Page 407 of 776 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 7759

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 407

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You said you would have more to carry home tonight - thats why I asked about the backpack.

Keep the Target dress in mind - it might get stocked again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My sweatshirt will have to go around my waist, the leggings should fit okay. It's not a huge amount of weight, but I feel like it could easily add up when my legs (and wheels) are my mode of transport!

I've got the dress bookmarked. I'll check back periodically.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You're going to have sexy legs and butt by the end of the summer with all this biking! Hulky won't be able to keep his mind off you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The changes are coming pretty quickly. We are both enjoying them

:thumbup:
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    .♪♫]▓▓║MisguidedGhost║▓▓[♫♪.
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

The Fattest People in Paleo | Paleo Parents
    I have more body fat now than I ever thought I'd want. It's still not that much compared to what people think of as lean, I suppose, but with the muscle I'm gaining, I'm definitely getting that "athletic" look that I wanted. The truth is, I might end up bulking up a bit, and I'm okay with that. I'm also okay with gaining more fat, as long as I'm mobile and healthy. A bit more fat is likely only going to be a good thing for me, especially when it comes to having kids someday.

I am not a prime example for that post. Here I am, maybe 130 lbs at 5'6", complaining about body fat, but that is the whole point. We place way too much emphasis on body fat when the end goal is about fitness and health. Fat people can run, fat people can be beautiful, fat people can be happy. It's all perspective.

It was warm enough this morning that I could've removed my leggings by the time I got to work. The ride home should be very comfortable with just the shorts. My trips are very slowly getting easier and this is only my 4th commute-via-bike day (not consecutively). The first flat stretch goes a lot faster, I have less of a hard time getting up the first hill, and I feel like I recover faster. I had some trouble breathing this morning, however. I was yawning a lot. This may be due to not using the neti pot (didn't have any pre-boiled water).

I had my three hard-boiled eggs this morning and am now eating my banana. I was ravenous when I woke up! I didn't have a sweet potato yesterday, so maybe I was a bit short on calories. It doesn't seem right that one sweet potato is the difference between ravenous and normal hunger, so I am probably short on calories in general. Breakfast could be better, I think. Bringing a smoothie to work would be awesome, but I will have to plan ahead to have the fruit on hand. I'm not good at that and money is going to be very tight this month. Hulky is in the midst of chewing out Verizon for not billing him properly, AGAIN. He tried to pay the bill about 5 times and it apparently never went through. This is not the first time this has happened. I doubt they'll reduce the amount owed, but that would be the ideal solution. We don't want to switch carriers, as Verizon Fios has the fastest connection around here.

I am doing squats again, and failing. I guess I'll work my way back up to 20 back-to-wall squats and then try facing the wall again =\. I tip backwards before I can lower down very far. Hulky's knees are hurting from doing squats. His form was apparently good when he showed the chiropractor, but I wonder if he's doing something wrong/different when at home. Maybe it's just inflammation, but I doubt I could get him to go gluten-free for a week or two to find out.

I'm feeling very frustrated about some work things right now. People are not communicating with me after I've asked them to be more communicative. Don't complain if you aren't going to help me help you! I'm really not good at being content with not being in control of everything. Biking after work is such a great way to start winding down. It really clears my head from any stress. Of course, I'm stuck trying to fight with the desire to relax and the need to make food when I get home, but I'll get used to it.

Today, my graphically-inclined co-worker is going to take a look at our wedding announcements with me. I am excited to see what he's come up with!

I've done some research on what reading I'd like my godfather to read at the wedding. The only thing I really seem to like is Shakespeare's Sonnet 116. I had to learn it one year in a high school drama class (I took it all 4 years) and we had to make up our own presentations of it. Mine was a mother educating her daughter in real love after the daughter was getting distracted by a photo of a crush while they were trying to wash & dry dishes. I can remember most of the sonnet without prompting, 7-9 years since I learned it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I know I can still quote, nearly perfectly, sections of Mathew Blake's Proverbs of Hell, from when I did Poetry for UIL back in high school over a decade ago.
    (Looking back at the small towns we tended to go to practice meets in, it's no wonder why I never made it to second round.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love the infinity dress! I hope you can get it in aqua.

I used to have a hard time doing deep squats until my chiropractor gave me a tip. She told me to do them barefoot if I could (I use my VFFs) and to spread my legs to shoulder width apart (or wider to do sumo squats) with the toes pointed slightly outward (like at a 30 degree or so angle - this helps your knees track out instead of in), distribute my weight evenly across my feet (this helps you keep your balance), and to "grip" the floor with my toes. She told me to put my hands on my shoulders (like if you were holding a barbell) to ensure my chest was up (I tend to bend over when I do squats instead of keeping my body upright). Squat down past parallel (butt lower than knees) and push back up. I'm a bit wobbly for the first two squats as I get my balance about me, so I do 12 reps so I have 10 good reps. when you push up, squeeze the butt and thighs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeap, that's what I try to do, but my feet lift off the ground (I cannot keep them there unless someone were to hold them down) before I get close to parallel. I'll just have to work on them in intervals until I can get lower.