Page 401 of 768 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 7678

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 401

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Go NW!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I feel like I'm on a high from this accomplishment. Of course, I still need to get back after work, and it looks like I won't be able to bike the rest of the week due to thunderstorms...but still! I am all that is woman!

Not really.

And I feel great about my body lately. Wearing a dress to work certainly doesn't hurt . I can't wait for my knee to heal up a little more so I can resume my squats and push-ups. It's doing much better today, I can bend it more and it doesn't hurt as much from the healing skin tearing. If only I could spare the $20 for a haircut!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    With the money you save by biking instead of driving you should be able to save up for a hair cut in a week or so! GOOD JOB on the biking to work! This has been such a point of anxiety for you I am so proud to see that you have mastered this challenge! YOU ARE WOMAN!!! YEAH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

True about the money saving! I get paid on Friday so maybe I will get a trim this weekend . Hulky is due for a trim too, but he's getting a buzzcut at home because the chain we go to is not worth the $20 (that's including tip) for a haircut that sucks. The last one he got was really awful. It takes way too long, but I can give him a decent cut with scissors. Maybe we'll do that before the engagement party.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    buy a cheap clipper and give him a buzz cut at home. Nothing to it! You can get a pretty decent clipper for about $20. And after that the haircut it FREE!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Haha, yes, that's what I said I'm doing . We have a clipper already. I was just saying, I can do a decent scissor cut on him, it just takes a long time (but looks better than a buzzcut, IMO).

Other positive things: I should be able to afford all of the supplements I wanted to get this month. I am nervous about placing the order though, in case something happens and I need that money.

My skin is finally not being all crazy dry and my nails have stopped peeling. I completely chock this up to gut health.

One slight bummer: Pollen is AWFUL this year. I'm going to try taking Allegra and Claritin. My mom said my brother is on Zyrtec and Claritin.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My doctor said to not take Claritin. Said it only covers about 10% if what the general population is allergic to. What he suggested for me is every 2 months, switch between Zyrtec and Allegra. This way you don't build an immunity to either and they continue to work for you. I also take Benadryl at night if they really bother me. The pollen has been really bad this year here.
    Georgette

I just switched from Zyrtec to Allegra. I've definitely heard about switching regularly so I will do that, but Zyrtec had stopped working for me and now the pollen is too much for Allegra to handle. I'm using allergy drops in my eyes in the morning, but still sneezing a bit and my nose is getting gunky. The neti pot only clears things up for a little, and that doesn't really matter now that I'm biking to work. Getting outside that much kind of instantly gunkifies.

Benadryl makes me super groggy the next day so I can't take it at all . I'm going to get stinginess nettle leaf supplements with my next Vitacost order. I've read that, after a little while, it can be effective for allergy relief. It's pretty cheap.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    A hint on Zyrtec(cetirizine) or Allegra(fexofenadine)... if it usually works for you, but then it doesn't when the pollen count gets really high... use it in combination with Zantac(ranitidine).

Yes... I know that Zantac is marketed more for acid reflux/ulcers/GERD... BUT, its actually a histamine H2 reception antagonist and stacking them is great for allergic reactions even hives or during a really severe pollen week.
    I have a uncle who is basically a professional at being allergic... he's been giving himself shots since middle school, and two uncles(twins) who are pharmacists in hospitals.

For me it depends on the time of year and the reaction I'm having as to which antihistamine works best.
    Allegra(fexofenadine)- H1 receptor antagonist
    Claritin(loratidine)- H1 histamine antagonist
    Zyrtec(cetirizine)- H1 receptor inverse agonist
    Zantac(ranitidine)- histamine H2 receptor antagonist

Sometimes Claritin works best for me, sometimes not at all, but I certainly don't like sticking to one all the time. It'll make it useless.
    It's also good to read up on them... some aren't good for people who don't react well to other meds.
    Oh, and I HATEHATEHATE benedryl.
    Benedryl is for emergency use only in my house.
    It knocks me out, makes me have bad dreams, and when I wake up 12-14 hours later I feel somewhere between "I've lost 3 days of my life to a drinking binge" and just plain run over by a truck. Blehhhhhhh. Worse than the allergy itself sometimes, so unless it's an airway issue, NO Bene!
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-07-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

oooo nice. I will check it out! I have pollen allergies allllll throughout the live seasons, plus dust and mold, so basically all year round. Ragweed season is especially bad for me.

Zyrtec was my go-to last year and was keeping away the sneezing that started early this year, but now it's not doing much. Nose gunk and post nasal drip has always been a problem no matter what, so I don't know if anything will really help that, but a reduction in mucous production would be excellent. To be completely gross, I nearly choked on post nasal drip while riding my bike last weekend!