Page 395 of 739 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 7390

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 395

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Toes: I elevated them while I slept last night and they seem better today. I will try to do that for the next few nights. They did seem to improve as the day went on yesterday; some of the feeling returned after walking around and the ones that were very swollen reduced a little. Unfortunately, I'm in the office and can't keep them elevated during the day. I will try to get up and walk around the building a few times today, however.

Allergies: Allegra seems to do a good enough job of keeping the sneezing and itchy eyes at bay. The neti pot helps with the post nasal drip, but is not working as well anymore, now that everything is blooming. I'm interested in trying stinging nettle leaf (in a supplement), but that will have to wait until after next paycheck. I am waiting until I can order colostrum again, I want to see if that will help too. The neti pot is a hassle, but at least it helps pretty significantly.

Weather is looking up this weekend! I want to go biking!

I ate pancakes yesterday. So tasty. A few little pimples to show for it. Yes, they were regular wheaty pancakes (well, chocolate chip). I had an egg and bacon with them to help mitigate any hypoglycemic symptoms and I was fine.

I got my period yesterday, much earlier than expected.

Wedding: Hulky and I are tossing around ideas for favors & programs. We'd like to have some kind of print-out that can be left out for our guests after the ceremony, with a basic announcement "Tasha & [Hulky] were married in front of friends & family on July 13, 2013 at the [my last name] homestead in [my hometown]" and information on our registry/honeymoon website. I'm thinking of making a "wedsite" where we could also host pictures and videos that people take, or possibly set up a place for people to upload their photos to share with us. We'd link to the registry from that site. We want these programs to work for people who cannot attend, so we can mail them out too. I think I'll probably design something in Photoshop or Word, otherwise I think we can design something for pretty cheap online, possibly less than $1 per program (need 50-60, I think, so there are extras). We'll just need to buy nice paper and be stealthy about using somebody's color printer (my mom has a good one, but I'm worried that she'll notice the ink levels reduce =P).

I want to make my template/trial infinity dress next month. I'm going to need something like 5 yards of stretch fabric (probably stretch jersey) to make it! For the template dress, I think I will just use an old bed sheet for the skirt. I'm mostly concerned about getting the circle skirt measurements right, and the waistband. The rest seems fairly easy and any messy seams will be hidden. I should have enough fabric leftover if I buy the jersey for the straps to make two sets, otherwise I can just reuse the straps on the final dress if they come out right. That means I have to pick a color! Still leaning towards a pastel/baby blue.

We want to jump into the pool after the ceremony ("You may now take the plunge!") but I'm not too keen on getting married in a swim suit. I may put my bathing suit on under the dress and while Chip reads the last announcement, I'll take it off.

Also, I'm going to plan on getting a pixie cut (I may get it trimmed soon, the back is getting ridiculous) 2-3 weeks before the party, then bleach it 1-2 weeks before, and pink soon after that .

Hulky's best man will probably not be able to make it out . Flights from Flint, MI to here around that time are over $300. I don't know if we'll be able to afford his ticket, but we're going to try. Unfortunately, Jet Blue doesn't fly out from there and they are usually pretty cheap.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Could he drive a little further to a different airport? Sometimes the smaller airports offer cheaper flights b/c they want people to fly with them, whereas the larger airports have enough volume they don't have to be competitive with their pricing.

I think when Chip says "you may now take the plunge", you and hulky should look at each other, get an ornery grin on your face, rip your clothes off and dive in.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

It doesn't look like there are any other close airports that would be any more affordable. If he drove 4 hrs to Buffalo, NY, it'd drop to closer to $200 for the whole trip, but the dude's got a family to support. We can't ask him to miss work to drive absurd distances for a flight.

Haha, that's basically what we're envisioning, but I won't know how easy it'll be to disrobe from the infinity dress until I make it.

Thought it would be worth a shot... *shrug*

I have no idea which wrap style might suit me. Since I'm small of bust, there will probably be a lot of material to twist or tie somewhere. Obviously, I can adjust that by have less strap material, but I need to retain some length for a variety of styles.

Grr having a hard time finding 4-way stretch jersey fabric online in the color I want.

I like it as a halter (top right) and as the X in the back (bottom right). But how do you secure it??? is it just tied in the back or something?

But I can totally see you wearing it like center row, 3rd from left. I think both this style and the halter style would work with a smaller bust (because they show the girls without showing the girls, ya know?).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Regarding allergies: when my son went strictly paleo his seasonal allergies went away. but if he eats just a couple bites of something with wheat - he starts gettings that nasal drip and itchy eyes. Might be worth a couple week trial of strictly paleo to see if it could to the same for you.

I love the plans you have for the wedding - what fun! I hope you have someone taking action shots so you can share it all with us!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I've done strict paleo, nothing helps the post nasal drip. It's likely my dust or mold allergy that causes it, so I'm kind of screwed. I can only hope to bolster my immune response.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    that's sucks..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

The pollen count is high today. I woke up with difficulty breathing! I don't know if the neti pot will help at all, but off I go!