Page 386 of 678 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 6775

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 386

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Today is a ramble-y day. Grabbing lunch soon (chicken thighs, green beans, rice, apple, orange, banana, and avocado!).

Hulky is registered for his fall courses. Due to scheduling conflict for his remaining required courses as a Bio major, he had the option of taking one course in August (3 weeks, at a remote site in Maine the whole time) or in the Spring semester (meets twice a week at 5:30-9PM or something like that, at the aquarium). He opted for the August course, so his course load is pretty light with technically just three courses this Fall. It will be odd to live alone with the cat for those 3 weeks. I don't know what his access to internet or cell reception will be like while he's there. He is going to have to make sure he has rent saved up because he'll only be able to work for the first week of August. After that, he should get money through the Yellow Ribbon program for living expenses, which, due to our proximity to Boston, covers all of his monthly expenses including rent! How awesome is that? He's taking a Calculus course, Freshman Seminar (...as a senior... yeah. Because he didn't ever take it and they're making him take it! should be funny, he's going to be 7 yrs older than most of the other students in that class), whatever that remote bio course is, and Psychics. In the Spring, he takes the second part of the Psychics course, and I forget if he has another requirement, but has openings for 2 elective courses. Nice way to end your undergrad studies! I had two electives my last semester too (drawing & photography).

So glad that his GI Bill education benefits aren't being affected. I read that tuition assistance is not active anymore, but that's different from this.

My knees started to hurt last night and still did this morning. I think it was not enough water combined with too much chicken lately. Lots of omega-6 seems to aggravate my knees and hands. I wonder if it's arthritis. This did not seem to develop until after I went primal. Seems like low-carb really did a number on me . Just a theory, though. I have no idea if that's how my gut ended up so messed up.

I love my new shoes, but need thinner socks. My feet are sweating! All I have are black athletic socks, which are great when you spend most of your time in combat boots (college), but not everyday activities. How are these good athletic socks?! They don't breathe at all and they're way too thick!

A trip down memory lane:

Sorry if this is huge, photobucket doesn't seem to want to resize it.

Was going to be my passport photo, but we misplaced it and had it re-taken. 17 yrs old at the time of taking. Wearing my most favorite sweatshirt, a giant Lord of the Rings one (just has the title embroidered on upper-left chest) from the Lord of the Rings Experience exhibit when it was at the Museum of Science Boston in 2004 (I think?). You can't really see it, but I'm wearing a giant paperclip as an earring.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-11-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    cute picture - but you're much prettier now!

Too many things going on with you right now! toes, tummy, bowels ............... you must be feeling very frustrated!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Nice picture. Busy life. Have fun.

Shark week arrived a bit early, not surprising after all the crazy hormone crap for the first couple months of the year! I was caught off guard, but not unprepared, fortunately. Will make a pit-stop at home before or after therapy and all is well. This explains the seemingly inexplicable low mood yesterday. Not as bad as the really bad PMS I experienced pre-Vitex, but still noticeable and unusual for me. I'm comfortable staying with 150mg of 5-HTP for now.

I slept more solidly last night, didn't wake up too early, but I am still pretty tired. It felt like I was starting to wake up before my alarm went off, but was not fully awake until I heard it. I think that's an ideal scenario for me. Since Hulky is aiming to get up at 7AM everyday now, I find it a little easier to drag myself out of bed, knowing I'll get to interact with him for a little before I head to work. He drove himself to work today and I drove to work from there. Traffic was awful so I'm stuck at work until 6:30 today. That may not seem all that late, but I usually get out at 4:30. I don't like staying late and I am not sure how bad traffic will be at that time. I'll probably go straight to the grocery store after work.

Chores for tonight: scrub shower walls, go out and get Zyrtec (I think I am getting a bottle of Zyrtec for Hulky and I want to try something else, maybe Allegra), cat food, and sweet potatoes.

I wanted to order out tonight, but when Hulky and I talked about it last night, he said he wanted to keep it cheap. Sushi isn't cheap, so I have to make myself dinner since there aren't any other reasonable Primal options for delivery. I guess I could get some sushi at Whole Foods, but it probably wouldn't taste very good. A gluten-free pizza from Trader Joe's would be cheaper than ordering out and I'll be out anyway. Something to consider.

Apparently, a few friends are coming over tonight. A work friend of Hulky's, his bro, and C (mutual friend that we met through in high school). This of course means booze. Part of me wants to drink, but I can't think of anything I'd actually want to taste/consume. Even the creamsicle drink (whipped cream vodka with orange juice) doesn't sound appealing. Maybe I'll just crack open that wine I got from my supervisor for New Year's and have a little with my dinner. I am not sure if I will end up socializing with them at all. Right now, I think I'd rather play Skyrim and go to bed early.

Tomorrow, I plan on going out to get donuts for Hulky in the AM. He wants to make pancakes, but we'll see how much he feels like it after drinking the night before (and after seeing the donuts). I'll drive us up to Maine, hoping to leave no later than 10AM. I am hoping that Baba will feel well enough to eat out Saturday night, otherwise I might be stuck eating wheat, which I was really hoping to avoid this weekend.

I also need to go to the post office and send P my DL-Phenylalanine still! I am so bad at sending stuff in a reasonable time frame

Nameless Wonders: Thinking about LTC (license to carry)
    Hulky told me recently that he wanted to get an LTC. I decided that I wouldn't want a gun in the house unless I had it too. Something to save up for (courses are about $200).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Have a fun weekend

I'm wondering why you would be forced to eat wheat at Baba's? Will there be no meat or veggeis/fruits available? You can always pass on the bread - but if the main course is a pasta based casserole that could be problematic. Purhaps offer to be the cook for everyone and then you can somewhat control the menu? BBQ burgers is always an easy no wheat option - everyone else can have a bun. Maybe I'm way off base, since I'm totally in the dark about the eating environment at your family gatherings..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

My mom is aware of my desire to avoid wheat. I'm not going to offer to cook anything because I would have to make it vegan friendly (for my dad and sister). My concern is being hungry. If there isn't enough me-friendly food, I will eat wheat because calories are important to me right now. When I don't eat enough, my brain suffers. I know I'm going to be extra hungry because we likely won't have an opportunity to get lunch.

I don't know what food will be there and I don't know what is available to order/pick-up if we don't go out. I was counting on going to the local BBQ place, which I know has veg-friendly stuff.

Therapy was really rough today. I lost it after I left and had to call Hulky to talk me down. I couldn't think of a good excuse to leave work, so I'm back at the office.

My weekly status report looks really measly right now and I can't think of anything else to add to beef it up. I'm just nervous about my annual review next month.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Are you sure you're not diabetic? Have you been tested lately?
    This was my question too... seems suspiciously diabetic like... might not hurt to get tested, just the same. Insurance would probalby cover it 100% if your doctor ran it as a routine screening.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Nameless Wonders: Thinking about LTC (license to carry)
    Hulky told me recently that he wanted to get an LTC. I decided that I wouldn't want a gun in the house unless I had it too. Something to save up for (courses are about $200).
    Check online. Brad got certified online for $30. I didn't have to take the test b/c I have an active duty DD214. Hulky should also qualify for a carry permit without taking a class. Weird... I was just looking at the carry laws for MA and it seems you don't have to take a safety class, but you have to jump through WAY more hoops than we do in Iowa. We just have to fill out a permit application, take the course (or provide proof of military membership) and pay a $55 processing fee. It's interesting how different each state is.

Massachusetts Concealed Carry Permit Information <-- I didn't see anything about a course here, but I quickly browsed the page and didn't read the entire page. Maybe I missed it.

HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

In MA, you have to take a safety course and the whole point is that I WOULD NOT want a gun in the house unless I knew how to safely operate it too.
    Massachusetts Gun Licensing Requirements
    In accordance with MGL Ch. 140, Sec. 131P; (a); First time LTC applicants must complete a MA Certified Firearms Safety Course or a Basic Hunter Education Course “…satisfactory completion of a hunter education course shall serve as a valid substitute for a basic firearms safety certificate required under this section…” In accordance with MGL Ch. 140, Sec. 131(a) & (b); Issuing of LTCs is also “subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of firearms as the licensing authority deems proper”.
    Taking the course counts as an application too, so the fee includes the processing fee. Hulky may not have to do all this because of his veteran status, but I don't know.