Page 409 of 762 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 7612

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 409

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Oh yeah, there's a company lunch today because an HR person is visiting. They got sandwiches. I don't want to socialize or pick around the food, so I think I'll take a walk or stay up here. It's gorgeous out today!

BTW, I never reported back on the Zantac. My allergies are progressively getting worse, but the Zantac does seem to reduce the severity of congestion & runny nose. I still sneeze a lot, but it doesn't get me blocked up. The post nasal drip is less aggressive when riding my bike in the morning. I will continue using it, but I have to be consistent about everything (Allegra, Zantac, and neti pot in the morning). I hope the supplements I ordered will help. I also have to use eye drops in the evening. My left eye is the only one affected, but it gets really itchy!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My allergies are rough today. There must be a higher pollen count. I've been using wunderground.com for my forecast checking lately. It's so much more accurate than weather.com. I just removed the weather app from The Weather Channel from my phone. I'm at my computer enough as it is, so I can check online when I need to, or do the old "stick arm out window" routine.

My ride was really difficult this morning! I felt very hungry before I left for work and I wonder if a protein shake or smoothie or some fruit before the ride might've made it easier. I haven't gotten around to eating yet. I'm really tired of eggs so I am desperate to come up with some kind of easily transportable breakfast alternative. My legs are very tired today. Possible factors: not enough glycogen, allergies, haven't biked this much before (today is my 4th day in a row commuting via bike), and/or it's a bit breezy out. I yawned a little on the trip, not getting enough air. I hope my ride home is easier. I still make good time, but I need to leave earlier because I am slow changing once I get to the office.

We had dinner with Hulky's mom last night (after signing our notice of intent sqqquuueeeeee). It was nice to hang out with her. We ordered out and I got sushi and then had some of the pork fried rice, some of my homemade yogurt, and a bit of chocolate. It wasn't until after the chocolate that I noticed I had gas, so I'm not sure if yogurt bothers me anymore. I will have to experiment . Hulky's mom is having a procedure done today for her second brain aneurysm (first was when Hulky was in middle school). Please keep her in your thoughts. I'm going to give her a quart of homemade yogurt, the other goes to my parents. I hope they all enjoy it (I get so nervous

I'm going to start an experiment soon, probably this weekend. I get some kind of fungal growth on my chest every summer. It's these little discolored spots that spread. It tends to happen when you sweat, especially if you don't dry off or don't wear clothes that breathe well. My dad gets it too, and Hulky gets it on his neck. Rubbing Selsen Blue (the shampoo) on my chest in the shower and then rinsing it off works quite well, but I'd like to try a more natural option. The ingredient that gets rid of the fungus, I think, is selenium, so I'm going to start eating 1-3 brazil nuts every day. I may have to turn to topical solutions, but I want to see if increasing my selenium intake makes a difference. I may have Hulky try this too.

New supplement routine (I think this is everything?)
    AM: colostrum ([edit] getting it exchanged b/c I think it went bad), Zantac, Zyrtec, stinging nettle leaf, Threelac
    With every meal: digestive enzymes
    PM: 1 tsp of Inositol with 5-HTP (50mg at dinner, 50mg at bedtime)

I took 100mg of 5-HTP last night and had some nightmares. Weird. I'm going to stick with this dose for a bit and see what happens!

Grocery list for the weekend
    -prolly need more meat, as usual
    -potatoes (sweet & russet)
    -bananaaaassss, oranges, and apples (and avaocados because they're $1 right now!)
    -brazil nuts
    -chocolate chips
    -shortening
    -eggs
    -breakfast things????????

To-do list for the weekend
    -go to local bank to withdraw the balance ($8) and close it after 7 years of inactivity (got it in high school, barely used it, got a new account with Citizens Bank when I went to college & transferred most of the funds out)
    -go to credit union to show them my ID to finalize our accounts
    -make gluten-free chocolate chip pancakes with Hulky!
    -go for a walk somewhere with Hulky
    -laundry
    -get my dad started on the pool opening procedure (shocking the CRAP out of it)
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 05-17-2013 at 08:10 AM.

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

I took 100mg of 5-HTP last night and had some nightmares. Weird. I'm going to stick with this dose for a bit and see what happens!
    I haven't noticed this with it yet just that I am sleeping like a baby & wake up full of energy. I am a really deep sleeper though & rarely wake up during the night.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

Quote Originally Posted by firetiger View Post
    I haven't noticed this with it yet just that I am sleeping like a baby & wake up full of energy. I am a really deep sleeper though & rarely wake up during the night.
    Prozac and Lexapro used to give me nightmares. 5-HTP (over the past year+ that I've taken it) usually just gives me vivid dreams. I never started waking up at night until just before I started taking 5-HTP. My body is odd, haha. When my 5-HTP dose is right, I sleep really well, don't wake up unless I SERIOUSLY need to pee (try not to drink water after 7 so that's not usually a problem), and I wake up pretty easily. Used to spend hours trying to fall asleep and would take me a few to truly wake up.

I felt great today. Lots of energy. Hulky and I did some stuff in the morning, then had gluten-free chocolate chip pancakes and bacon weave for brunch. I had an apple a little while ago, then did some shopping. Now I am super anxious. I asked Hulky if he'd make dinner, but I have no idea when he will and that really bothers me. If I ask when, he'll accuse me of nagging. He is supposed to be taking over laundry duties now and has been putting it off all week. I don't want to remind him again (in case he forgot) because he will likely accuse me of nagging, again.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I get those spots too! I never knew what to do about them, but I'll try Selsen Blue. Glad you're feeling good today. Something that has helped me with chores and getting other people to do chores is FlyLady.com. Lots of good advice there. <3
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

tomi is online now Senior Member
    wondering what the anxiety can be attached to? Remember that gluten free doesn't = grain free. You might try not having any grains at all for a bit - maybe a couple weeks and see if the anxiety is related to eating grains. Or, is there sugar in the mix or in the toppings for the pancakes? Chocolate chips, if the normal ones, have sugar. Sugar is known to cause anxiety in some people.

I really think you can find the source of your anxiety in your diet. Don't mean to be pushy - just throwing it out there.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The anxiety is not related to the pancake mix, I've had them before and not had problems. It's tapioca starch and rice flour and I eat rice almost daily now.

I'm sorting it out, but there's only so much I can figure in one day while I'm in the midst of it. Not like, "Oh hey, I'm anxious!" and then it's done. I have to deal with it and wait for it to pass. Usually that means waiting till the next day. Unfortunately, I had worse anxiety yesterday. It was compounded in the evening by the discovery that my bank account had shrunken considerably over the weekend.

So, I woke up this morning and felt like an extra pile of poop. I'm playing hooky and feeling very guilty about it. Not a good thing to do right before my annual review, I know (well my boss is busy with a conference this week, so I don't know when that's actually going to happen). I think I need to bump the 5-HTP back up to 150mg. I haven't been sleeping well and having bad dreams. I slept in till 11 today.

Today is just about rest and recovery.

Silver lining: Lara bars are super on sale at the local Stop & Shop. $10/10 if I buy individually, or $11.40 for a box of 16! I bought a box of the Cashew Cookie bars. It's going to be hard not to eat them all at once! Hulky had to cover those and a couple other small grocery items because I'll be down to $30 before I get paid on Friday.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Finding the source of troubles of any kind is slow and frustrating! I'm trying to work on the source of my digestive issues. Still struggling with the diarrhea 2-3 times a week. At least it isn't daily anymore. I can't seem to find a source in my diet - so I'm thinking it must be more on a vitamin/mineral level or just plain gut flora. I can't seem to find any food type or food group that causes the problems. Sometimes I'll have diarrhea before I have eaten anything at all. I've taken probiotics in the past and didn't really see an improvement - but I've recently switched my daily vitamin/mineral regimen (changed brands) and I'm hoping it will help. These are supposed to have better absorption and include things that I haven't taken before. I don't get any kind of anxiety anymore - I used to have some but I think healing my adrenals with high doses of B vitamins and some other stuff helped that greatly. Have you looked into adrenal fatigue as a cause for the anxiety? Do you have trouble falling asleep or wake up with feelings of worry and anxiety? I'm not sure what all the symptoms are - but I know I'm lots better since taking the Adrenal Support that I got from the doc. Its worth looking at any and all possible sources.

Don't beat yourself up for needing to stay home today - just try to take it easy and be kind to yourself.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I have looked into adrenal fatigue. I had issues with cortisol last year, but it is not an issue now.

If I take the 5-HTP at the right dose for what I need, I have no issues falling asleep within (guessing) 20 minutes. I wake up fairly easily and can get going in the morning with 8 hrs of sleep. Less screws me over big time, no matter what. Growing up, it would take me literally hours to fall asleep. When I did "sleep", I could stay in bed for over 12 hrs and still be exhausted. This started when I was a toddler, got worse when I was a teen, and improved slightly in my college years. Never figured out exactly what it what, but I'm sure depression was a huge part of it in my teens.

My anxiety doesn't really keep me from sleep except that I will sometimes choose not to go to bed because I am dreading the next day so much. Once I'm in bed, I can fall asleep pretty easily. It's the waking hours that drive me crazy.

I have been meaning to take my B-complex a few times a week and keep forgetting. It's on the counter, but I forget about it because I want to take it with a meal.