Page 385 of 776 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 7751

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 385

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think you handled that perfectly

As for the toes.......... and gut.......... you most definitely need to stop eating wheat and sugar - and let me encourage you to go get a skin culture. You shouldn't still be having trouble after 2 rounds of antibiotics. A stronger antibiotic may be needed. Is Lamisil an antibiotic?

hope you heal soon - that must be miserable!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Yes, lamasil is an antibiotic. I'm finishing up taking a generic for it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If those and the athlete's foot stuff, as well as tea tree oil and silver aren't fixing it, something's up. I'm leaning toward it's not athlete's foot and a sign/ symptom of something else.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I thought it was an anti-fungal medication. Which should be working if you have athletes foot - but not if its bacterial in nature. Maybe thats why its not making it go away? Could be something else, not AF. ????
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

You're right, it's anti-fungal, not anti-bacterial. I'm screwing those up in my head and have been calling it an antibiotic the whole time!

I got a list of some local dermatologists to follow up with from my insurance. None are at a convenient distance to the office, unfortunately.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    It's great that your sister wasn't upset. Hulky's birthday is special.

Cephalexin: MedlinePlus Drug Information - Cephalexin is an antibiotic. LAMISIL is an anti-fungal and it has a number of unpleasant side effects Terbinafine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, particularly Gastrointestinal problems.

It sounds like your doctor is unsure if it's a bacteria or a fungus. Ask him to have his lab test it so you both know what you're dealing with. If it's a fungus ask him for a different anti-fungal, one wtih out so many Gastro side effects. The hit-and-mis approach can be expensive.

If the Cephalexin worked, maybe he'd want to go back to that.

I sent an email to my doctor to see if she can test it to see if it's bacterial. I think she wanted me to go to a dermatologist because they need to have an idea of what to test for and she doesn't know what it could be. I don't know if the Cephalexin was a high dose or not, but I only took it for a week and I don't think that was long enough to wipe this thing out. I think this is going to require a longer course of antibiotics.

I feel a bit pissed that I got confused and didn't have any probiotics for the past two weeks because I thought I was taking an antibiotic, but it was an anti-fungal! Bah, whatever. It's done.

The Terbinafine gave me no noticeable gastro side effects. My constipation didn't change. I have been just as bloated during this time as well.

Sleep: In bed at 10:30, awake with my alarm at 6:30. So tired, snoozed till 7 and kicked Hulky out of bed with me. I was so groggy and cranky. Wwwhhhyyyy

Supplements: This morning was last dose of Lamasil. My obsessive cleaning is probably the only reason why there was noticeable improvement for my toes, but it's still lingering. I wonder when I'll notice any benefit from the colostrum, if there is any benefit to be had. Threelac worked okay, but it was expensive and I had to take a heavy dose (6 packets a day) so it didn't last long. Tempted to try Fivelac, but not yet. I want to finish this trial with the colostrum.

I wonder if I have a parasite. I feel like there would need to be more symptoms than this and I've GAINED weight, when I think people usually lose weight with a parasite. The constipation started sometime after I got back from my friend's lake house, and I did swim in the lake. Who knows?

Okay, fine, I'll call the gut doc today about getting a stool test.

People around my cubicle are talking about diets right now and I just want them to shut up.

Wow, I'm pissy today. I didn't eat breakfast because my appetite was missing until I left for work. By the time I considered turning around to eat, it would have been a big hassle to get back through traffic.

Apparently took a huge dose of fukitol today.

Silver lining: Looks what I found at TJ Maxx last night! My mom bought them for me

Appointment with gut doc made for morning of April 22nd, he's out of the office next week and I have therapy tomorrow so I don't want to add another appointment to my day. That gives me about a week and a half to keep trying to get the Vitamin C dose right and hope that the colostrum does something magical. I know it's sick, but I'm kind of hoping I have a parasite. It would be awesome to have something with a known and reliable treatment method! I'm annoyed that this doctor didn't suggest stool testing earlier, but I guess it's up to me now.

Still waiting to get an email back from my doctor (my primary, different from the gut doc, but same office) about testing my toes and trying an antibiotic. Hoping she'll respond sometime today, she usually does, but I don't know if she's in the office.