Page 413 of 741 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 7401

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 413

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    You give Hulky the Dutch Oven?
    what is the point of getting married if she didn't?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It wasn't that bad, but it did save itself for the car ride to work The bark was worse than the bite, so to speak.

I don't know what my deal is with dairy now. It seems like my dairy tolerance is slowly returning. I don't know if it'll ever be like it was (no issues whatsoever aside from a little phlegm), but we'll see. Yogurt seems to be tolerable, which I am SO PLEASED about. Unfortunately, both my parents and Hulky's parents like it AND I want to eat it all. It's cheaper to make my own (2 quarts for $4-5, for milk, & starter yogurt if needed) than to buy the quality quarts, but it's still quite a bit of effort to get prepped. Perhaps I'll look into those mesophilic yogurts Cori mentioned. Stir and set sounds quite nice. It would have to wait for the summer, since our apartment is still quite cool most of the time. Yogurt and fruit for breakfast would be amazing and I could probably transport that fairly easily to work.

I bought those damn digestive enzymes and KEEP FORGETTING TO USE THEM. I don't think they'll help much with dairy (Lactaid never helped), but I need to remember to have them with dinner, which is very starch and protein heavy. I want to know that I am doing all that I can to ensure decent digestion. I know eating ice cream is not necessarily going to help, but that's for my sanity and I need that too.

In other news, my mood is SO much better right now than it was last night. I just hope I don't crash tonight again. Adding L-Tyrosine may be the answer, for now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on getting your marriage license. Perhaps you should celebrate by giving Hulky a Dutch oven?
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Congrats on getting your marriage license. Perhaps you should celebrate by giving Hulky a Dutch oven?
    Hahahhaha

That reminds me (giving gifts reminded me, not the farting), he asked what I want to do for my birthday next month. I have no idea. I told him I think I'd like to go dancing, but I'm not sure. I had the sudden desire to go out to a club with him last weekend, but I'm not sure I'd really have fun. We've had fun doing this a few times in the past, but I don't last that long and I'd want to drink, but there's not much I can have that doesn't have a swelling effect on my toes. That would not help with the whole being on my feet aspect of dancing.

I think maybe I'd like him to organize for us to go out to dinner with friends and then go dancing. Not sure how many would want to go clubbing, most of our friends are not very active.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 05-22-2013 at 08:36 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I agree completely. I didn't drop off MDA for a month (or three) because I was tired of you, Pebbles, Geo, Naiad, Jenn, doc...good lord, a lot of you all are cool as hell...and everyone else (I do not want to list 100 names but you cool folks know who you are)..but because of the idiots that congregate on the other forums.

Stick to what works for you, to hell with everyone else, and just hang out here with us cool kids
    YAY! I'm one of the cool kids!!

Obviously, I JUST got caught up on your journal. Lots of activity the last two days. I'm going to look at PHD.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think you're doing the right thing to back away from the fanatics and crazies that will tell you if your eating or doing X then you're sure to die soon! I stay clear of most everything on this forum except for the journals that I subscribe too. As for food choices and plans............. eat what makes you feel good and avoid what makes you feel less that good. Easy. If rice is okay for your system then enjoy it! If the occasional wheat thing doesn't make you feel sick, then go for it. Its you're body - you decide what goes in it!

Congrats on the marriage license! It makes it all more real and concrete to have that little packet in your hands (in Oregon the license comes as a packet, which includes the papers for name changes on SS cards and stuff like that). I sure hope you can find that dress. Have you tried one on - even in a different color to make sure its what you want?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Congrats on the marriage license! It makes it all more real and concrete to have that little packet in your hands (in Oregon the license comes as a packet, which includes the papers for name changes on SS cards and stuff like that). I sure hope you can find that dress. Have you tried one on - even in a different color to make sure its what you want?
    Unfortunately, I think I have to get all the name change stuff together myself. I don't think it's too complicated, just a PITA. I'll have to pay fees for some things, I think, and pay $10 for every official copy of the marriage license. One for passport ($30 + $10), one for SSN ($10), one for registration for the Mustang (must see insurance agent, I think it'll be $25 + $10), and another for updating the Mustang title ($25 + $10).

The dress is only online so I can't try it on.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Huh. I guess Texas is weird. It's assumed that if you marry, your name changes to your husband's, unless you fill out a form saying otherwise. Carries throughout for all forms you'd need to change, except the federal ones.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hey... have you tried whole milk kefir?

It's a meso too... just put it on the counter and let it get thick. LOTS of bugs!!! More kinds than yogurt... but a thinner consistency.
    Yummo drink though... I put some vanilla bean paste in mine and a drop or two of stevia and it's dessert.

How cool is your apartment... you just need like 75* for mesos...
    If you had a place in the house that stays a bit more consistent (70-80 degrees) there are SO many types of mesos you could goof with. They all only take a day to culture. Such fun.
    On top of the refrigerator if it has a top freezer, in a closet with the water heater... places like that where something is running that provides a little pocket of a slightly higher temp.

I soooo can't believe you got your license already.
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    It's exciting.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Huh. I guess Texas is weird. It's assumed that if you marry, your name changes to your husband's, unless you fill out a form saying otherwise. Carries throughout for all forms you'd need to change, except the federal ones.
    There's a spot on the notice of intent that you file before picking up the marriage license for name changes for either party (we did rock paper scissors, Hulky got party A). Once your license is signed and filed and picked up again ($10 per official copy) as a marriage certificate, you use that as proof for various items. Once changed with Social Security (which you need the certificate for), they report it to the IRS, so that's probably the most official capacity, since not everybody has a driver's license or a car.