Page 417 of 748 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 7474

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 417

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    BO- Oh, my god she really is super perky, isn't she? *cocks shotgun in her general direction*

Wonder- I bet if you dumped whatever kraut you have in the crock pot you could bulk it up with some other veggies
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The meat went bad before I did anything with it. My fault. Pork chops are on my grocery list so I can use up the saurkraut with the Granny Smith apples I just bought.

Awesome news: I haven't had my annual review yet (still nervous about it despite the following information), but my boss sent me a form to submit to HR for my 5% raise Not sure what this will look like on my biweekly timesheets, but at least I know I can rule out my unfounded fear of losing my job anytime soon. I think it's retroactive through this whole month (based on the dates on the form) so my next paycheck will include the catch-up salary

Hulky is home sick today. He woke up with swollen neck glands and feeling like crud. He's missing out on 20 hrs of work this week because he's a temp and the office was closed yesterday. He usually works 10 hrs on Monday and Tuesday. I think he is going to try to make up the hours through the rest of the week, I just hope he lets himself rest today. I made sure he took his allergy meds before I left and gave him a glass of water with 20,000 IU of Vitamin D drops in it.

We walked approximately 6.7 miles yesterday, calculated on Google maps when we returned. I was struggling during most of the return trip, but made an effort not to whine, as that tends to make me feel worse. My feet were pretty sore. I wore my Merrell's and alternated between heel and toe strike. The back of my legs just above my knees is sore today. I suggested to Hulky that if we can keep walking regularly this year, with occasional long trips, I might like to do the Walk for Hunger next year. I guess there are other walks I could get involved with, but I think that's the longest. The full thing is 20 miles. The Buddy Walk is more near and dear to me, but is not very long

I yawned a bit on my ride in today. I didn't sleep well last night, woke up several times, so that's probably why. Otherwise, my ride went great! I shaved a couple minutes off and generally feel good.

I stuck with 100 mg of 5-HTP over the weekend, but didn't sleep that well and had some evening anxiety. I think I'll go back to 150 mg (larger dose at dinner, other dose at bedtime) and try 1500 mg of L-Tyrosine (split into two doses, one in AM and one at lunch). That much L-Tyrosine gave me the jitters when I first tried it in late 2011, but maybe I didn't have the ratio right.

I remembered to take my B-complex this morning, but not the brazil nuts. I'm going to try to make that a morning thing, otherwise I'll forget. Clearly, it's going to take some effort to remember. Maybe after work would be better? I don't know.

My gut has been behaving lately, aside from understandable bloating in response to foods I know won't sit well with me anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I could use some thoughts from anyone who cares to comment.

In chatting about the engagement party with my folks and Hulky's on Sunday, my mom asked about having some of my dad's college buddies (my "uncles") at the engagement party. I said "We can talk about it." I called her yesterday after talking to Hulky about it. Basically, I'm not comfortable with any of them coming. Well, most of them. There's two that make me uncomfortable (they're a couple) and have for a long time. I don't want to deal with that and the stress that would occur with having them at my engagement party. I have a right to be selfish, right? There's another, he's the one who said I was "defaced" at last year's Easter party. That comment strained my relationship with my dad. We never spoke about it and things kind of resolved as time went on. I feel very strongly that I do not want this guy at the party. The last uncle is one that I feel completely indifferent about. It would not matter to me if he was there or not. These are all people who have been around me for my entire life, for dinners and parties. My dad didn't say anything about them being there, it was my mom who broached the subject.

When I spoke to my mom yesterday, it sounded like she was getting upset at one point, saying something about her "not having any childhood friends to invite". I started off with "I'd rather not because they won't be invited to the wedding", but was forced to progress to "I would be personally uncomfortable having most of them there." She said I should talk to my dad about it. It sounds to me like she cares the most out of anybody. I'm fairly certain my dad would be fine with it and that I don't have to explain (I sure as hell don't want to hurt his feelings because I don't care for his friends).

I guess there's nothing to say really. I need to talk to my dad. If he is insistent about it (can't imagine that he would be, he's pretty passive most of the time), Hulky is 100% ready to make the engagement party/surprise wedding happen elsewhere. That hurts to think about and I hate to think of making my mom sad, but I'm also hurt that me saying "this makes me uncomfortable" is not enough for her to back off. That is one of the reasons why I love Hulky's family. If he didn't want something, they would not push it, and they would not ask why.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I support you in this. This is your wedding and your special time. No woman should ever have to entertain or be around anyone who makes her feel uncomfortable, whether that person is a relative or friend of the family.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    I support you in this. This is your wedding and your special time. No woman should ever have to entertain anyone who makes her feel uncomfortable, whether that person is a relative or friend.
    Exactly. Your parents can invite their friends to whatever function is honoring them. This is your and Hulky's day. Who you invite is your business.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Exactly. Your parents can invite their friends to whatever function is honoring them. This is your and Hulky's day. Who you invite is your business.

BOOM!
    This.

If those people make you feel uncomfortable your parents need to respect that AT LEAST for your engagement/wedding, which is a social situation that is about and for you, not them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    ITA the "Uncles" do not belong. It sounds like you have already decided on the right course of action.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I agree with everything that everyone else has said. This is your day and your decision. Even if they are blood related, you are not obligated to invite them.
    Georgette

Thanks, friends. I feel a little pathetic, but I realize it's not my fault. I have spent a large part of my life feeling like I don't deserve things and I was thrown off by my mom's insistence. I am happy that I have Hulky and my friends to back me up when my family does not.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I call bullshit on your mama. It's y'all's farking party/ wedding. There is no point in having anyone there that you don't want there. This is one of those cases where you are every inch in the right and your mama should back the hell down. You deserve to be happy, most of all on a day like that, and having them there won't help make you happier.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome