Page 398 of 798 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 398

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hormones, Homeostasis, and Why You (Probably) Need Carbs :: stumptuous.com
    This article is floating around the forums lately. I'll admit I didn't read a lot of it, but the beginning and end have some good basic information for anyone who is struggling.

My n=1 is that strict primal & low-carb really screwed up my hormones. My progesterone might've been low before (didn't have it tested until last Fall, after constipation started and low sex drive had been mostly dominant for a couple of years), but I didn't have signs that really indicated that until last Fall, when the intense PMS cropped up. Eating more starches HAS helped, over the past month or so that I've been trying this. My sex drive is much better and I'm not taking Vitex anymore (we'll see if the PMS occurs again though). I'm following more of a Perfect Health Diet plan. I eat rice with lunch, sweet potato after work, potatoes with dinner. I just need to incorporate starch with breakfast. My constipation HAS improved since doing this, albeit slowly. Time will tell, but I think this might be a good plan for me.

My favorite part
    Stop saying “should” and start saying “is”. Maybe Dietary Protocol X should work according to Expert Y or Anecdotal Evidence Z… but if it doesn’t feel good for you, it doesn’t fucking work for YOU and YOUR body. That is what it is. If you argue with reality you will always lose.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My favorites...

"If your SO, spouse, children and friends run for cover when you enter the room..."

"If you are fasting...Stop, just stop."

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Just read that - have never seen it before. It makes good sense. And its sorta the way my intentions are moving. I like it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Internet research says ask for $800-1200 for the scooter. Craigslist tells me nothing because none of the scooters are like mine (they're either new and cheaper than mine was when I bought it, or vintage). I am feeling very stressed about this. I don't want to screw my mom out of more money than it's worth, but I could also really need the money. It does not help that I am aware of her financial situation (she owes taxes & money to my dad for something).

I'm going to ask my mom for $950 for the scooter. I'll go talk to her about it tonight. Also need to talk to her about laundry and let her know that Hulky's mom wants to help with the engagement party. We won't start talking about planning that any sooner than next week, since my mom is prepping for Pascha right now.

Some drama went down yesterday with Hulky's oldest whole sister (as opposed to the half sister that is in her 30's) and we are not going to be doing laundry over at Hulky's parents' house anymore. It's stupid and I'm a little peeved that Hulky would rather use a laundromat than just brush off his sister being stupid. It sounds like Hulky's mom is going to put on her big girl pants and finally kick the girl out. I don't envy her that job.

I did a little biking last night, to the strip mall to check out printing prices at Staples (more expensive than online), as well as paper prices. I biked to and from Hulky's parents house to move the laundry over too. I remember the small hill over the bridge to the mall being easier last summer, so that's at least one hill I'm comfortable practicing on before I try the route to work again. Unfortunately, I HAVE to start biking to work next week, otherwise I"m going to be spending over an hour on a bus and a lot of money on commuting fare. I have so much anxiety over this. I can't even afford to get a decent jacket yet to keep the sun off of me. I guess I could see if I can take the scooter next week, or borrow my mom's, if I need to.

I felt a little queasy after that short biking trip last night. I think the problem this time (and maybe before, too) was that I hadn't eaten enough earlier in the day. I skipped breakfast yesterday (and today) because of gas & stomach upset. My appetite returned right as I was leaving for work today. I'll probably nibble on fruit soon.

Wow, it's already May. My birthday is next month!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just keep biking and it'll get easier. Why do you have to start biking next week?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    That seems like a reasonable price for the scooter. Sorry about the laundry issue - it sucks not having a laundry of your own! I remember the days of lugging clothes to the laundry mat or to family laundry rooms........... ugh! I hope the biking goes well. Have you considered selling the Mustang and getting a reliable running car?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hulky made some suggestions for practice routes for biking to work that made me feel a bit less anxious. I need to start next week because his work schedule changes then (his final exam for his class is tomorrow morning) and he will need to drive himself in (can no longer carpool).

The Mustang would not sell for enough to get a reliable car, especially since the engine is the selling point and it's not 100% right now (radiator needs replacing and I think there was something else, but I can't remember). The work it needs was unexpected and we just haven't had the time or spare cash to deal with it yet. We might be able to check out junk yards on Saturday, but I need to make some calls to see if they have the right model around so we can look for radiators, and then find out how much they'd charge.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, I am sore all over today! I should start taking L-Glutamine again for muscle recovery . I went biking after work, almost made it all the way up the big hill to my parents house without stopping (in the lowest gears), but my legs were starting to cramp up near the top. I was only about 5 houses (in the suburbs, so there's not much room between houses) away from where it starts to level out! I want to go out again tonight, but I don't have anywhere I need to go. Maybe just to Whole Foods for milk. Apparently it's my dad that made the special request for yogurt this weekend . I'm happy to supplement his mostly-vegan diet with something as wonderful as homemade yogurt!

For those of you who are not friends with me on Facebook, I took a spill on my route yesterday. I was so embarrassed, it was the middle of the street. My tires need to be trued (they aren't straight) and so when I signaled my left turn and tried to brake at the same time (probably not a good idea anyway), the brakes grabbed and wrenched the bike. There wasn't any oncoming traffic, I made sure of that before getting over, so I was safe enough. A guy in a mini-van stopped and kept traffic out of the way until I got up and made sure I was okay. I've got a nice scrape on my right knee, a couple smaller ones on the side and back of my left knee, and I tore a hole in the right knee of my athletic capris. Sigh. I'll stitch it up and keep wearing them, but they're not very comfortable. I really just want to get real biking pants with the cushion and everything! The whole trip was under 5 miles. Round trip to and from work will be about 7.

My mom and I settled on $850 for the scooter. I couldn't find the title last night, but I know when I last had it, so it's in the apartment somewhere. Oh and the tax stuff doesn't matter because I'll be signing it over to sister's fiancÚ and they live in New Hampshire, the land of no taxes. My mom started off the payment by giving me a check for the oil bill. I will probably get the rest of the payment from her over the next few months, in the form of paying off medical bills and taking me to the bike store so I can get some gear (and maybe a tune-up). I'd like to end up with extra cash at the end because that could go towards my wedding ring.

I've been having a lot of gas lately. I will try to have more apple cider vinegar in water because that seems to help settle it. I hope this is a good sign for my gut bacteria health recovering?

I had to fill up the car last night when I picked Hulky up from work. Worried about making the pennies stretch until the 10th. I don't want to use the oil money for groceries.