Page 402 of 776 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 7759

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 402

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Interesting on the Zantac. I have year round allergies and I usually get a bad attack every 4 months or so. Almost wonder if that would help?
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on tackling your anxiety (ride to work). You're making great strides! Glad the constipation seems to be clearing up nicely too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Interesting on the Zantac. I have year round allergies and I usually get a bad attack every 4 months or so. Almost wonder if that would help?
    Yeah, I looked sideways at my uncle(the professional has allergies guy) who suggested it at first too... Then I googled it up and found that it's in the same family of drugs, and asked my pharmacist uncles who agreed it's a great booster for some other allergy meds because it then covers two pathways. Just not very good at allergies on it's own, which is why it's not marketed as such.

I use it as a stack when needed and it has gotten me through some touch times, and bad reactions... like full on hives... when Benedryl wasn't even touching them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Cori. I'll look into into that. I know right now, I have an awful time with sore throat from my allergies and I'm even on Flonase for them.
    Georgette

The dreaded PND.

I have to really control allergies including the residual PND or I'll end up with horrible allergic bronchitis.
    I do know the feel.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I use Omnaris prescribed by my ENT. It works pretty well for my allergies, and I think has a touch of steroid in it to reduce swelling of the nasal passages. It's the only thing that makes it possible for me to blow all that crap out of my sinuses, preventing surgery. Last year a CT scan showed my sinuses were completely packed with gunk. Once the omnaris started reducing the inflammation, a bunch of green gunk started coming out and the headaches went away. I was a happy happy girl.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

To be fair I also neti pot and use Sinus Buster in addition to allergy meds.
    Sinus Buster really opens things up!
    (reminds me, I need to try the new formula "Sinus Plumber" with added horseradish)

Neti/keeping the spores rinsed out helps too IMO.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Hurray, Hurray for Wonder! You are taking giant steps.

Would you tell me what effects you found specifically from colustrum. Dick has a hardening of the skin at the base of his firht index finger, caused by nothing that we can identify.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Would you tell me what effects you found specifically from colustrum. Dick has a hardening of the skin at the base of his firht index finger, caused by nothing that we can identify.
    That sounds pretty odd. Obviously callous is the first thought, but a cause would likely become apparent pretty quickly. A dermotologist could probably identify it pretty easily. My experience with colostrum was improved bowel function and hydrated skin. I struggled with dry skin on my arms, legs, and hands when I ate grains and refined sugar regularly. It improved when I went primal, then got worse when my gut function went to hell.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I am in some kind of funk. I started to feel worse and worse last night. Incredibly anxious, irritable, sad. I slept in the fluffy bed because Hulky stayed up a little later playing video games and I couldn't stop thinking about the laundry he wasn't picking up from my parents' house. I thought I slept well, aside from getting a bit stuffed up from allergies, but I woke up and felt exhausted and depressed. My gut wasn't happy with me yesterday and I went to the bathroom too many times. Maybe it was too much halvah. I know too much almond butter tends to have that effect on me.

I had hardboiled eggs for breakfast this morning. Was too lazy to put salt on them, which was regretful. I'll definitely boil some eggs over the weekend to prepare for biking next week. I might be able to bike on Friday this week, but the forecast hasn't looked good. I'm glad to have a day of rest after yesterday, my legs were tired on the stairs this morning, but that might have more to do with my apparent poor sleep than exercise.

Hulky drove me in to work and will pick me up tonight. His work schedule is 10 hrs, 10 hrs, 6 hrs, 6 hrs, 8 hrs, for the week. Too bad Friday isn't a shorter day! He'll be hanging out with me for my last 1/2 hr of work. I hope I can look sufficiently busy while he's here. We'll have to do this again tomorrow because of the rain. On longer days, I'll drop him off and pick him up, instead, since I'll have more time from the end of my day till his shift is over.

My knee hurts a bit more today than yesterday. I didn't even look at it this morning, but I suspect it's from the scabs & fresh skin getting pulled/broken when I bend my leg. I want to be able to squat! I can tell my shoulders are getting pulled forward from the cycling & sitting at the computer all day.

A co-worker is moving to CA soon to a new office in Costa Mesa. I'm pretty jealous.

I keep getting cravings for coffee this week. I might have some decaf with a bit of half and half. I think I just want something warm and...savory? Not sweet. Hot chocolate just makes me think of getting a stomach ache or phlegmy throat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).