Page 39 of 782 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 39

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I totally have adrenal fatigue too. FYI this means your body is probably low progesterone & thyroid as the body draws on these hormones to make cortisol. I am treating mine by taking thyro & using progesterone cream. Also I take & 1oomg each of phosphatidylserine & L-theanine 2x/day to reduce further effects on my adrenals. It works fo sho. Good luck m'dear.

PS I have been in marriage counseling for 8 yrs, we started before we got married & I have NEVER regretted it. My husband & I have one of the strongest relationships that I know of out of all of our friends & family, which can be directly attributed to the yrs of hard work we have put in w/ Dr. Carl.
    Last edited by me2; 11-05-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: ps
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I haven't tried progesterone creams, not sure if I will. I'm pretty much doing everything else possible before I shell out the $$ to go that route (not that it's terribly expensive). Hmmm totally missed L-theanine as a supplement for AF. I should really get that adrenal fatigue book.

I am REALLY against family therapy situations (not that couples therapy is the same) having had some really bad experiences with going to therapy with my parents when I was a teen. It was not for long, but I was absolutely miserable. MISERABLE. I am also of the opinion that couples therapy before marriage is a good sign that you should probably not be together... but that's just me and I mean no offense. I'm glad it worked for you. I also know that my boyfriend would be 100% against it, and I'm only seriously concerned about our relationship when I'm excessively emotional

It's been a good weekend! Boyfriend and I must have had some sleep deprivation because we slept for 12hrs and got up at 1pm on Saturday! We'd both been kind of awake for a while, but were seriously enjoying the zone-outs. I started my liquid Vit D drops and B12 drops. I've been forgetting to take my L-Tyrosine lately and feeling a bit more forgetful and spacey. I got some probiotics yogurty things at the grocery store (kept us under the $100 budget/week I made up, w00t) to see how the probiotics affect my overall mental health (inspired by Josh's GAPS/autism experiment). AND MORE BACON. We are making a bacon weave right now ))))

Steak dinner with my uncles (dad's college friend, his partner, and my godfather) tonight, so no cooking, hooray!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Bacon weave?

Pics or it didn't happen.

I love taking pics of my bacon.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-06-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Awww we didn't take pics this time. It was thick. It was uncured. It was delicious.

Dinner with the uncles was delicious. I had a filet mignon and the last piece of steak. I found myself thinking "NOT ENOUGH MEAT", but really, I could have had more veggies. I had some home-made coleslaw, which I used to hate, but I liked the way my godfather made it (not all goopy, it was very fresh). I had a little wine, but seem to have lost my taste for alcohol, which is a little disappointing. I like the freeing of inhibitions that it provides. I finished my chocolate last night and will not be buying more this week. Oh and I bought a bag of sweet potatoes so yaayyy. I'll probably have at least a few in the evenings this week, depending on my perceived hunger w/in an hour of dinner. Boyfriend started on the big cake he made over a week ago finally and I am glad because I want my pyrex dish back in action. I am also missing the smallest one...

My back is slowly on the mend. It's not my back so much as the muscles that line my ribs on my side/back. When I sneeze, they hurt. Sudden movements (like moving to catch something that's suddenly falling or I'm dropping because I'm a spazz) hurt. The ride to work on the scooter this morning hurt, but I could not take the car. It feels better now that I've had a few hours to sit and rest it. I'm still taking Ibuprofen to take the ache out in the morning and will probably take more sometime this afternoon or this evening once it wears off. Plus side: my squats are improving because I have a pain signal to tell me when I'm doing it wrong!

My appetite is still screwy. I got used to being hungry for 3 meals a day. Now I'm hungry at odd times, or not at all until dinnertime. This morning I was slightly hungry, but wanted to get to work ASAP since I slept in a little (was late anyway), so I just had a glass of the Kefir I got (vanilla flavored, so there is sugar in it, but it's REALLY tart and tasty, exactly how I imagine a proper liquid yogurt would be) and my water with VitD & B12 drops, as well as my L-Tyrosine & fish oil. I don't know how many servings of my probiotic drinks to have every day. I got a bottle of Kefir with 4 servings & a bottle of coconut something with probiotics, since they did not have the yogurt that FPSJosh is eating, also with 4 servings. I am happy to have the 5-HTP back in my life. I slept like a rock and actually enjoyed the ache in my calves on the way up the stairs this morning. My hunger has been coming and going since this morning, but mostly kind of just whispering in the back of my head like "I mean, it kind of seems like you should eat now, but I don't know...". Well I don't know either. I know fruit would make me hungry, but I'm not sure if my body needs food or not. Dinner will not be enough calories for the entire day, and if I feel the same way tomorrow, I'm worried about starving myself accidentally. I think I need to read more about IF'ing. Am I supposed to be making up for missed calories if I only eat once or twice a day?

Dinner will be asparagus (hooray smelly pee!) and chicken thighs. I'm not sure how to prepare them, so I guess I'll spend some time looking that up this afternoon! I just cooked them in bacon grease the other day, but I don't want to scare boyfriend away from primality with too much bacon grease. Perhaps I'll use some of that lime that was left from our party.

No-Poo day # something: It's been over a week since I washed my hair with conventional shampoo. I used ACV once over the weekend and I washed with BS & ACV today. I need to invest in a good bristled brush to help distribute the sebum. I got very used to never brushing my dry hair because it dries so straight, but now it gets a bit clumpy and I constantly have to fluff it up or move it around so it doesn't look like it's "dirty". I am sure my hair's "composition" will change as the weeks continue, but right now I'm annoyed with it and have nothing to put my hair up with.

Also I am SHEDDING LIKE A MANIAC THAT SHEDS A LOT. Every morning I paste the hair that comes out when I massage my noggin on the shower wall, so I can clean it up after (and not clog the drain). I'm pretty sure it comes out to at least the 125 strands you're supposed to lose in a day, on average. And I continue losing hair throughout the day. Supposedly this is linked to increased protein intake yadda yadda yadda. Well, it's annoying. At least I don't seem to be really LOSING hair, as in, it does not feel less plentiful. But at this rate, I feel like I might eventually notice it...

Also on the hair front: I am very happy with how the blue is holding up. My unbleached hair seems to be completely normal/naturally colored now, and by-passed the green stage it had last time altogether, but the highlights are still retaining the blue quite well. Only in a few spots (in the front, where it looked lighter after the initial dye-job anyway) is it starting to fade to teal. It'll probably take a while for the highlights to fade enough for me to bleach, but by that time I should be completely adjusted to no-poo and it'll be awesome-sauce.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

I am also of the opinion that couples therapy before marriage is a good sign that you should probably not be together... but that's just me and I mean no offense. I'm glad it worked for you.
    Offensive.

Golden Rule sister.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Eh? Yeah I knew it would be offensive to you in all likelihood, but I refuse to leave my apologies out because in text, it just sounds too harsh. If I could convey that sentiment verbally, the text would not be there. In any event, it's a large topic and I don't feel like turning this into a debate. It's just how I feel. Hm, apparently I get rather defensive at the suggestion of therapy, probably because I've had more than enough of it in my life and am not prepared to bother with it again any time soon. Not your fault.

Maybe I care too much about what others think. In any event, I get defensive over my relationship online because I know I tend to just say negative things here esp. about my relationship, but the truth is I am madly in love and deeply content with my relationship. Lesson learned: I need to keep that stuff out of this journal and take it easy when it comes to things I disagree with. I try to stay out of the politics (and that extends to leptin shit, guh) here, but people get awfully riled up. I don't remember it being like this when I first came here over the summer.

Tummy-ache tonight. Not sure what I did wrong. Lots of asparagus, chicken thighs, and a sweet potato. Okay, okay, and a slice of pumpkin pie without the crust. I feel squishy. I tried doing a few deadlifts with my kettlebell, felt okay but I'm sure I don't have the form right. My thighs enjoyed the stretch at least.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Eh? Yeah I knew it would be offensive to you in all likelihood, but I refuse to leave my apologies out because in text, it just sounds too harsh. If I could convey that sentiment verbally, the text would not be there. In any event, it's a large topic and I don't feel like turning this into a debate. It's just how I feel. Hm, apparently I get rather defensive at the suggestion of therapy, probably because I've had more than enough of it in my life and am not prepared to bother with it again any time soon. Not your fault.

Maybe I care too much about what others think. In any event, I get defensive over my relationship online because I know I tend to just say negative things here esp. about my relationship, but the truth is I am madly in love and deeply content with my relationship. Lesson learned: I need to keep that stuff out of this journal and take it easy when it comes to things I disagree with. I try to stay out of the politics (and that extends to leptin shit, guh) here, but people get awfully riled up. I don't remember it being like this when I first came here over the summer.

Tummy-ache tonight. Not sure what I did wrong. Lots of asparagus, chicken thighs, and a sweet potato. Okay, okay, and a slice of pumpkin pie without the crust. I feel squishy. I tried doing a few deadlifts with my kettlebell, felt okay but I'm sure I don't have the form right. My thighs enjoyed the stretch at least.
    You know, successful relationships always have a communication pathway, albeit mine is borken atm. Even if it has to be therapy. I just have a bad stigma with therapy because my therapist thinks my diet is crazy :-P.

You do what's right for you and let the rest of us figure out if you're crazy.

Tonight you carbed up, resolve to hit fat a bit harder this week to make up for it :-P.

Also, deadlifts mean your legs are dead and have to lift up a dead man off of the floor. Keep those legs straight and just bend at the hip. E.G. How to Deadlift: Definitive Guide to Mastering Technique | StrongLifts.com
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

I am setting a promise to myself that I will at least open my written journal and look at the next blank page, if not actually write in it, before I come and spill my guts here.

Be back later.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    fpsjosh01- that's not a correct description. According to the link you provided. What you're describing is a straight-legged deadlift, which I just learned is, in fact, a legit exercise, but it's not a plain deadlift. I don't think the name has anything to do with dead bodies. I think it's because you're lifting a dead weight (as opposed to say, a child, that can move and might help). But I could be wrong.

Hey, Wonder (I like that better than nameless- more fitting perhaps?)- it's probably best to write in your paper journal first- but this IS your journal so you CAN write things here. Sure, you might upset someone- but I'm discovering that the only way not to upset anyone is to not have an opinion. Which, personally, annoys the crap out of me.

I can understand why you would be wary of couples therapy prior to marraige. I would be too. 'Course, we also have used therapy to fix what is broken. I believe there are people who use it to strengthen what isn't broken yet. Not for me, but as long as it works?

Good to hear about the blue hanging in there! I'll have to start thinking about this again . . . I was shedding like mad for a while, too. It's calmed down some- I didn't know about the protein thing. I did hear that it's can also be caused by weightloss. I guess the body thinks repairing hair is less important when it's losing weight? Who knows.