Page 420 of 749 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 7484

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 420

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Happy Alive-a-versary! Biiiiiig (non-lesbian) hug!

You might like some of her other blog posts, too. She doesn't write about nice things, but she writes very well about things that make you think.

I recently had a conversation with a friend and her son (both are older than me) where he noted that he wasn't interested in a bi person because he "didn't like to share." I piped in with the idea that bi was always straight enough for me. The mom said that was TMI. What did I say? I didn't think it was that TMI or I wouldn't have said it.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I recently had a conversation with a friend and her son (both are older than me) where he noted that he wasn't interested in a bi person because he "didn't like to share." I piped in with the idea that bi was always straight enough for me. The mom said that was TMI. What did I say? I didn't think it was that TMI or I wouldn't have said it.
    Wait, what?
    Bi people don't have monogamous relationships!?
    WTF have I been wasting the last 15 years doing then. I've been ROBBED!!!

Heh.

And if they are monogamous with you, how is that "sharing" any more that sharing with any other person who has had other serial monogamous relationships.
    I'm even more confused.
    The way people define things is weird.

Also!
    Enormous Alive-a-versary HUGS to you Tash!!!
    Yeah I'm bi, but it's platonic so it's OK.

And you already know how I feel about the peeps who need everyone to be in their own neat little boxes and need to insult them if they step out of the comfort zone a bit with what they perceive as an inappropriate haircut or some-such. Labeling is for people who lack real understanding IMO. It's shallow. And for someone to be angry about you sharing you feelings about their pigeonholing rudeness just shows that they want to keep you quiet and within the status quo IMO. (See earlier post about how women are taught to 'behave'. Because it's all true, when we step outside of those boundaries we often make people uncomfortable.)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Happy Alive-a-versary! Biiiiiig (non-lesbian) hug!

You might like some of her other blog posts, too. She doesn't write about nice things, but she writes very well about things that make you think.

Definitely would not be able to read more than one article there per day, or every few days. One was heavy enough for today

Definitely not TMI. That's weird. Also the concept of "sharing". Bi isn't poly- necessarily... or is he just talking about checking out people? If someone is in a relationship with another person and they're happy, their gaze on others really shouldn't matter anyway. Hulky and I check out folks together. It's always funny when we chime in at the same time with the same conclusion. "Oh if only she wasn't smoking..." "That girl was really cute!"
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Cori- I know! I really wanted to pipe in with the idea that a bi person doesn't need one of each to be happy- and that straight people sometimes end up sharing, too, but I think that would have totally blown their minds.

Wonder- I spent two days reading her articles and, man, I'm glad I was starting my supps otherwise I would have been a shutin for at least a week rather than just not talking much on those days. She's very heavy.

I have a male friend that I go to the movies with on occasion. I mentioned that we might not want to go to the new Wolverine movie together since I'll be too busy drooling over Hugh Jackman to pay attention to anything else. He said, that's fine, because he'd be doing the same. I adore a straight man that can say stuff like that!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the upcoming alive-aversary!!! I couldn't imagine the forums without you.

In regards to apples, I like Gala best. I like the crispness and they aren't overly sweet.
    Georgette

I have a male friend that I go to the movies with on occasion. I mentioned that we might not want to go to the new Wolverine movie together since I'll be too busy drooling over Hugh Jackman to pay attention to anything else. He said, that's fine, because he'd be doing the same. I adore a straight man that can say stuff like that!
    We may have ogled the hell out of Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson when we saw Fast & Furious 6 over the weekend. Okay, they're both too large for my tastes, but I find them fascinating (and both super handsome).

It's gonna be a hot one today (and tomorrow) ! Fairly humid, high near 90°F! My ride to work this morning was very comfortable, temperature-wise, but my legs had NO energy. I wasn't sore or even really taxed, but I just felt like I couldn't move my legs enough. I made good time, so maybe it was just in my head. At least my legs are not as painfully sore as they were yesterday and Tuesday. My upper calves hurt so badly that they felt like they were about to cramp up! They don't really hurt at all today.

Flooded brook in the park by my office, this morning.

I feel much less tired today, even though I went to bed a little late. Seems like 7.5 hrs is okay, though I'm technically sleeping less than that because I wake up before my alarm. Maybe 7 hrs is my sweet spot. The cat knows as soon as I wake up because she'll start walking all over me (and she is NOT light). Yesterday, she kept biting me because she was hungry. Usually, she just nibbles.

So 150 mg of 5-HTP still seems to be the right amount. I've been taking 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine in the morning, but keep forgetting to take the last 500 mg (to make it 1500) with lunch. I'll bring in some capsules and leave them visible at my desk soon, as I forget them when they're in my backpack.

Hulky is feeling a lot better today, thank goodness.

I made cube steak yesterday (with oven fries). It was thin enough that I really just had to sear each side for a couple of minutes on high heat and they were done. I used salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. It was pretty tasty. I'm glad I bought enough for a few more meals, so there's some in the freezer.

Tonight, I have to get more canned cat food for Fae, more oranges for me, and more potatoes for dinners. I'm sure there are other things we need, but I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible to avoid having to take much out from my savings.

He asked me if the new GI Joe had a decent plot. I couldn't tell him. I was too busy drooling over Dwayne Johnson

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    He asked me if the new GI Joe had a decent plot. I couldn't tell him. I was too busy drooling over Dwayne Johnson
    If you are going to the new GI Joe movie for the plot you are doing something wrong.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony