Page 396 of 797 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 7968

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 396

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Neti pot helped, but when I went out biking, I nearly drowned in excessive phlegm. Not sure how well this biking to work plan is going to go anymore. I also only made it about halfway before I had to stop, for fear of puking. Hills are hard, man, and none of these are that big!

Guess I'll get back out there tomorrow =\. I'm not too keen on practicing the bike to work on days that I actually have to work, but I need to start doing this ASAP because the Mustang isn't ready (don't have the $$ to spare for a radiator) and Hulky's work schedule is changing so he won't be able to carpool. At least I still have the scooter, but the inspection sticker is about 2 years old now ><. I forgot to get it inspected last year.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

My mom has requested yogurt for Pascha (Orthodox Easter, in one week). I'm excited to make it, but nervous because our apartment is still pretty cool. I'm going to try this method. Homemade Yogurt in Mason Jars - Food in Jars | Food in Jars We have a small cooler that should easily hold two quart jars, which is enough for a 1/2 gallon of milk turned to yogurt. $4-5 for the good milk at Whole Foods should be doable, even though the grocery budget is tight for the next couple of weeks. Actually, it should be okay since Hulky gets paid next Friday. Useful having overlapping pay schedules!

Maybe I'll make two batches that weekend. Good to have a back-up in case the first doesn't work out, plus I am totally willing to suffer through my lactose or casein intolerance for homemade yogurt. So friggin' tasty.

Hulky and I had a nice semi-outdoors day. I biked to Whole Foods for eggs in the morning, after ogling some activewear at TJ Maxx (really want some sports bras and kind of want some skimpy shorts for the hell of it). Later, we went out for a walk, wandering some paths near the soccer fields. We stopped to watch some kids play, Hulky pointed out how their coach is awful (easy to see, since the guy wasn't paying attention at all) and the kids really needed more instruction. He's thinking of looking for a team or league to join. I'm happy that he's feeling physically outgoing. Being active is really important to him. I got a little bit of a sunburn and it feels nice. Just enough to hurt a little if I rub my skin or my clothes are too abrasive. At the end of the walk, we got ice cream and then looked at some honeymoon registry websites online. I'm currently trying to find a website that would allow our guests to upload photos to share with us.

I'm still feeling pretty nervous about trying to bike to work. I am hoping I can make enough progress to try it later this week, but that depends on me practicing after work. I really don't want do the trip back and forth twice in one day (for work, in the car, and then to practice on the bike), but it must be done!

Tonight, I'm making chicken drumsticks (just salt & pepper, wish I'd picked up some Parmesan though) and oven fries with some broccoli. In case you're new here, yes, we pretty much live on broccoli. I need to try some new veggies this summer.

I can't wait for my parents' baby tomatoes to grow later this summer! I had some tasty meals with those babies.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    You're going to look stunning in a pixie haircut and a sexy, strechy dress. I wish I could be there. What color will the dress be?

As for the styles, the sexier the better. The ones with collars will detract from the smaller bust, but I'd play it bold and go with the strapless. I also really like the back of the bottom 2nd left one though.

Sorry about your nasal drippiness. That's maddening. Does the colostrum help with constipation? Digestion? Muscus production?

"I think when Chip says "you may now take the plunge", you and hulky should look at each other, get an ornery grin on your face, rip your clothes off and dive in." +1 You could make it a 'breakaway' dress.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-28-2013 at 07:18 PM.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I make my own yogurt and have done the hot water in the cooler method. It works... I recently bought this little whizbang contraption, and am amazed the it works as well as it does! No hot water, no electricity needed.

Amazon.com: Yogotherm Yogurt Maker- 2-QT: Kitchen & Dining

Yeah, definitely need to get one of those, just hasn't been a big priority among so many other things that require my $$.

Fila Skele-Toes (Your Choice)
    Read the description on the left. I got a good giggle from it.

Word of the day that looks weird: among.

Check-in later.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah, definitely need to get one of those, just hasn't been a big priority among so many other things that require my $$.

Fila Skele-Toes (Your Choice)
    Read the description on the left. I got a good giggle from it.

Word of the day that looks weird: among.

Check-in later.
    Wedding gift? I'm sure someone that knows you would certainly be willing to gift you one for your wedding.... Just brainstorming.... ouch that hurt my head!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    NW, The package came. Thanks

Doc, that's a good non-honeymoon item to put on the registry. Thanks for the idea!

P, you're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Doc, that's a good non-honeymoon item to put on the registry. Thanks for the idea!

P, you're welcome!
    On occasion, I come up with one.... now I need to regrow the brain cell I injured thinking it up! mmm protein! It does a body good!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I guess I updated enough over the weekend, so here's today's thoughts and plans for the week.

Food: Fairly on track, still allowing treats here and there. I am finding they bother me less and less physically as I don't let them bother me mentally. Mostly, I opt for the gluten-free options anyway. Hulky and I used up a $100 gift card (from Verizon for adjusting our plan to epic internet speeds for no more expense) this weekend eating out and going to the movies (Pain & Gain was really really terrible, we walked out)! Totally worth it. I had ice cream and cookies this weekend. Hulky helped me back gluten-free cookies last night and the honey (1/3 cup, recipe calls for total of 3/4 white and brown sugar!) made them suuupper sweet. I only had two small ones last night and got a headache! I forgot to bring some to work today, but that means I get to have some tonight.

Meat is not on sale this week so that is making the grocery budget kind of rough, but I think I can make it work until the 10th. I also need to get more cat food. I have to get a different kind because Fae suddenly stopped liking the stuff I've been getting. Too bad, because it was grain-free and one pack was $0.99 and lasted for two meals (one day).

Sleep: Been sleeping better lately. Struggling to stay on my back, but that is how my back feels best. Sometimes, I wake up and want to roll over, but it always hurts my shoulders or upper back in the morning.

Body: I should be able to bike after work, then make dinner, and get groceries & cat food after. Going to be a busy night!

Mood/brain: Since my period came and went (very short!), my mood has improved greatly. Therapy was good last Friday. I feel like I'm able to sort through stuff as it happens now. Sometimes, it takes a little longer (dealing with the marathon bombings), but I'm still able to identify the thoughts and moods and wait them out or deal with them appropriately.

Iron Man 3 comes out this weekend, woohoo!

Great. We just got billed for oil. I didn't think they were filling us up anymore because they didn't come at the start of the month.