Page 414 of 677 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6766

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 414

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Cori, it's been in the 50's and 60's in the mornings lately, which means the apartment is probably that cold as well. I haven't had the spare $$ to get any cultures or kefir grains (not high on the priority list during the months I do have the $$). My yogurt is made with one of the big brand yogurts as a starter. I forget which one, but I went with the one that had the most live active cultures. Even the fanciest of shmanciest yogurts at Whole Foods only had like 3 bacteria types. The big brand had 4 or 5. The only kefir I've tried so far is not from whole milk. I wonder if some "ethnic" stores would carry it.

We pick up the license tomorrow (could've gotten it Monday, but didn't think of it while I was home) after work. I am going to give it it's very own drawer somewhere so it is safe and doesn't get lost before July 13th.

AH WTF HOW DID WE GET TO 45 DAYS TILL THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh, Hulky picked up the license today because he's out of work really early on Wednesdays and Thursdays

We can sign it at any time (I thought we had to wait until the date we put on the notice of intent)... but I want to wait until Chip's officiant certificate comes in so we can be sure it's totally official.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it odd the different rules and regs for things like this - state to state is all different. In Oregon, you apply for a marriage license, (up to 3 months prior, but absolutely 3 days before) then you get the packet with stuff you'll need for SS change. You don't sign the marriage certificate until the wedding ceremony has been performed - then you must sign with 2 witnesses. The person officiating must also sign - then the signed documents (less the SS papers) are filed with the county court house and you're official marriage license with county stamp is mailed back to you. At that point you can go to SS and apply for name change. You have 30 days to change car registrations and such after that. Not sure what the fee's are - its been a long time since I did all that fun stuff!

I was thinking maybe you could find the same dress at another store - if you can find it online it might also be available in the store (obviously not Target though).

How exciting - I don't know how you're keeping this all a secret!!! I couldn't do it........... I'd be telling my best friend, then my sisters, then everyone!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Here in TX, you can't pick up the license until 72 hours before. Once you've said the magic words (you hafta say, even if in ASL, some version of "I do" and the officiant has to say some version of "By the authority vested in me by [blahblahblah] and the state of Texas, I now pronounce you man and wife,) then you can sign it, together with the officiant. No witnesses necessary. Take it or mail it back to the courthouse, they sign it and mail it or give it back. You then have between 10 and 30 days to file all the name change paperwork, or fees apply.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    By the way, sent you a PM, Tasha.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm not sure what the time period is for the name change stuff. I'll ask when we bring the certificate back in. You can get apply for license (aka. sign the notice of intent) anytime within 60 days of your wedding date, but the actual license that you get has no reference to dates. You fill that in yourself, so technically, we can have Chip sign it at any time now. The only date reference is that it's not valid after July 15 (the Monday after the wedding date we put down). There's a 3 day waiting period btwn filing the notice of intent and picking up the license, which can be waived under special circumstances, but I think you need a judge to do that. Anyway, it's pretty simple. I guess Hulky said the clerk told him that only two copies of the marriage license should be needed, as anyone that I mail it to will likely mail at back. That saves a bit of money. I'll still need at least $75 for the RMV stuff.

Tomi, I've been looking for this kind of dress for ages and Target's version is the cheapest I've found. It would be even cheaper than making it myself, since it requires quite a large # of yardage for the wrapping straps.

As for my daily check-in, I don't feel like saying much right now. I woke up pretty anxious. I don't remember how much 5-HTP I took last night. I know I took my last capsule before bed, but I don't remember if I took 50 mg or 100 mg when I got home. I took 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine this morning and I think it's helping minimally. I also remembered to take my B-complex and I took some Vitamin B12 drops under my tongue for the hell of it. I don't think I really need it. I'll make sure to take a total of 150 mg of 5-HTP tonight and have L-Tyrosine with me in the morning. I'll start with one capsule (500 mg) and go from there.

I'm very proud of how I handled my anxiety. Hulky woke up in a bad mood and was a bit difficult to be around. I kept my own frustrations to myself, mentally gnashed my teeth and pulled my hair. He admitted that he really needs a day off while he was driving me to work (crummy weather for the rest of the week ) and I let him rant. I hope his day goes well/quickly. We both have Monday off!

I am absolutely certain that this morning's anxiety is a direct result of the ice cream I ate last night . Oh well, it was delicious! I am not as okay with dairy as I'd hoped, but maybe it's just from two days in a row. Lots of gas last night and this morning, but I feel like it passes quicker in the morning than it used to. Heh, passing gas.

Hulky is teasing me. He told me he knows what he's doing for my birthday. I think he also bought me a Fallout 3 sweatshirt, which is AWESOME. I don't think I'll ever get over my love for graphic tees. When I say graphic, I mean t-shirts with a graphic (design), not explicit/inappropriate . I do need to branch out from black, however. It's very convenient, but I want to wear more colors. Most of my t-shirts are black (and nerdy, or from a concert), but almost all of my other shirts (work shirts, dressier shirts, tank tops) are not.

Hulky's dad pulled the radiator from the Mustang. He believes the hole or whatever can be patched for about $50 at a shop. I don't know if I can afford to take it in after tomorrow's paycheck, but at least there's an end in sight. I think we can take it for inspection after that, though I can't remember if there's other major issues at this point. Sigh.

My check is in the mail today for a replacement title for the scooter. Pissed that I have to get one, but I can't find the original anywhere. At least I know where the Mustang title is.

Nameless Wonders: Hello, I'm alive. Have a post.
    Slow morning. Have a blog post.

Bad mood kicked in earlier. Feeling frustrated with everything that crosses my path. My reheated pork chop & rice smells like ass to me right now, something that has been occurring more and more with any meat lately. It might just be the mood thing. I had an aversion to meat for a little while in my teens, when I was depressed, too. I became a vegetarian for a year. I have no idea what I ate. It wasn't junk food. I think I starved myself, accidentally.

I keep having these flitting thoughts of "I hate everyone/thing". That is frustrating too. I kind of want to punch things. I have a few things I need to do at work and as much as I am glad I will be busy, I also want to blow everything off because I need to work on multiple things at once.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    besides biking to work on occasion are you getting any kind of regular exercise? That is definitely a good depression fighter. Maybe a martial arts class? You and hulky could join together? how much fun would that be???? Naturally boosting your feel good brain chemicals is far better than taking pills to do it .......... or, it might take a combo of both???

You could go to barre3 Fitness | barre Fitness Studios | barre3 and check out the videos. Its fun and easy - and no class to attend. You do it at your own pace on your own schedule. I'm really enjoying it - and I'm seeing fast results! I'm doing things that I definitely wouldn't be doing on my own --- planks and lunges especially.

Hope you feel better................ {skwinches!!!}
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.