Page 393 of 798 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 393

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    yes, but sales tax on $1 is MUCH less than the 'gift tax'. Our sales tax in Iowa is 7%. 7% of $1 is only 7 cents, but gift tax is something like 25% of the total value.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    The sales tax is not on the sale price, it's on the "blue book" value. There is no gift tax for vehicles.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Oh. MA is different from Iowa then. IA only considers sale price when figuring taxes. IA's gift tax is based on blue book value. Just the opposite of MA. It's interesting the varying rules among the states.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    TX is on Blue Book as well. We discovered that when my father gifted me with the Bordellomobile and had to pay $75 for the "gift tax" while trying to register it. Mind you, when I sold the car, I got $500 for it and RAN (it was worth maybe $300 with fresh oil and a full tank of gas in it.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I didn't realize it could vary like that from state to state! Definitely interesting (and something for me to keep in mind when we move).

I also didn't realize how well I've been sleeping lately. Last night, Hulky and I were up late and I was WIPED this morning. Hungry when I awoke, appetite disappeared after Threelac (drinking water tends to dull it) and simmered for rest of time at home. I took 4g of Vitamin C to try and move things along, since just the Threelac in the morning and 2g of Vitamin C in the evening was not enough yesterday. I nuked a sweet potato and ate it with coconut oil & cinnamon. I'm a bit hungry, but lunch is meager today since I ran out of energy before prepping lunch last night. Apple, banana, orange, tin of sardines in olive oil. Not enough. We grabbed groceries last night and I got a bunch of gold potatoes. I want to make oven fries!

No sun salutations this morning. Maybe tonight. We slept on the guest bed last night, which has a firmer foam mattress from Ikea (firmer than the pillow-top mattress we usually sleep on). My upper back felt tight this morning. Can't tell if that's good or bad. That often happens when I sleep in that bed, but I feel like it's probably my back trying to right itself and struggling against a bad alignment. Or something. It would probably be a good idea for me to continue sleeping in that bed. With Hulky keeping the same sleeping schedule as me now, this might be doable.

Tomorrow is supposed to be really warm! Forecasted high of 70░F . I will go biking after work. I'm not expecting to be able to push the whole 12 miles to the next town center and back, since it's been a couple of weeks since I was riding. At least 7, which is a round trip to and from work, would be good. I really wanted to be biking to work before May, but that's in just over a week and it hasn't been warm enough yet. I don't have enough spare cash to spend on the biking gear necessary to bike comfortably in cooler temps. It looks like it's finally starting to warm up this week, with temps staying up around 60░. Not today though. Today it's a high of 45░ and rainy!

Laundry tonight.

Next month, I'm hoping to squeeze a trip to the vet into the budget. It's about $90 to get Fae her rabies vaccine, which is the only one required by law. I'm considering not taking her at all, since the land lady doesn't check to see if she's been. If I really want to know how much she weighs, I could borrow my parents scale and weigh myself, then weigh myself while holding her and subtract the difference. I'm not really worried, I'm pretty sure she's losing weight with the mix of grain-free kibble and grain-free wet food I have her on now. It's a little pricey, with the wet food at $0.99 per day plus the dry food (about $26 for a larger bag, but not the largest). I think it's on sale right now, so it's not always going to be as affordable. I guess I could do a mix of dry and raw...not sure if that would be bad for her stomach though.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This is what a good portion of people do in Ohio do to save on sales tax when purchasing a vehicle. For example, in my county, sales tax is 7%. You purchase a vehicle for lets say $5000. You get the seller to agree to put that you purchased said vehicle for $500 on the title. You pay $35 in sales tax. The seller gets there $5000, you pay $35 in sales tax, everyone wins.
    Georgette

That's what we do, Geo. We bought an old beat up motorhome from Brad's grandparents once when they were hurting for money. We paid $2,000 for the camper, but told the county we paid $75, which was believable b/c the thing had 175,000 miles on it, leaked like a sieve, and barely ran. If the credit union had SEEN it, there's no way they would have lent us the money for it. We told the county we were going to restore it... We later sold it for $1,000 after 2 years and only fixing the leaks. We had some fun in it (we parked it at a yearly campsite and stayed in it on weekends). It was definitely worth spending $2,000 on.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    "chiropractic for your gut", I've never heard of that. I hope it works. The exercises sound good.

On the bike, the Fed's allow $12,000 gifts, tax free. Don't know what your state does, but most have some level of exemption. However that leaves the problem of receiving payment for the bike from someone. Maybe they could pay that amount in your hospital bills and also call it a gift.

My bills are not even $200 so it wouldn't be very equal . I know it's not legal to sell it as a gift and still receive money, but I don't think it's likely that my mom will buy it anyway. I can't imagine my sister's fiancÚ wanting to ride a scooter or losing his pride for long enough to accept it to get a job. But I don't know him that well, to be fair.

Poor Hulky is having all kinds of muscle issues. I don't think he's doing squats right, as one of his knees has been hurting a lot. He just saw the doc (actually my primary) and she said it's muscular and to take it easy for a while, no squats and don't leave it bent for too long. He has some kind of pain behind his right shoulder blade that is likely muscular and the doc told him to see a chiropractor so he is on his way there now. I can't help but feel that if he ate regularly (sometimes only has one normal sized meal a day), at the very least, and/or dropped the wheat, he wouldn't have these problems. Seems like he can get some improvement in strength and mobility, but at some point, his body seems to get worn out. That's just my perception though, he might disagree.

I have to really focus on my right knee when I do squats and move around. I tend to turn it inwards and I can feel the difference when I focus on it and make sure it's going out. After just one session of push-ups on knees two days ago, I was able to resume regular push-ups last night, but only 4. I love being able to see the difference in my thighs (look tighter) and arms (look more sculpted) from these movements. Even if I never do weight lifting and stick with the basic primal movements, I will be happy! I just hope the squats I'm doing will be enough to counteract the forward pull of my shoulders from the push-ups.

I keep feeling sad, hearing people talk about being hungry and trying to lose weight in the office. They're doing some kind of Biggest Loser challenge (largest body fat % lost wins). "I was so hungry last night!" Gaaahhh you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight! I do not feel like I am in a place to comment on any of this, so I just keep quiet.

I've been having trouble hydrating this week. Just don't feel like drinking anything and not really getting thirsty.

This week has also been very hormonal for me. I know I was sensitive last week from the Marathon Bombings, but this week I have been prone to irritability as well as sadness. I think I am going to get my period early. I'm not that surprised, with how crazy my cycle and hormones were at the start of the year. I just hope things get a little more normal soon!

Lunch today is leftovers from dinner (Hulky didn't eat, was feeling mopey). Pork chops, broccoli, and oven fries mmmmm.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    forward pull of my shoulders from the push-ups.

I've been having trouble hydrating this week. Just don't feel like drinking anything and not really getting thirsty.
    I've recently read that if your doing push ups you need to counter balance by doing pull ups - not sure what the science is behind it - but I think it was push up work one side and pull up work the other. ???

Try sipping on water through out the day - I find drinking water through a straw is easier when I'm not really feeling like drinking anything. I've heard we drink more when drinking through a straw - that's why bars serve drinks with straws!

Hope you're feeling better........... those darn hormones!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation