Page 400 of 739 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 7388

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 400

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I bought some gauze packs and more hydrogen peroxide last night. They're already open, otherwise I might return them for that! I only have $70 to get me through for the next week and will need that for groceries =\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I always forget that Hulky can help cover these things! He will be covering some grocery costs over the next week. He wants more fruit for breakfast. Part of me is all "Oh noes, sugar for breakfast!" but then I think of how great I feel when I eat fruit and I absolutely want to encourage that for him as well. Hell, maybe I'll eat fruit. Eggs and sausage are great, but haven't been filling for a while now. I need to figure out a good starch source for breakfast. Hash browns? It's gotta be affordable, whatever it is.

Gut stuff: Things are still moving along pretty well. I'm having regular bowel movements once a day. I do still have some bloating and gas. Seems like veggies bother me more than anything else, but starches are okay. Interesting... But then again, I basically eat the same veggies all of the time. This summer's goal is definitely to mix up some of the basic recipes!

Therapy: I spoke to my therapist and I'm off until June 11th! I owe her one check, which I'll send out soon and date for next Friday. She agreed with my consensus that I'm sorting out things on my own now. I like having June 11th as a back-up and I think I will go to it no matter how I'm feeling. Maybe it will just become a monthly check-in for a little while, or maybe Ill stop altogether! I've come a long way in a year. This is the first time I've felt this way about therapy. I feel very optimistic .

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Very glad to hear the optimism about therapy! Kudos to you on a job well done!

If you go the hashbrown route, as a paleo/primal-pusher, I have to say do the sweet potato hash - shred your own sweet potatoes. But, if you're a regular hashbrowns kind of gal, Mr. Dell's brand is perfect for Primal. Gluten free, GMO free, additive free, etc. They're simply potatoes. Nothing more... might not be "organic" in that they could spray the plants (don't know), but the non-gmo thing is a HUGE deal.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    From their website:

Mr. Dell’s takes pride in the fact that our products are 100% natural. No additives are used during processing, only Non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) potatoes are purchased and our products are Gluton-Free. Mr. Dell products and are listed with Celiac Support Groups for people diagnosed with Celiac disease (also known as gluten-sensitive enteropathy) and/or Dermatitis Herpitiformis.

All Natural Shredded Hash Browns | Mr Dells
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Gut stuff: Things are still moving along pretty well. I'm having regular bowel movements once a day. I do still have some bloating and gas. Seems like veggies bother me more than anything else, but starches are okay. Interesting... But then again, I basically eat the same veggies all of the time. This summer's goal is definitely to mix up some of the basic recipes!
    That's wonderful news. Congratulations. You really deserve big contratulations. It's taken a long time.
    Gluten doesn't seem to bother me either but I have to give up what I like most, milk and cream. It's the pits.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    That's really great about the optimism and the ability to slide on the therapy for another month. Good job!! Its always encouraging when we can see our own growth and feel the accomplishments! You must feel pretty good about it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I had not even a whole Black Russian. Booze makes my feet swell up. It's okay though, it's enough to make me feel a little more at ease, but nowhere near drunk or feeling sick. We ordered pizza last night and TMI I had diarrhea this morning. I take that as a good sign! Previously, it didn't matter how badly I ate, I would be just as constipated as before. Yes, I know, I should not have the pizza at all. It wasn't very good, unfortunately. Our favorite pizza place is going downhill (not just my tastebuds, the meat & cheese ratio was awful).

Hulky treated me to Tasty Burger today. I got a gluten-free bun on a cheeseburger. We went out and saw Iron Man 3, which was AWESOME and I sipped on his root beer and ate some popcorn. The popcorn did not make me feel very good and the soda gave me a bit of a dull feeling in my head. I'm ready for more food now, though I wish the popcorn had not made me retain water. My belly is all squishy. Wonder why that happened, as I've never been sensitive to salt like that before. Usually, I can't get enough!

I'm still really emotional lately. There were a few moments in Iron Man that made me feel like crying and I know in the past they would not have. I guess it's hormones.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry about your bike fall, but don't see it as a reason to be embarrassed. That could happen to anyone. If you 'give' your Mom the scooter, claim a higher gift value on your tax forms. You mom will agree of course. Who's to know.

I like the Heart Ring in 18K White Gold.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I got fairly anxious Saturday night (don't remember if we did anything or what I was thinking about) and again yesterday. At my parents' house for Easter, I felt stressed because there were so many people there that know who I am, being daughter of the hosts. I don't remember who these people are and never knew them well. It's uncomfortable for me that they know bits about my life when I know nothing about them. My sister felt the same way, so that was somewhat relieving. In terms of alcohol consumption, I only had some wine and I think that sat better with my toes, but I think I will try a low-sulphite organic wine sometime because I got a headache and I didn't even have an entire small glass-full. I ate plenty of meat & cheese while I was there, also lots of halvah. I got to take the rest home .

I think the anxiety is partially from the wheat I ate this weekend (pizza and gnocchi, because I'm sure "potato gnocchi" is not just potatoes) and from the booze, even though it was just a little. I slept really poorly last night as a result of the anxiety, which was made worse thinking about biking to work. I did try taking a GABA calm and it alleviated that nervous energy, but I still felt crummy. I fought sleep for a while and woke up too early, which resulted in probably less than 6 hours of sleep.

Hulky drove himself in; I went with him and drove to work from there (30 min to his work, 25 back to mine, half of which is just fighting through traffic, it's not that far). I'll have to go pick him up at 6 tonight. I have no idea what traffic is going to be like around that time. We worked out a system so that we can each get to work as I am working on biking. This should allow me to just bike a few times a week to start with, until I am comfortable doing 5 days in a row. I would like to bike to work tomorrow, but it's going to rain later this week. We need that stupid Mustang running so I can take it on off-weather days! I feel so anxious whenever I look at the gas gauge.

Gut stuff: With my gut responding well to the Threelac, I wonder if I should bother with the colostrum, inositol, and l-glutamine. The order I have in my cart on Vitacost is about $50. They should last me at least two months. I will need to get more Threelac next month, which is also around $50. I feel like I should add something to the mix, because I'm not "all better", just better. Bloating is still an issue, even when I eat well. Just not sure what to do to ensure the best recovery without going broke. The inositol should help with 5-HTP absorption (so maybe I can reduce the dose eventually). The L-Glutamine should be good for gut health and muscle recovery while I'm biking. The colostrum seemed to work really well for my constipation and I want to see if it helps with my allergies.

Body: My knee is healing. I thought yesterday that it was getting infected, but it's fine. The skin is healing, so it hurts whenever I move it today as the new skin breaks. I hope it is better tomorrow so biking does not end up being completely painful!

Recipe fun: I think I want to try making gluten-free potato gnocchi. It doesn't look that complicated, but I will need to get rice flour. Hulky and I enjoy exploring H-mart together so perhaps we'll venture there early this weekend (it gets busy so we'll want to beat the rush in the morning).
    Gluten-Free Potato Gnocchi | Serious Eats : Recipes

Wedding stuff: We decided we'll save up and buy our wedding bands when we have our bigger reception in a couple of years. A little sad because I really want to wear a band with my engagement ring to have that little signifier (not that an engagement ring doesn't already say "I'm taken, mofos!"), but it's just not in the cards right now. I don't want to wear a cheaper ring and risk damaging my engagement ring (definitely a downside to having an 18k ring, most I've seen are 14k as it's harder). We told my godfather about the surprise wedding plan, since I'm having him read something during the ceremony. He seemed pretty amused by the plan.

I biked to work today! I'm so proud of myself! I was REALLY nervous about it last night and this morning. I didn't really eat dinner. I had a few pieces of potato gnocchi and more halvaah and a sweet potato. I boiled some eggs before I left this morning (will boil more tonight so I don't have to waste time doing that before leaving for work if I bike again this week) and ate them after I got in. A bit of heartburn. I think that'll go away soon enough as long as I don't continue to eat wheat here and there. I had a couple of cookies after work last night, made me feel reaaallly bad. No more cookies on an empty stomach.

I packed a sweater dress (I mean, I guess it's kind of sweater-y? I don't have a picture of it, but I look damn good in it) to change into and a pair of comfy flats. I need to try washing my Fast Flats so I can leave them at work for biking days. I guess I could leave these here, but I like wearing them on the weekend. I might start wearing dresses and skirts more often because they are easier to pack. I don't have many, though.

I need more sunscreen! I definitely want to make my own at some point. I will need to get another kind of deodorant to leave at work because the crystal stone was not enough to cut the stink this morning (applied post shower, pre ride). Maybe that will change when I'm wheat-free for longer. My previous biking trips, when I was not sneaking wheat into my diet as often, did not leave me stinky, I don't think.

I've got some raw chicken in the fridge that we bought last Thursday that I still haven't taken out of the package. It's probably gone bad by now. Maybe I will try to cook it all up tonight for dinners for the next few nights!