Page 421 of 747 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 7468

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 421

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If you are going to the new GI Joe movie for the plot you are doing something wrong.
    I have no shame in admitting that we went to see it. It was awful, completely unrealistic, but fully of explosions & muscled eye-candy. That is enough for me to enjoy a movie, usually. Sometimes the best ones are awesome BECAUSE they are bad.

Canio & Jenn, are you guys guilty of pointing out military-related discrepancies in movies? Hulky does this a lot (more with fighting & guns than anything else). "He's holding that wrong." "That badge is not for that job?" "That is a not a real rank in the Army!" "He would have gotten shot in the head if he'd done that in real life." I don't mind it, I learn quite a bit, but it can be distracting .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I finally saw Looper. They missed a golden Easter egg opportunity with Bruce Willis in the club fight. Instead of what he did say before motherfucker, it should've been "yippee ki yay."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I have no shame in admitting that we went to see it. It was awful, completely unrealistic, but fully of explosions & muscled eye-candy. That is enough for me to enjoy a movie, usually. Sometimes the best ones are awesome BECAUSE they are bad.

Canio & Jenn, are you guys guilty of pointing out military-related discrepancies in movies? Hulky does this a lot (more with fighting & guns than anything else). "He's holding that wrong." "That badge is not for that job?" "That is a not a real rank in the Army!" "He would have gotten shot in the head if he'd done that in real life." I don't mind it, I learn quite a bit, but it can be distracting .
    Oh, I am all about watching it. Just do not go in expecting a great plot. It was like Iron Man 3. I loved it. It was funny and shit blew up. I didn't expect a story.

Yeah, I am that guy, though usually I do it after the movie. It was one of my biggest complaints about the 3rd Hunger Games book. That woman clearly has no idea how wars are fought.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

Geek and I are HORRIBLE with pointing out scientific flaws. "That exploded wrong." "Those chemicals wouldn't produce that result." "That's not how you'd blow up that bridge."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If you are going to the new GI Joe movie for the plot you are doing something wrong.
    Ex-ACTLY. And that's the type worth watching on the big screen. Real plots can wait for the DVD release

Watching The Day After Tomorrow with my dad was funny. "But that's not POSSIBLE!" "Temperatures can't do that!" etc.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

^Hulky does that with science-y things too, mostly biology since he's a Bio major.

These GIF's are thanks to Jenn.

My can won't let me do this, but I try.

Fortunately, she's not QUITE that fat, but this is what it looks like when she flops down for pets/being adorable. We trip over her a lot while cooking.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I critique medical stuff........ not that I'm a nurse or anything close......... but I have enough knowledge from my education and my job experience to now that X doesn't result in Y. Drives hubby nuts! When I watch medical shows I always try to diagnose the problem before they actually reveal the diagnosis! I'm an armchair doctor I guess.

funny cats!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Hulky has been pretty sick this week. He's being pretty whiney about it, so I know he is feeling very bad, but he's not good at explaining how he feels in common "sick" terms. He went back to work today, but asked me to call about making him an appointment. His doctor is no longer available and he has to get a new one because of insurance stuff and the two offices (the one we go to and the associated one that his doc moved to) separating. I spoke to a nurse about the symptoms I've observed and he relayed, she said it sounds like a bad virus and he should not be at work. She said Robitussin DM is best because it will help thin the mucous so he can cough it up, whereas Dayquil will dry it out and it won't go anywhere. Good to know. She said if he feels shortness of breath or chest pain, to go to urgent care or the ER. He said he feels light-headed and wheezing in his chest, but then when I relayed the nurse's info to him (his phone dies frequently and he has no cell reception in his office so he can't keep it plugged in while he talks, so we emailed and I called the doctor for him), he said he feels like he can't take a full breath and that his chest is tight.

Part of me wants to tell him to suck it up. The nurse sounded so convincing and I felt like he will probably be okay, just needs to give it more time. The other part of me feels awful for feeling that way. I have a lot more experience going to doctors than he does. His experiences are mostly surrounding breaks and stitches. Mine are for common ailments and regular check-ups. Doctors are pretty useless for illness, IMO, unless you need antibiotics, and it doesn't sound like he does, so I am ready to accept the nurse's word and tell him to go to sleep, but he keeps falling back on this idea that the doctor might have some answer/solution for him.

Oh, yay, all of his symptoms match Walking Pneumonia. I got a little mad at him when he called when he got out of work because it didn't sound like he was going to call his insurance/the doctor's about his primary care physician moving offices and being covered by his insurance. His track record on that kind of thing isn't awesome, so I think it's reasonable for me to be wary about it, but I should not have gotten so irritated. I think he's going to try to go to the doctor tomorrow.

Haha...yeah...so if you go on the Primal Palate Facebook page and check out the comments for the link to the Soylent instant-food that is being produced, you should spot me making a few comments. And some people bitching at me. And some people agreeing with me! I had fun. I wasn't trying to troll, but my initial response was that the OP's reflections were very close-minded/limited. Part of being primal to ME is expanding my views. I think the soylent project is fascinating, even if the nutritional base could use improvement (I do think their admission that fats are not as awful as most people say is a GREAT indicator for where mainstream nutrition is moving). Imagine what this kind of thing could do for anyone struggling with malnutrition (to aid in recovery). Maybe we should be telling the developers how it could be improved and not that it's THE WORST THING EVAR. That tends to just make folks obstinate.
    http://blog.soylent.me/

I had a revelation this morning about motivation. I think I might blog about it before the week is out. The main point is this: motivation intimidates me. When you spend a lot of years not feeling motivated to do much of anything, when motivation actually occurs, it can be intimidating to the point that you continue to not do anything. At least, that's how it's happened for me. I get excited about new exercises and then don't do them/don't stick with them. I have to remember to take it slow, to research, to allow myself to be comfortable with what I'm doing. I love cycling to work and if that's all I do for exercise right now, that's fine. If I only pick up the kettlebell, that's fine. If I do nothing, that's fine too. I'm fairly healthy, not as broken as I think I am.

Sidenote: Remembered to take the second dose of L-Tyrosine (500 mg) at 1PM. Feeling kinda emotionally mushy today. Will have to keep it up for a few days to see how I feel.