Page 418 of 739 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 7387

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 418

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ditto. Its a day for and about you and hulky ONLY. If someone makes you uncomfortable they most definitely should not be invited. Don't feel bad about it either.

Yeah on the 5% raise! See - you are doing a good job!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I agree with everything that everyone else has said. This is your day and your decision. Even if they are blood related, you are not obligated to invite them.
    ^This.

^5 on the raise! My 3% off-set the increase in taxes and gave me an extra $2 per pay period, if that helps you determine how it'll affect your salary. 5%... nice! *tinybitjealous* lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    wow - what a lovely ride to work! If I had a ride like that I'd be leaving the car at home too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the raise!

I'm chiming in with everyone else. You're an adult, so you're allowed to have adult opinions. Which includes saying that you don't want them there without having to excuse your choice.

You might like this blog post I ran across. It might be triggering for some, but it's very interesting how she points out the way women are still being trained to defer to others. It sure got me thinking. Another post about rape | Fugitivus
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

May contain triggering material *suicide references*

Everyone turned out okay with the guest list drama. It was really only drama to me, I guess. My dad called last night and opened with a joke about inviting 37 of his former classmates and then so, "No, really, it's your party. Invite who you want!"

That was powerful, E. Thanks. Not really related: we swung by an Arrest Development party with friends on Sunday night (and learned that we don't care too much for the show). I forget how it came up, but a friend made a "dyke" joke, essentially. I was so surprised, I had to have them explain it a little. "You look butch." I just thought, "No...I don't...?" Short hair does not equal butch. Hulky and I make jokes about being gay & lesbian eye-candy (both having been the target of same-gender flirtations), but this was different. I'm not mad that a friend would make a joke about me being a lesbian. I'm not, but it's not insulting to me if someone thought I was. I'm mad that he thought it would be insulting. Apparently now I'm making semi passive-aggressive posts about it on Facebook. Oh well.

It's a good thing I got this raise now. I think I'll get the catch-up pay with my next paycheck [[fingers crossed]]. Hulky stayed home again today. I had to take him out to get cold medicine last night, poor guy. think he can make rent on Saturday. At least I have some savings now. I would hate to have to fall back on them, but the fact that they are there at all is incredibly relieving. Dude needs to stop getting sick!

Saturday is my 9 year alive-a-versary. I don't know what else to call it. It's 9 years since I overdosed on Tylenol PM in a suicide attempt. I didn't recognize it as a suicide attempt for many years, probably not until a few years ago. I want to do something nice for myself this weekend. I've been a bit mushy emotionally lately. Dramatic moments on TV shows make me tear up. It's definitely a hormonal thing because it started when I first tried Vitex. I guess my progesterone levels are better. Perhaps I'll buy us some steaks and asparagus.

Holy Whatever, my legs HURT today. They nearly cramped up last night while I was driving when we went to CVS. I took some Ibuprofen this morning. 6.7 mile walk followed the next day by cycling commute was apparently not wise. Okay, I am probably not eating enough, on top of that. I think I'll go get a crappy breakfast at the cafe downstairs because I'm ravenous right now.

I got more meat last night, including cube steak, which I've never cooked with. My cast iron pans are being stupid again so I hope I can make something decent with this. Tonight, I need to pick up more fruit. I want to try a new type of apples. I like ones that are not absurdly sweet. Suggestions? I like Braeburn, McIntosh, and Gala.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm eternally grateful that failed. I've grown accustomed to having you around. I am happy that out of something so negative, you're able to draw something positive. I have yet to make that connection with a similar point in my past.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am grateful that you have an alive-a-versary to celebrate because getting to know you has enriched my life.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Happy 9 years That is awesome.

As for friends and stupid jokes, eh, wtf are friends for if not making you feel superior by association at times? Also, if it makes you feel better, I've had short hair for years and have never been a lesbian. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just can't pull off the outfits.

Pink Lady apples are supposed to be pleasant, though I think Jazz (scifresh) are the best apples on the market right now. Though, they tend to be sweet, which might not be up your ally. Honeycrisp also tend to be good but sweet. Honestly, I like apples more for their texture (both honeycrisp and jazz are firm apples - not that horrible mealy crap that you get in others) more than the sweetness so perhaps my suggestions are totally off. That said, grab one of each and give them a try.

Edit - cube steak - tends to be very tough. Generally, it is used for country fried steak as it holds up well. I'd suggest doing it in the crock pot with some sort of mushroom gravy...cream of mushroom soup maybe tossed on it - simple if you can find one without added crap.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks guys, love you too. The alive-aversaries get easier every year, but I still remember how hard it was for the first few. Just knowing where my headspace was back then makes me sad, but I am also really glad to be here now. Sometimes it strikes me that I'm 3 years graduated from college and I get really surprised and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    As for friends and stupid jokes, eh, wtf are friends for if not making you feel superior by association at times? Also, if it makes you feel better, I've had short hair for years and have never been a lesbian. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just can't pull off the outfits.
    Haha, now those would be some fun outfits. My dad is always good for hair jokes, having been bald for a good number of years now. If people talk about hair difficulties in front of him, he usually rubs his head and goes, "Oh, yeah, I hate when that happens."

When it comes to the crack about being a lesbian or whatever he said, I guess I am getting increasingly tired of gendered stereotypes. I forget that most other people don't feel that way.

Thanks for the food tips. I definitely like crunchy apples. I'll pick up a few types and see what's what!