Page 405 of 747 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 7467

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 405

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    My mood was better last night. I got everything I wanted to do done, including buzzing Hulky's head finally. He looks so good especially with the light beard he has right now. It SERIOUSLY made me want to buzz my head, though! I know most people will say, "Don't do it!" This isn't a poll, I'm just thinking "out loud." One the one hand, buzzing my head is free, would be easy to do & I could trim around my ears myself, but it might look awful on me and I don't know if it would be at a decent length by the time of the engagement party. It's just two days over 2 months away. 2 months of growth would be about an inch. The longest buzzer attachment we have is 3/4" and I know for a fact that my hair sticks out straight at that length. At ~1 3/4" at the longest places (could get it trimmed/styled a little before the party), I am not sure how awful it might still look =P

I guess I could wait until after the engagement party, but I want to do it nooowwwww. It might also be adorable, even with my tiny head!

I made heroin chicken last night with oven fries. MMMmmmm. I have not eaten my hard boiled eggs yet (did not eat before riding to work, yes I rode my bike!), not really feeling hungry, but wondering if I should.

Looking forward to the ride home tonight! It's fairly humid here today, but it feels good after such a cold winter . We might be going out to dinner with Hulky's family tonight for his mom's birthday. Looking forward to it! If we go to the Mexican place, I will not eat the chips or beans this time, as one of those things seemed to block up the works a little.

Supplements: I went back to 150mg of 5-HTP last night and feel good today. If my mood stays good for the next few days, I might try dropping to 100mg. I took (generic) Zantac with my (generic) Allegra this morning and I used the neti pot. I have a little post nasal drip (might ask my doctor about an anti-histamine spray as Flonase never worked for me), but it's not that bad, and I am sneezing less than yesterday. The sneezing also is not making me feel more congested, so that's good! I placed a Vitacost order this morning, making sure to search for coupons first and I got 10% off my order plus free shipping because it was over $49. I stocked up on 5-HTP again, as well as getting a bunch of stuff for digestion, including digestive enzymes.

Wedding stuff: Hulky approved of my mock-up programs on Vistaprint.com and made some adjustments with me yesterday. Then I asked my co-worker to take a look and they look even BETTER. Then he offered to make custom ones in Adobe Illustrator for us so I sent him the template and will send him the text we want . I think we'll order those next month. I just have to remember to Google "vistaprint coupons" before making my order, as they often have great deals on shipping or price reductions/free prints.

Weekend plans
    -get Mother's Day card for Hulky's mom & mine
    -Help my dad get the chemicals in the pool to start the opening process (it was never "closed" so it's going to be really bad thisyear, loooooots of algae to kill)
    -see if I can get my bike tuned up somewhere before Monday (going to make some calls when places start opening around 10AM to ask about turn around time)
    -get some melon!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm doing online research into buzzing my head. If I had a 1" comb attachment (3/4" is the longest we have, I don't think my parents' set has a longer one either, but I'll check), I think I'd be more comfortable doing it. Seems like the 3 month mark, from the photos I've found, is a more reasonable length than 2 months (till the engagement party). Then again, if I buzz it anything longer than 3/4", that kind of defeats the whole purpose of getting a buzzcut. Hulky looks great with a buzzcut, but his hair doesn't stick up because it's wavy. I'm reading t hat I've have to use some hair paste to keep it from sticking up, which is not appealing to me. Maybe I could use coconut oil

Perhaps just better to go and get a pixie cut this weekend!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I read that blog on depression and was amazed at how well it sums up the entire process from the start of depression through recovery. Great post.

In regards to hair, I've always wanted a buzz cut, but I'm also a fan of the pixie. It's cute and easy to work with.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I think a buzz cut, full on super duper short, like 1/2 or so, is incredibly sexy on women.

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    For all my buddies dealing with mental illness, depression, frustration, feelings of hopelessness or needing a laugh
    Hyperbole and a Half: Depression Part Two
    Because I am all over-emotional and strange right now, this of course nearly made me cry.
    This is the most accurate description of depression & thus, me, that I have ever read...now to find my piece of corn.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

^Good luck! I hope it makes you laugh just as hysterically

Nameless Wonders: Buzz-cut up in hyah
    I did it. I don't feel like I can say "I love it", not sure why, but I do like it a lot.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I like it! I think it highlights your beautiful eyes.

Thanks I am definitely loving the buzz-cut now. Now I know that I can always fall-back to this haircut. After smiling ridiculously (I fell in love with my dimples) in the mirror for a bit (until Hulky scolded me to shower because I was getting hair everywhere), the first thing I noticed was that I looked tired. I think it was just a "first impression" moment because I don't really see it now and I wasn't tired. I'm just getting used to my face. It's kind of incredible how you are forced to do so when that's all there is to look at.

So on the primal side of things: My scalp has been flaking a bit for a while now. Having it so short, it should be easier to find a good treatment method for this. Last night, I scrubbed my face with some baking soda in the shower and then poured what was left over my head with some water. I rubbed it into the top of my head, focusing more towards the front hairline where I've noticed the flakes, then rinsed it out. I could tell my hair was clean, kind of squeaky, and decided not to use any conditioner. In the "no-poo" world, one would use diluted ACV for conditioner, but I didn't have any prepared. After splashing my face with cold water when I got out, my face felt great and my complexion is wonderful today. I have to remember to do this periodically. Anyway, I think cold water would be good for my scalp too (and will be if I dye my hair again), so I'm going to start turning the temperature down in the shower. I hate cold showers, but I'm hoping I can acclimate.

Hulky and I had gluten-free chocolate chip pancakes yesterday. I think it's becoming a weekend tradition. I will have to get more gluten-free flour mix before the end of the month, especially if I make cookies. I'm out of shortening, so I probably won't make any. The chicken in the fridge went bad before I could put it away or use it (today was the sell-by date). I probably could have brought it back to the store, but it wasn't worth stinking up the fridge for the day so I chucked it. Tonight, dinner will be kind of late, but I'm making ham & potato soup. I have my ham bone broth ready, just have to add my veg, potato, and milk, heat it, then toss in the chopped up ham. I don't have a lunch for today, but I have the car, so I might pick up some almond butter.

It was a little cool this morning and I got my period (about a week earlier than I expected), so I wussed out on biking. I really can't afford to do that, it makes our commutes so much more complicated. I'm going to have to suck it up tomorrow. My mom bought me new biking gloves, a cycling jacket, and some awesome cycling shorts (totally pass as regular shorts and make my ass look GREAT, not that it isn't already) this weekend! Half of the order goes towards the scooter payment, the other is early birthday present . Unfortunately, none of that stuff will keep me super comfortable on cooler mornings. I really didn't think I'd need a thermal lined jacket until the Fall! Hopefully the jacket will be enough and I'll just have to wear full-length leggings tomorrow.

For Mother's Day, my dad made steaks & baked potatoes. It was just my parents, my brother, and me. My sister couldn't come down because her fiancÚ and she are desperately trying to find new roommates after one bailed without notice. Dinner was great, I had a really nice time and then my brother came over for a little to hang out. A good weekend all around.

My right leg/hip is all out of whack again. I hope cycling this week will help straighten things out. My knee is still scabbed, but no longer hurts, so I'm resuming squats. Unfortunately, my pants are a bit tight from my amazing muscle, so I can't do squats at work anymore.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    The buzz cut should definitely make the no-poo lifestyle easier to get along with.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)