Page 415 of 751 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 7501

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 415

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I can't afford classes or videos. The cycling is still plenty difficult and great exercise for me, definitely a mood booster, but I haven't been able to do it much this week because of major thunderstorm threats. So far, no rain today, but it looks bad. Tomorrow says 90% chance, today was 60%.

I only cycled to work consistently for 4 days in a row last week. It is too early to say if that would be enough to rule out the 5-HTP altogther, but I doubt it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    well - you're off to a good start - and KUDO'S for what you're doing! I wouldn't bike in that kind of weather either. I wouldn't think in terms of eliminating the 5-HTP until you are seeing a definite increase in mood and energy. I would LOVE to bike to work - but the last mile is all incline - I'd be a sweatie mess when I got to work! (icky) Biking home would be a breeze though Too bad hubby can't haul me and my bike to work every day - but, that's not an option. Bummer. As far as videos...... Barre3 is only $15 a month for an online subscription. Maybe later when the finances settle down a bit you could look into it if you have the desire.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I think the reason why I continue to write here is not because I need anything to refer back to. I make it a point not to read old posts. This is just about collecting thoughts. Giving myself a daily check-in makes me feel more grounded and ready to process my day.

I took 150 mg of 5-HTP last night, but Hulky didn't come to bed till 11 PM and I had some trouble falling asleep. My legs felt weird to me, like they had poor circulation and were a bit tingly. We did some stretches and I think I fell asleep quickly after that. I woke up kind of groggy. I don't know if it was from the 5-HTP or the later bedtime. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I took 500 mg or 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine this morning, but I feel like it helped me get my brain together once I got to work. It takes more than 30 minutes to kick in, as far as I can tell.

I was a bit busy for the first couple hours at work and then I found a nice PM from someone, and now I feel very positive. Being busy at work has practically the same effect as riding my bike.

I think I will print out a chart and tape it up in my pantry with a pen so I can write down my nightly doses of 5-HTP and morning doses of L-Tyrosine. I just want to make sure I'm taking the same amount for a little while (a week maybe), so I can reassess. I think I want to experiment with 100 mg of 5-HTP and 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine. Someone mentioned here on MDA that there is a particular ratio of 5-HTP to L-Tyrosine that one should take, but now I can't remember what it was.

I made banana bread last night from this recipe. I used chocolate chips, no nuts. Quite tasty! It's a bit loose because I had to use a small pyrex dish instead of a loaf pan. Hulky made us pancakes for dinner (he said, "Do you want pancakes for dinner?" and I just hugged him). He's having a rough week at work and with the anxiety I've been trying to quell, it was a welcome reprieve. Unfortunately, that's the last of my Pamela's baking mix! It's $17 on Vitacost, absolutely worth it, but not right now when I have to be really careful with my account. No more weekend pancakes for now .

But we are totally seeing the Fast & Furious 6 matinee tomorrow.

My parents are hosting a cook-out with Hulky's folks on Sunday so we can chat engagement party plans. Yay! Lamb kebabs mmmm
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 05-24-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like fun!

I too take l tyrosine and 5 htp. Currently 1500 l-T. and 1005htp. Would be interested in the ratio.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    My night night pills - as I call them have:

3 mg Melatonin
    40 mg Glycine
    50 mg L-Theanine
    100 mg Valerian Root
    100 mg GABA

I take 1.5 about 45 minutes before bedtime. Puts me out!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I don't need any "extra" help falling asleep (but I took Melatonin once and could've slept for 10 hrs!). 5-HTP does it for me, which tells me that if my serotonin levels/receptors ever get straightened out, I won't need the 5-HTP for depression OR as a sleep-aid. Something about my legs was just really distracting last night.

P, this is what mentioned the ratio. I think the user tigerfire (or is it firetiger?) posted this on her journal. Safe Use of 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine I am going to listen to that presentation this weekend, if I remember. I'm hoping 100 mg of 5-HTP and 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine will go well together for me, as that fits the ratio.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. I may try to drop one of the l-T doses to improve the ratio and see if I notice any difference.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    You could make pancakes using cream cheese and eggs, and add coconut flour to thicken. That's how I make them. Cream cheese is maybe $2 a brick, eggs are cheap, and you only use like 2 tbsp of coconut flour so it'll last forever!

8 oz full fat cream cheese
    8 large eggs
    vanilla to taste
    as much coconut flour as you need to get the batter to your desired consistency (for me that's 8-10 tsp).

Add flour slowly (like 6 tsp, let sit a bit, then add more if needed) as the flour will start to soak up the moisture and will thicken as it stands.

Makes 16 pancakes.

YUM YUM YUM!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think that might be too dairy intensive to me, but I definitely want to try it eventually. Hulky liked Pamela's gluten-free baking mix because it wasn't TOO different from regular pancakes. "Pancakes" that are only pancakes in form and name, not texture or taste, are not very enjoyable to him. Same with all other primal knock-offs. I think he liked the banana bread I made, which required 4 eggs, 1/2 cup coconut flour, and 1/2 cup of almond flour (for the basic structure, plus butter and baking soda and whatnot). It's not as bready as regular banana bread, I can tell that the eggs make up a fair amount of the structure, but whatever, it was fucking delicious.

I kind of wish I'd left out the chocolate chips, surprisingly. I love chocolate chips in nearly anything, but they kind of distract from the banananessocity.

How big do you make your pancakes to get 16?!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    OH! I forgot the baking powder! I use a heaping teaspoon of baking powder so they get fluffy.

Brad LOVES these with homemade whipped cream and strawberries. You can even make them "crepe" style by leaving out the coconut flour.

My kids devour these and when I'm not doing a Whole30 they ask for them every Sat/Sun.

To answer your question, they're about 4-6 inches in diameter using that recipe. One batch feeds both my kids and me and my husband (and Brad can pack away the pancakes, let me tell ya! Oy!)

Brad's like Hulky in the whole texture thing, but he likes them. I think Hulky should give them a try.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)