on my thigh growth (and calves), I think I'm pedaling well. I just have to focus on keeping my shoulders down and back, and not lean so much on my hands. This helps keep my core engaged.

---

Last night, I made "pizza sausage". I took a few pork sausages, dumped the rest of the pizza sauce on them (from when I made gluten-free pizza last week, almond & coconut flour crust was meh), then added whatever cheese we had on the fridge. Messy primal, because the cheese was definitely not good quality, but whatever. It was super tasty. I baked it for around 30 min at 350F. I also baked some sausages for the weekend.

This morning, I dumped the rest of the saurkraut (it was a 32 oz jar, but less than half was left), a chopped onion, chopped Granny Smith apple, a few pork chops (with bones), and organic applesauce into the crock pot with salt & pepper. I hope it's tasty! I might try to save some of it for lunches next week, but it's all for me because Hulky doesn't like sweet stuff with dinner things. He made himself a pizza last night (bought dough at a local pizza place, actually got it for free this time b/c they are super nice) so that's his lunch today. I've got leftover pizza sausage.

We put the AC in the window last night. I don't think we'll need it by next week, but at least it's clean & ready. We disassembled it and wiped out as much dirt and mold as we could. I was not too congested this AM so I guess we did a good job (I have a mold allergy). I'll have to rub some orange peels on the door and threshold to the computer room because Fae goes in and out of the room during the night usually. We'll have to keep her out because I don't want to be woken up multiple times to open the door for her.

Hulky scheduled a vet appointment for Fae next week. We're about a month overdue on her rabies vaccine. I don't think she's going to come in any less than last year's weight, 12.5 lbs. She gained and lost weight over the past year, but I don't think she's lighter than what she joined us as. Oh well, she seems healthy and happy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

zulily | Daily deals for moms, babies and kids
    Zulily has some VFF's and Injini socks on sale today (if you sign up through that link, you get $5 off your first order [has to be $25 or more, expires in 14 days] and I get $15 credit to use someday when I actually have money )

BTW, Hulky's sister is pregnant with boy #3 (child #4)! Due sometime in October, they originally thought late, but now they think they miscalculated the date of conception and it could be early. I'll officially by their auntie by that time

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member

We put the AC in the window last night. I don't think we'll need it by next week, but at least it's clean & ready. We disassembled it and wiped out as much dirt and mold as we could. I was not too congested this AM so I guess we did a good job (I have a mold allergy). I'll have to rub some orange peels on the door and threshold to the computer room because Fae goes in and out of the room during the night usually. We'll have to keep her out because I don't want to be woken up multiple times to open the door for her.
    Can you hang a heavy blanket in the doorway to trap the cooler air instead of shutting the door? Then she should be able to come and go as she pleases without waking you.

BTW, Hulky's sister is pregnant with boy #3 (child #4)! Due sometime in October, they originally thought late, but now they think they miscalculated the date of conception and it could be early. I'll officially by their auntie by that time
    Congratulations!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good idea Jenn. I am always being awakened by my cat wanting out at 2 or 3 am. She comes in to snuggle at bedtime.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    The relevant "diary entry" starts at 2:22...

The heavy blanket or lined drape door is a good idea.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm... I'll have to see what my parents have. We definitely don't have an adequate blanket for that purpose here. A heavy wool blanket would probably be good, but it would have to be light enough that I could take it above the door frame without leaving noticeably holes (aka. small nails).

HAHAH the kitteehhhss

Fae used to yowl somewhere in the apartment in the middle of the night. It sounded like she forgot where we were and was lonely. I would yell, "CAT" and she would make a little chirp noise and coming running into the bedroom.