Page 392 of 738 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 7379

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 392

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    My town is not, but my town is neighboring (2) towns that are on lockdown. The grocery store and banks are closed in my town today.

No more news on all of this right now. As far as I know, officials are still patrolling Watertown. MBTA service still suspended.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What does MBTA stand for?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I can't imagine what you all are feeling and experiencing .................. prayers are going out for you.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

MBTA = Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority, aka. public transportation, which covers buses, subway, commuter rail (trains), and ferries!

Lockdown is lifted and MBTA is running again. Looking forward to going biking this weekend if the weather holds up!

Hulky and I walked down the street and saw "Oblivion" (new Tom Cruise post-apocalyptic movie) at the local cinema. Fun movie! Now I'm drinking a Black Russian, he put a little milk in Bailey's and I'll cook dinner late (taters and snausages).

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    They finally caught the second man, and alive. I hope you sleep well tonight and have no more worries about terriorists.

Yes, much relief to be had. I heard about the capture moments after, as my friends were doing live updates on Facebook while listening to the police scanner online. I am still scared, but much less so. I am anxious to see what will happen now with prosecuting the surviving bomber.

I keep telling myself I need to exercise, I need to go out and do something, and I keep coming up with excuses, so I am taking it easy on myself. I find that the gentler I am, the more I allow myself to not need excuses, and I will be active when I am ready. The squats alone have done quite a nice job firming up my legs and butt. Hulky is impressed . I have never looked so fit, so we are both enjoying the view .

A lovely person from MDA sent me a box of Threelac they weren't using (arrived quite quickly, thank you!). I'm going to spread it out as much as possible and use that as my supplemental probiotic for now. 60 packets could be 60 days worth, or double-doses for 30 days. Hulky's bro is signing up on Vitacost through my referral link so I should get some $ to spend for supplements soon and get more colostrum.

Gut doc: Gave him the rundown of what I've been trying and he decided that it'd be best if I mix treatments. He suggested 1 tsp of Inositol (at bedtime, should help with 5-HTP absorption so I can lower dose eventually), colostrum, and Threelac. He said based on my findings that the issue seems to be some kind of immunity problem, which explains why colostrum works so well. He had not heard of colostrum being used for gut disorders before (most likely usually for allergies). He said that he finds the results from urine tests (for bacteria levels) more helpful than stool tests, that stool tests are much more expensive, and he'd like me to do another urine test after . I didn't ask why the urine tests are more helpful, but I am curious about that (would think it'd be opposite, since the stool comes from where the problem is!). We reviewed my old urine tests from end of 2011, when he found elevated candida levels and low good bacteria levels. My theory is that going low carb for most of 2012 continued to destroy my gut bacteria until, for whatever reason, in August of last year, the constipation suddenly set in.

The doctor also wants me to see a "body worker" at the office for visceral manipulation. The Barral Institute I've never heard of this before, but the way he described it sounds like the equivalent of chiropractic for your gut. He said there's a valve in the intestines that, when manipulated, can sometimes relieve constipation almost instantly. He said he would like me to go at least twice before he sees me again, and see if that helps in conjunction with the supplement therapy. Sessions are about $85 a pop. I'd like to get my hospital bills paid off before I proceed with that.

I am really hoping I can tolerate dairy after this! I miss yogurt. My parents have requested that I make some again. Once it warms up a little more, I will make a few overnight batches (wrapping the crockpot liner up in towels in the oven overnight, with the light on inside) for my parents and my godfather. Then I might see if anyone at work is interested and make it by request. My favorite milk for it at Whole Foods (whole, grass-fed, cream on top) is over $4 for 1/2 gallon. $8 for a quart would not get me much profit. I wonder if $10 would be too unreasonable. We'll see. It's not that much work to make, but it means I can't use my oven for at least 12 hrs! In the summer, I may just leave it in the warmest room of the house, wrapped in a towels overnight. Last year, the kitchen stayed pretty cool so I had to keep the yogurt warmer in the oven.

In the Fall, I definitely want to invest in apples and make some applesauce again. I could sell some at work in smaller jars. If I go apple picking, I think I could offset the cost of apples with the cost per jar, though buying organic at the store might be cheaper. The plus side of apple picking is you can easily get a variety, and mixing apple types results in the best sauce. All I add is cinnamon, to taste. It'd be nice to have some jars saved up for myself as well.

My mom might buy the scooter from me for my sister's fiancÚ to use. All he has is a bicycle and she thought he might like to have something that would make it easier for him to get around while job hunting. He's been unemployed for about a year now. Selling to my mom would make it a lot simpler, I could even give to her as a "gift" to avoid the sales tax. I'd like to put half the $ into savings, and half towards paying off Hulky's car. It has just under 1900 miles on it, been driven for two years (2009 model purchased new in 2011) and sheltered in winter... thinking of asking $800.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That is one way to avoid taxes, but then you run into "gift taxes". Best to say you sold it for $1.

Good luck with the new gut protocol. I hope it works for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

That doesn't save us from sales tax though. Not sure how much it would be for the scooter. Either way, will know later this week if she's buying it or I'm listing it. I don't expect to get $800, as it needs a tune-up and has never had the battery replaced (recommended to do that every year, I guess).

Budget: Not having to pay for heat this month has helped so much more than I expected! I can set aside savings and not worry about groceries for the first two weeks of next month AND give Hulky money for the car . This makes me want to just go ahead and place the order for my supplements, but I'd rather wait until after I pay rent. I'll just tough it out with Threelac and Vitamin C this week. I also really want to get the stupid radiator for the Mustang, but should call dealerships and see if it'd be cheaper through their parts department than online. Feeling relieved. I hope I can save up a good amount this summer and not have my savings demolished by heat next winter.

Body: I printed out the linked image below. At Kakes' suggestion, I think I will try to do this (goal of 6 rounds per side, but may only start with 2-4) every morning. Just doing squats daily, and not even that many, I am noticed changes in my back and hips. Sometimes, my right hamstring is very noticeably tight. Sometimes, it feels looser and more like the left side. Sometimes, my knees hurt, and it's not the same kind of ache I associate with inflammation. Things are shifting, I guess. I can't sleep comfortably except on my back, but I still wake up when I would normally toss and turn. On my side, my shoulders hurt and on my stomach, my lower back hurts (and chiropractor forbade it haha). I was better at sleeping on my back consistently last year, been struggling with it this year. I am also starting to do push-ups daily again. For whatever reason, I could not do ANY yesterday. I should have dropped to my knees, but felt frustrated so I just stopped. Will try again tonight!

11 Sun Salutation Facts for Beginners | The Art Of Living United States
    http://www.total-yoga.org/blog/wp-co...a-Namaskar.jpg