Page 399 of 761 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 7605

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 399

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    I am continuing to struggle with anxiety on and off this week. Skipping breakfast for the third day in a row (or is it the 4th?) may have something to do with it.

I am also finding that all of the wedding bands I like are above my reasonable price range. I really like these antique filigree styles, but 18k (my engagement ring is 18k) makes it pricier.
    True Heart Ring in 18K White Gold
    At least I have some time. Maybe I'll find something more reasonable on eBay or Craigslist that can be resized.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Black triangle of death be upon you whomever you are.
    I hope you are banished. Permanently.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousGrok View Post
    -removed-
    I am not sure if I should feel flattered or insulted. Either way, your choice of language leaves something to be desired.

Edit: I spoke to InfamousGrok, everything's good, message ended up in the wrong place. No burning at the stake required!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 05-02-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am not sure if I should feel flattered or insulted. Either way, your choice of language leaves something to be desired.
    It was the choice of language that earned the triangle treatment from me.

A simple "You weird" is an opening for a conversation or a "Ok... and how are you today?"
    That bit was completely uncalled for. And reported as such.
    Personal insults and attacks in journals are not to be tolerated IMO.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

not an insult
    An appropriate comic for today's shenanigans.

not an insult
    An appropriate comic for today's shenanigans.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes by reporting that.
    I didn't fee that it was appropriate due to the language/tone, not the message.

Next time I'll leave it up to you...
    I figured if he'd do that in your journal he'd do it in others.
    And tbh, I was pretty offended on your behalf, in a defensive sort of way that one feels as a friend I suppose.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

No worries! I appreciate it

Edit: See above, everything is cool. Please don't flame InfamousGrok, he put his message in the wrong place to the wrong person .
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 05-02-2013 at 03:48 PM.

I can't recall ever having such a strong response to Springtime before. I had a smile on my face this morning. Most of the maple trees have their leaves as of this week. For those unfamiliar with New England foliage, we have a LOT of maple trees. They're basically an invasive species around here. They are the reason that leaf-peepers travel up this way during the Fall.

My ankle hurt more as the day went on yesterday and still hurts this morning. I took some Ibuprofen. I must have twisted it a bit when I took the spill off the bike two days ago. I keep finding new bruises from that pavement encounter. I feel bad, being pretty whiny about my aches and scrapes. Hulky asked me how I deal with it, and it took a few tries for me to understand what he was asking, but he meant: he gets hurt all the time and I am pretty okay with it, but when I get hurt, he freaks out and insists on taking me to the ER/doctor & babies me. I totally don't mind it, but he has a hard time dealing with my injuries. He gets hurt so often and is so "whatever" about it, it just doesn't phase me anymore. When he does whine, I worry, because that means it's pretty bad.

My muscle aches are all recovered from my biking trip two days ago. I've started taking two scoops of L-Glutamine again, with the hopes that it will help with muscle recovery when I'm biking daily. Unfortunately, I'm almost out and won't be able to get more until after next Friday. I'm worried about trying to bike with my knee still oozing plasma. Knees are a beast to heal because the joint is moving so much. I don't know if I can bandage it sufficiently AND bike.

I emailed my therapist to see if we can change my schedule. She must be on vacation because she hasn't responded. I'll check in next Tuesday if still no response because I know she has appointments on that day, usually. I may be able to borrow my mom's scooter for therapy days occasionally.

Weekend plans
    Friday
    -bike to Whole Foods for milk to make yogurt
    -bike to ATM to drop off oil check from my mom
    -prep yogurt?
    -hanging with Chip and Hulky (might have a couple of Black Russians, but my acne is finally starting to clear up so maybe not)
    Saturday
    -matinee of Iron Man 3
    -practicing the bicycling route to work
    -Hulky is going out drinking with a friend from work, if the friend doesn't flake out (again). If he does go out, I might join my family at their church for the feast after the midnight church service. Unlike most Catholics I've spoken to, the Orthodox ACTUALLY have their service at midnight. Well, it used to be. They've knocked it back to 9PM for folks who get up earlier (lots of kids at this parish), but that means food around 11PM. Close enough .
    -Prep yogurt if I don't do it tonight
    Sunday
    -Maybe another biking trip in the morning (route to work)
    -Pascha party at my parents' house! We are bringing Hulky's parents along. Unfortunately, Chip has training at work, we were so looking forward to having him meet my sister's fiancé. Possibly more alcohol and definitely tons of food.
    -Hopefully I can find the title to the scooter this weekend!

I might have a blog post up later today. I had some thoughts on the way to work, but now I have to work to remember them

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My favorite bandage for the knee is these. Actually, I love these for almost all my bloody injuries. Because of the way it's made, it makes the bandage effectively Jenproof.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome